Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that was a huge risk taking that fight which is what I read then Garside handled that easily. Really looked a level above.

Garside was a huge favourite, probably not that big a risk but sounds good I guess. But yeah he looked great, basically like an Aussie Lomachenko.

Got to love boxing on a Wednesday night, especially a card like that, has that just been happening since Mundine's heyday? I do remember Friday night fights used to be a thing before Choc, Wednesday works well, no footy to clash with it and not much else on.

Sadly I couldn't watch the fight live on Fox.
But I recorded it to watch later.
True to form, Fox didn't run the fight all the way through. I got to rond nine and the recording cut out.
Not the first time Fox has done that either.
Was a good card from what I saw.
I was unsure of the class of Garside before the fight last night, but gee he looked good( from what I saw)He is classy and a good mover.
Matet was no easy pickings, but Garside made him look second class at times.
Matet also scored some big punches on Garside, but Garside was able to stay composed.
Cotton Nader fight was hard, Cotton is one tough man. He took some big shots, but never wavered in his attempt.
Did I see Aokuso's opponent shake his head to say no more, or was it to not throw the towel in,.
I think he had had enough. He took some good hard shots. Out classed.
The ladies fight was one hell of a stoush. Both landed some good punches. I am sure that the $5 grand offered tot e two girls will be welcome. Great gesture.

Some great fights tonight. The disrespect of the bookies to the Venezuelan was wild. 3-1 and looks to be going head to head with coolwell

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back