Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Tim reportedly set to vacate the belt and fight Spence instead of Crawford

Massive disappointment if he does. We could no longer call time an anywhere anytime fighter if he does that. Not rushing to conclusions just yet but that rumour is gathering alot of steam sadly

Massive disappointment if he does. We could no longer call time an anywhere anytime fighter if he does that. Not rushing to conclusions just yet but that rumour is gathering alot of steam sadly
Yeah I read that as well. My theory is they want Spence and see him as spent goods and an easy pay day then go after the big fish. If this does come to fruition you can't blame Charlo for doing that against Canelo. You can't blame him anyway and fairness to Tszyu he said he'd do the same thing.

Spence Goods.

The rumour is gathering steam because Glen Jennings said he’d prefer Tim to fight Spence first then Crawford.
Is Spence even fit though? Last I heard he was having an eye operation.

If Tim beats Fundora, then fights Spence, I assume he only has to vacate his WBO belt, but can keep the WBC?

Anyway, I’m predicting the Bud fight will still go ahead, as Spence will be unavailable. Spence would probably want an easier fight first up after his last loss as well.

We’ll find out soon enough I guess. Tim only has until next week to negotiate a fight with Bud.

Ok…apparently Spence tweeting he wants to fight the winner. Maybe he is fit, although it wouldn’t be the first time an American boxer has said something he has no intentions of following through on.

George Rose also now talking up a Tszyu vs Spence fight, so it probably won’t happen.
Can’t wait for the day that Rose tells us Canelo is coming to Wollongong for a fight with Tim.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw a snippet of Tim being asked about the Spence fight, he genuinely didn’t have a clue what they were talking about.
He then asked who’s saying that, and when told his manager, Tim said he will need to talk to his manager.

Then it went to a snippet of Glen Jennings being asked about the Spence fight again, and he starts claiming he never said that.
Lmfao, I heard him with my own ears, and he wasn’t even prompted, he just blurted it out off his own bat. He also said it was always the plan to fight Spence first.
Then George Rose also confirmed it, while adding what a great idea it was, and how it made sense. Not sure how ducking Crawford to fight the guy Crawford just convincingly beat makes sense, but there You go.

My guess now is Tim will tell his people to organise the Crawford fight, and to stop listening to Al Haymons stupid ideas.

Just caught up on Wilson fight. Needed to take a knee in R7 instead he stayed upright getting clobbered

Pretty moronic to be the way longer and younger fighter but continue to work the exact range where you can get hurt. Stay outside but hes done that in alot of fights he doesn't need to. 1

Tim needs a KO to win this fight. If it goes to the judges there'll be the usual corrupt hometown nonsense you get from every other bout that goes to a decision.

Just caught up on Wilson fight. Needed to take a knee in R7 instead he stayed upright getting clobbered

Pretty moronic to be the way longer and younger fighter but continue to work the exact range where you can get hurt. Stay outside but hes done that in alot of fights he doesn't need to. 1
100 percent spot on. Definitely should have taken a knee. And yes why on earth would he not use his reach, especially after getting nailed continually with hooks on the inside.

No I.Q. No brains period.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back