Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Was it really?

I mean, Gallen was tough and lasted longer than expected, but he was still pretty much a human punching bag in there.

I expect if it had gone to the cards it would have been 10-0.

Yeah true.... If I was one of the Judges that night, Huni would of won each round 10-9. that means he would of won by unaminous points decision 100-90.

I refused to pay Fox to watch the Huni Gallen fight.
I only have seen what Fox decided we should see on their news spread.
It seems that Huni schooled Gallen with boxing skills.He fought the way he wanted.
Gallen took loads of good shots, so a good chin and tough.You could see Gallen wince every time Huni went to the body.
I think that Huni treated it as a good hard sparring session as a warm up for the Olympics.
Though no where near a Gallen fan of any sorts, I thought he was brave in the way he stood up to the physical pounding.A lesser fighter would have gone down a long time before the ref stopped this one.Also full marks to him for his after fight interview.Hard to say it, but it was all class.
I am sure that Huni will give a good account of himself when fighting for his country in the Olympics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to claim vindication on this one. Never thought of Gallen as good preparation for an Olympic tilt, too much risk and not enough reward etc.

But then again, my career as both boxer and manager never took off, so what the f*** do I know?

Feel for him.

I'm going to claim vindication on this one. Never thought of Gallen as good preparation for an Olympic tilt, too much risk and not enough reward etc.

But then again, my career as both boxer and manager never took off, so what the f*** do I know?

Feel for him.

Well I think the Gallen fight was more important than the Olympics because he was getting paid. If the Olympics was the main goal not sure why you'd take that Huni fight.

Well I think the Gallen fight was more important than the Olympics because he was getting paid. If the Olympics was the main goal not sure why you'd take that Huni fight.

I reckon he was hyped for the Olympics. In terms of exposure in Australia and some early international notoriety, a gold or silver medal would have set him up nicely.

As it stands, he's the bloke who Paul Gallen for $270,000 with no Olympics on the horizon.

My reading of it is that his camp wanted to take every opportunity that was available, and now they've come up a bit short.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back