Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m looking forward to the Zhang v Wilder fight.
You’d think it will be the end for Wilder if he losers this.
Cash out fight i think. He wasnt remotely interested when he fought Parker

Zhang has 4 rounds of cardio, Wilder threw 3 punches a round last time. Could be an absolute s**t show but given the power they have you wont be able to look away

Cash out fight i think. He wasnt remotely interested when he fought Parker

Zhang has 4 rounds of cardio, Wilder threw 3 punches a round last time. Could be an absolute s**t show but given the power they have you wont be able to look away
Exactly my thoughts re the power, I think Zhang will win as Wilder does seem finished.

I’ve been pretty impressed with Parker lately, I’d like to see him fight AJ again.

Exactly my thoughts re the power, I think Zhang will win as Wilder does seem finished.

I’ve been pretty impressed with Parker lately, I’d like to see him fight AJ again.
Parkers done well to turn around since the Joyce KO. Cemented himself as a top 4 HW but hes still a rung below the top 3 for mine

Zhang dropped him twice with no cardio, AJ has no such issues. AJ also has a better jab

Parker needs to fight Zhang again and AJ has no one around that makes much sense for now. Suspect we'll see the Whyte fight

Parkers done well to turn around since the Joyce KO. Cemented himself as a top 4 HW but hes still a rung below the top 3 for mine

Zhang dropped him twice with no cardio, AJ has no such issues. AJ also has a better jab

Parker needs to fight Zhang again and AJ has no one around that makes much sense for now. Suspect we'll see the Whyte fight
Parker will beat Zhang easily next time. He totally figured him out, cardio or no cardio.
He wasn’t greedy, just threw 2 & 3 punch combos and then got right out of there, while keeping Zhang away with some nice jabs.

Parker will beat Zhang easily next time. He totally figured him out, cardio or no cardio.
He wasn’t greedy, just threw 2 & 3 punch combos and then got right out of there, while keeping Zhang away with some nice jabs.
Still has to be perfect the first 6 rounds, Zhang lands and you are on the canvas. Parker probably goes in favourite this time but yeah, has to get through early fire still

You might get your wish here. Sounds like Parker/AJ strongly rumoured for July or so
I hadn’t heard that so cheers. I was keen on this fight as AJ has seemed to have adopted a theory that being active isn’t as a stupid idea as some of his colleagues believe.
Both are much improved lately.

Last edited:
And on the topic of active vs inactive, the hype job fan bois of Duck Davis have been making a lot of noice this weekend about Duck knocking out Frank Martin.
Is this going to be a real cherry picked fight?
Or is it just another one of those hypothetical fights that Duck is the all time P4P champ at.
He is unbeatable in the hypothetical fight game.

I’d rather see Duck fight Loma or Shakur.

Last edited:
And on the topic of active vs inactive, the hype job fan bois of Duck Davis have been making a lot of noice this weekend about Duck knocking out Frank Martin.
Is this going to be a real cherry picked fight?
Or is it just another one of those hypothetical fights that Duck is the all time P4P champ at.
He is unbeatable in the hypothetical fight game.

I’d rather see Duck fight Loma or Shakur.

I think Davis could be one of the greats, maybe an unpopular opinion. Problem is we're not going to find out anytime soon, he's not stepping up his level of competition, granted he fought Garcia but I thought Davis was winning that one anytime anyway.

I think Davis could be one of the greats, maybe an unpopular opinion. Problem is we're not going to find out anytime soon, he's not stepping up his level of competition, granted he fought Garcia but I thought Davis was winning that one anytime anyway.
Too much money in boxing - he's little incentive to test himself against Haney/Loma/Shakur etc

Posted it on a betting forum but Canelo to stop Munguia is $3.30 - pretty long odds. He got dropped by Derevyanchenko from memory and Derev being dropped from a body shot in R12 saved Munguia. He has really poor defense and this is a massive step up in competition. You can't go relying on your chin v Canelo

Flipside to this is not getting Charlo or Ryder out but the former just wanted to survive, Munguia doesn't have that defense/nous to do that imo

Last edited:
I agree Davis could be a great, but like you say we are not going to see it.
What is it with these dudes who have that weird ass fan boi crowd?
Tank fights once a year.
Crawford fights once a year.
God knows what’s happened to Cool Boy Steph, seems to have vanished off the face of the earth.

Being a fanboi is fine, but surely you actually want to see your guy fight, rather than just hypothetically talk about how great your boy is hypothetically.

I agree Davis could be a great, but like you say we are not going to see it.
What is it with these dudes who have that weird ass fan boi crowd?
Tank fights once a year.
Crawford fights once a year.
God knows what’s happened to Cool Boy Steph, seems to have vanished off the face of the earth.

Being a fanboi is fine, but surely you actually want to see your guy fight, rather than just hypothetically talk about how great your boy is hypothetically.

Absolutely, and currently Tim Tszyu (and Inoue and some others) are showing these guys the way. Of course you risk a loss but if you keep winning like those two fellas you become a star.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can’t be great if you continue to duck the best competition.

In my opinion guys like Davis and Ennis are little more than record padders until proven otherwise.

Tim Tszyu could be one of the greats though. That guy is scared of nobody and will KO Fundora. And he will KO Crawford too.

In my opinion guys like Davis and Ennis are little more than record padders until proven otherwise.

Tim Tszyu could be one of the greats though. That guy is scared of nobody and will KO Fundora. And he will KO Crawford too.

I mean you're right, boxers are only as good as who they have fought, that's one reason why Ali is so revered.

If you look at MMA Khabib could be one of the greatest LWs ever but his resume of fighters isn't deep enough. I think he's probably the best LW we'vve seen on ability but not on accomplishments.

Boots can't get fights as the champs won't fight him. Davis could easily get fights and chooses not to, I dont think these gays are the same

Albert Bell is another potentially really great boxer but can't get anyone to fight him

Matchroom released their financial statements. They profited $10m from boxing operations last year, that seems so low given AJ fought 3x including fights in UK and they seemed to have cards every week + Saudi money now.

Shows how little profit their is in boxing compared to MMA.

They made more on darts ($12m) than Boxing!

Did anyone here watch this?

Just taking a look on 7+ but can't see anything live atm. I haven't really sussed 7+ too much as yet.

I'm watching the 7+ card now, Ben Horn just got TKOd in the 6th by a fella called Chadwick. Get used to 7+ i'd suggest, you'll be getting some free cards in the next few months at least.

I'm watching the 7+ card now, Ben Horn just got TKOd in the 6th by a fella called Chadwick. Get used to 7+ i'd suggest, you'll be getting some free cards in the next few months at least.
I couldn't see live stuff on the TV app. I'll see if I can find my login and check it out on lappy.

The Ali call-out is a good example. There can even be a legacy for guys that lose fights.
Lose then win your title back is something people remember.
These Americans protecting the O is becoming ridiculous.

Big call out to Tim, he mocks the modern day duckers.

Lol Inoue, he just steps up and requests the best guy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back