Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Crawford v Porter presumably you mean, but yes not the Spence one of course.

I really hope Fury and AJ win and they can finally fight next year, at least they seem to be fully open in the UK now so they can sell out Wembley, I wonder if that was an impediment as well?
I do indeed mean that. Porter is honestly a better fight than I expected Bud to take so I'll take it

I'm not sure Wembley matters too much to that fight announcement. They'll make more doing in the middle east anyway & Fury doesn't care for the Uk really. it'd be way better being at Wembley but ultimately don't think it's much of a factor as much as other BS boxing politics

I do indeed mean that. Porter is honestly a better fight than I expected Bud to take so I'll take it

I'm not sure Wembley matters too much to that fight announcement. They'll make more doing in the middle east anyway & Fury doesn't care for the Uk really. it'd be way better being at Wembley but ultimately don't think it's much of a factor as much as other BS boxing politics

Yeah you could be right about that, might end up in the Middle East anyway. I guess it's a "cash your chips" type of fight so these days they only happen when one or both are over the hill (very annoying as I watch The Kings docs and watch all these guns fight each other)

Yeah you could be right about that, might end up in the Middle East anyway. I guess it's a "cash your chips" type of fight so these days they only happen when one or both are over the hill (very annoying as I watch The Kings docs and watch all these guns fight each other)
I think Fury ends his crazy ESPN deal with the next Wilder fight so he can really cash in if he does AJ next. 2 fight deal with him may get him 60m or more

Sadly from a competitive standpoint, he's made his money and mightn't bother, or fighting the lower echelon like Whyte next might make him an easy 20m so why risk a harder fight

Crucial for Parker, a good win might see him fight the winner of Wallin v Whyte, loss and he might be fighting another Kiwi
I actually think Whyte will face Fury/Wilder winner (politics will ruin the fight we want but hope i'm wrong)

Also Parker/Whyte has happened. Not sure it needs another when Parker is doing a rematch next? I like fresh matchups where possible

I actually think Whyte will face Fury/Wilder winner (politics will ruin the fight we want but hope i'm wrong)

Also Parker/Whyte has happened. Not sure it needs another when Parker is doing a rematch next? I like fresh matchups where possible

I hope you're not right about AJ not facing the winner of Wilder Fury but wouldn't surprise me. And who knows maybe Wilder surprises us, Joshua v Wilder is intriguing.

From what I remember about Parker v Whyte is it was close in the end, Parker came back and could have stopped him had it gone an extra round. I feel that a win against Chisora (particularly an impressive one) would get him to the same place again.

Though I'm getting ahead of myself here I think, I'll just try and enjoy the fights coming up!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back