The future of the ABC - Guthrie sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Although I am happy to contribute my dollars to keep the ABC, it certainly left me feeling very angry and reduced me to tears.
If you missed Australian Story, Four Corners and Media Watch tonight you missed a perfect example of what the ABC is all about.
The first two shows left me feeling ashamed of what is happening to this once great country.
Dutton is a proven fool and what is happening in the NT is disgrace!

Saw the story on the Sydney dood over in Syria. The investigative journalism was exceptional. This guy is the smoking gun that links al queda with ISIS. And we know that al queda in Syria are american armed and supplied. Except the story pretends al queda are the bad guys and were the good guys. Really demented s**t.

Although I am happy to contribute my dollars to keep the ABC, it certainly left me feeling very angry and reduced me to tears.
If you missed Australian Story, Four Corners and Media Watch tonight you missed a perfect example of what the ABC is all about.
The first two shows left me feeling ashamed of what is happening to this once great country.
Dutton is a proven fool and what is happening in the NT is disgrace!

You wouldnt get this kind of value from Murdoch or any other private media business. They are only interested in cooking shows, sports & disasters they can show us. Investigative journalism is what the ABC is really valued for. No one else will bother with it.

You wouldnt get this kind of value from Murdoch or any other private media business. They are only interested in cooking shows, sports & disasters they can show us. Investigative journalism is what the ABC is really valued for. No one else will bother with it.
Let's enjoy it while it lasts.

With a Murdoch hack in charge, the ABC will slowly be whiteanted from within.

RC announced already I see, geez, we hate it when people abuse our kids, not so much when we abuse other people's kids. As long as that's done out of sight on a Pacific Island nobody cares, some even seem to think it's deserved, or somehow their own fault.
A Royal Commission???? Wouldn't an 'investigation' suffice? It's only one place, right?

This feels to me like an excuse to have an RC so when people ask about the banking RC they can say they already have one going and we can't have a RC into everything. I don't get it.

Look I think it's a great idea and it's nice to know they can get a Royal Conmision going, quite literally, overnight.

This way, the next time there's a call for one they don't like and they roll out the old "it's too hard to organise, too expensive, will take months to plan" excuse, we will know they are obfuscating and full of s**t.

And to think a certain poster on here believed that the ABC should be defunded because their standards of journalism had slipped.

Just in the last month they have caused the closure of an industry (greyhounds) and a RC into NT child detention.

This is exactly why we need a well funded public broadcaster. Not that you will get the "privatize everything" crowd to ever understand.

Let's enjoy it while it lasts.

With a Murdoch hack in charge, the ABC will slowly be whiteanted from within.
Looking at the current shows, they have definitely cut back on buying new BBC shows. Topical/news comedy panel programs two years out of date seems to be the most they can afford now.

Boo ******* hoo.

Maybe they should do some decent journalism instead of obvious rubbish like corruption in horse racing, or Buzzfeed level listicles on a government news website.

Their opinions, views, outlook, and then paying that a-hole Leigh Sales so much is exactly why I do not care about the ABC going down the plug. Shitful stuff. Their jobs for mates outlook, the woeful programming and selection of Australian material (funding crap like Middle Upper Bogan, unfunny cooking shows, or whatever it's called, guffing tripe like Redfern Now) means I don't really feel sorry for them either. They're a woeful organisation. Die already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boo ******* hoo.

Maybe they should do some decent journalism instead of obvious rubbish like corruption in horse racing, or Buzzfeed level listicles on a government news website.

Their opinions, views, outlook, and then paying that a-hole Leigh Sales so much is exactly why I do not care about the ABC going down the plug. Shitful stuff. Their jobs for mates outlook, the woeful programming and selection of Australian material (funding crap like Middle Upper Bogan, unfunny cooking shows, or whatever it's called, guffing tripe like Redfern Now) means I don't really feel sorry for them either. They're a woeful organisation. Die already.

Lel

Boo ******* hoo.
Obvious you haven't watched it for awhile, Redfern?
Yeah, who wants to watch real news, investigative journalism, Australian drama (The Code) when you can get it all from the true gutter press/media like Murdoch and Fox? To think that people pay for it!!! Who incidentally are suffering badly. LOL.

I don't read Murdoch press.

But I also don't want to hear it from the ABC.

What sort of stupid dichotomy is this? I feel like I'm in a first year Philosophy and Culture class. Just because you're one of the millions who 'realise' mainstream press is corrupt, that doesn't mean government broadcasting is pure or even good.

Honestly tax money goes towards the ABC: something operating on a totally irrelevant platform. Their programming is woeful. Their 'news' is internet roundups and a bunch of two-bottles of red a night chicks and private school w***ers like Chas Licciardello 'informing' us that Trump is a bit of a knobhead.

And don't get me started on Tony Jones and Q&A... the guy's old journalism was interesting stuff, ballsy and what journalism should be. Now he's pandering to Twitter feminists, the Charlie Pickering lets-all-be-liberal together crowd. All that show is is a bunch of privileged white kids and the odd educated immigrant (which let's kids from Camberwell think all migrants have luck and opportunity) talking about things we all know are right and having a go at people like Pauline Hanson and Christopher Pyne – people we know are pretty s**t people and pollies.

As for Australian Drama... it's all shite. Families punching each other, whistful looks out on hard-to-attain white upper-middle life, reflecting s**t realities right back at us with no subtlety, nuance, or interest.

RC announced already I see, geez, we hate it when people abuse our kids, not so much when we abuse other people's kids. As long as that's done out of sight on a Pacific Island nobody cares, some even seem to think it's deserved, or somehow their own fault.

Yes its utterly disgusting the level of abuse engaged in by these illegal immigrants in the camps. Hardly the sort of people that any sane person would want in Australia.

To think that people pay for it!!!

CHOOSE to pay for it. Enormous difference. Would you be happy if you were forced to buy the Herald Sun every morning?

Yes its utterly disgusting the level of abuse engaged in by these illegal immigrants in the camps. Hardly the sort of people that any sane person would want in Australia.

CHOOSE to pay for it. Enormous difference. Would you be happy if you were forced to buy the Herald Sun every morning?
Exactly, people CHOOSE to pay for it, fools.

Why not, I probably conributed for part of your education, highways I don't use. These are just two that I can think of this late.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back