news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Conor couldnt make 145 now if he cut his legs off, hed be walking around at Welterweight weight and GSP is a fair bit bigger size wise with less fat % as well as being a few cm taller.

When he was fighting at WW he would have battled to make 155 now he is bigger and older, if he had a 6 month camp and committed to lweight maaaaaybe but he didnt, he got bigger and more muscular when we "retired".
I dont have insta so i dont know what he looks like atm but GSP said himself he could make it a short time ago.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.m...s-he-could-easily-fight-at-lightweight-in-ufc

17078645_1041068489370825_597562926_n.jpg

17078474_10155288069454305_1458700603_n.gif

Months ago Dana White knew GSP didn't want to fight. He said some stupid s**t about knowing a fighter and GSP wasn't one any more.

Then GSP's return is official and White's just about saying that GSP could fight for any title lol.

I hoped GSP had stayed retired and the announcement of his fight with Bisping changes nothing. Really don't like that fight.

I don't think it's a smart fight to make. I expect Bisping to win. He's really old, so him beating a draw like GSP does little going forward. I don't think Bisping adds many buys to a GSP fight. There were heaps of fights I'd rather see for GSP before this.

There's also the fact that Bisping is clearly ducking tough fights. Good for him. He's getting easier fights and getting paid more. Can't fault the man for that. What it means is that Romero and Jacare are probably never getting title fights. That really sucks.

Helwani won journalist of the year again. Him winning it before was a joke. This time he won it after finally admitting to being paid by the UFC. Lol. At least have him be an independent journalist for a full year before giving him the award again.

Some of what Helwani does is journalism but mostly it's being a talk show host. As a journalist he isn't in the same league as Al-Shatti or Zidan.

Dolce won trainer of the year and TUF won best program or something. Helwani winning mightn't be the most laughable one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know if I like this, it might be too much too soon for Whittaker.

Weidman is fighting Mousassi, Rockhold and his mates are too busy getting injured, and Romero is next in line when Bisping is done on the Seniors Tour....so Jacare is probably the next logical fight for him.

Get what you're saying but he's still a baby in UFC terms, so a loss against a tough opppnent won't be the end for him. Think he'll put up a better fight than Souza's last opponent.

I don't think he'll learn much more fighting guys underneath him, so a big fight in the States will be a good indicator of where he's at.

Weidman is fighting Mousassi, Rockhold and his mates are too busy getting injured, and Romero is next in line when Bisping is done on the Seniors Tour....so Jacare is probably the next logical fight for him.

Get what you're saying but he's still a baby in UFC terms, so a loss against a tough opppnent won't be the end for him. Think he'll put up a better fight than Souza's last opponent.

I don't think he'll learn much more fighting guys underneath him, so a big fight in the States will be a good indicator of where he's at.
Yeah, no use fighting any of the guys underneath him but Jacare might just be the toughest fight from those ranked above him.
In an alternative world, Jacare could easily be the current champion. A world where Jacare didn't lose to a juiced up Romero ( he came back strongly) and where Bisping would actually fight the top contenders.
Agreed though, a loss would by no means be catastrophic for Whittaker.

Last edited:
Anyone who has the time, highly recommend listening to the JRE podcast with Dom Cruz.

Geez he speaks well, what a great representative for Australia and the sport.

Comes across as a top bloke. My brother has trained with him for years and says the same thing.

Nate v Khabib - Watch this space boys & girls.

I was reading yesterday they were looking to re-book the Ferguson fight potentially for UFC 211.

That would be a horrible fight for Nate IMO. He doesn't hit hard enough or defend takedowns well enough to keep Khabib off him. His chin and sub defense likely means he takes a 5 round beating on the ground.

I was reading yesterday they were looking to re-book the Ferguson fight potentially for UFC 211.

That would be a horrible fight for Nate IMO. He doesn't hit hard enough or defend takedowns well enough to keep Khabib off him. His chin and sub defense likely means he takes a 5 round beating on the ground.
Has submitted guys on his back. This fight potentially has more hype than Khabib v Tony.

Last edited:
Has submitted guys on his back. This fight potentially has more hype than Khabib v Tony.

Guillard was the last one I believe and that happened about 8 years ago. Since that has happened he's been controlled on the ground by a number of grapplers in fights (Guida, Stevenson, Henderson, RDA) and none of those guys would be on par with Khabib's grappling IMO. Subs off the back are becoming harder and harder to come by, so I don't give him much chance if that fight happens.

Guillard was the last one I believe and that happened about 8 years ago. Since that has happened he's been controlled on the ground by a number of grapplers in fights (Guida, Stevenson, Henderson, RDA) and none of those guys would be on par with Khabib's grappling IMO. Subs off the back are becoming harder and harder to come by, so I don't give him much chance if that fight happens.
Yeah, Khabibs top control is so methodical. He very rarely leaves space for the guy on bottom to move.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back