news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd prefer they stay and beat lower ranked guys tbh. As it stands Shamil Adburikimov (spelling?) is top 10 and hasn't won in 2 years.

Reem was on a winning streak and JDS has fought nothing but killers. Both beat quite a few in the top 15. Daukus, Ivanov, Tybura off the top of my head are worse yet stay on the roster (from the top 15)...

don't even get me started on keeping the low-level wmma garbage over these legends. Yes I know they're cutting the payroll a bit, it's ridiculous if we're talking 'legitimacy' of the sport

Keep in mind these seasoned heavyweights are on like half a mill per fight as per their contracts, so it's convenient for the UFC to come out and say "I don't think they should fight". Yes, they will both have long term brain damage, but that's not the overriding factor that DW & the UFC are making the decision on.

It always bugs me when DW feigns empathy for their wellbeing when it's usually guys who are making more money per fight than they ever have in their careers.

Ufc is going to feel weird without the reem. Has always been active since I’ve been a fan of the sport and has a great highlight reel of being on and good and bad end of some vicious fight finishes. Anyone else would have retired from that Ngannou knockout. The man is tough as nails

One of the jackson flogs from AEW wrestling got it pretty bad. “My cardio is finally back but it took months to finally feel like myself again.” There is more I've read that I can't remember. Will post them when I do.

Stephen Amell, who while an actor has mostly done his own stunts for his roles copped it pretty bad.

Side note, don't think I've read many stories of COVID deniers in the young age bracket offer to contract it to prove a point .....

Stephen Amell, who while an actor has mostly done his own stunts for his roles copped it pretty bad.

Side note, don't think I've read many stories of COVID deniers in the young age bracket offer to contract it to prove a point .....
There was that little insta model ******* who said it wasn't real and then died of covid 2 weeks later lmao

There was that little insta model ******* who said it wasn't real and then died of covid 2 weeks later lmao

I don't want to sidetrack this thread, as the pandemic is understandably a delicate issue that affects everyone, from the virus itself to the other side of mental health and the economy.

However, don't understand ripping a bloke who has clearly copped it and comments along the lines of 'harden up, COVID is bullshit...'

Na, pony up facts or STFU.

I don't want to sidetrack this thread, as the pandemic is understandably a delicate issue that affects everyone, from the virus itself to the other side of mental health and the economy.

However, don't understand ripping a bloke who has clearly copped it and comments along the lines of 'harden up, COVID is bullshit...'

Na, pony up facts or STFU.
Huh

Ufc is going to feel weird without the reem. Has always been active since I’ve been a fan of the sport and has a great highlight reel of being on and good and bad end of some vicious fight finishes. Anyone else would have retired from that Ngannou knockout. The man is tough as nails

I remember when the reem came in as the bogeyman if the division and dropped Brock with a body shot.

Real up and down career after that, feel like he suffered following the TRT ban.

Im pretty sure the first full card I watched was the Reem v Brock card. As a massive Brock fan it sucked for me but I think its the day I become an MMA fan. From memory its the same caed Diaz beat up Cowboy.

Looking at Reems record over the years, either been a KO loss or win. Can't say the bloke was boring.

He's in a bad spot though, he's obviously high level but way off being a legitimate championship threat, and with the division where it's at, they probably can't justify the pay.

Bellator maybe sign him on a short term contract at his age. Out of all the fighters that have been near the end, he's certainly not sounded like he's in two minds or going through the motions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

haha not a moot point at all.

He's not cutting say, 5-10 lbs, including 2 or 3 extra pounds then putting clothes/shoes on so he looks cool at weigh ins. Just isn't happening. There is a reason 99% of fighters strip down to underwear or even have to use the towel to weigh in. Because they aren't cutting extra lbs/KG's which affects performance negatively in order to be able to wear clothes on the scale.

He routinely goes to weigh ins with his kit on weighing under the limit, it's going to be very hard for him to get up to 205 unless he visits a buffet the day before.

Izzy weighs in at 201.5
So 😜

Just a shame they couldn’t get it done for the Ngannou fight

Full crowd fights make it so much more special

Big fights need crowds. Hopefully AJ/Fury is done in front of a crowd somewhere (signed for June)

Must say though I could not care less about this card. Most exciting thing about the card is the return of crowds. The fights are meh imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back