news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Moraes vs. Johnson II
Card starts in 20 minutes.
Watched some of the replays, couldn't have asked for a better card for the US prime time debut. Such an underrated product imo, would love for them to do a card here.

UFC for Perth in Feb next year apparently, not sure I'll bother flying over for it, prob just buy it.

Interestingly if they want to line up with the US market it will have to start around 7am, that's an early start on the piss for the crowd.

UFC for Perth in Feb next year apparently, not sure I'll bother flying over for it, prob just buy it.

Interestingly if they want to line up with the US market it will have to start around 7am, that's an early start on the piss for the crowd.
I remember adelaide when we went a few years back started at 8am. We did a boys road trip over and got absolutely trashed on the Saturday night, rolled into bed about 6am. Dragged ourselves out of bed around 9, grabbed a coffee and toastie on the way to the ufc and kicked off again about 10.

In hindsight it was pretty civilized.

If they’re doing it at Optus stadium I’m out, Etihad was bad enough unless you paid premium coin for ringside.

I remember adelaide when we went a few years back started at 8am. We did a boys road trip over and got absolutely trashed on the Saturday night, rolled into bed about 6am. Dragged ourselves out of bed around 9, grabbed a coffee and toastie on the way to the ufc and kicked off again about 10.

In hindsight it was pretty civilized.

If they’re doing it at Optus stadium I’m out, Etihad was bad enough unless you paid premium coin for ringside.

Yeah for a big event like that you can always get up and about no matter what I guess.

And yeah i won't bother with another fight card at Etihad, was expensive and terrible for viewing. Rod Laver is a great venue though, Whittaker v Brunson was epic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Horrible news. Must have been quite aggressive; last fought in December.

He was a good fighter, and probably deserved to still be in the UFC. His only three career losses were to Brunson, Thiago Santos and Brad Tavares, all relatively competitive decisions.

Elias Theodorou passed away from cancer...

He was 34... man. Thats horrible.
Yeah that is horrible

I read it today and straight away thought it was an accident or suicide. Cancer at 34, ******* hell!

After he went all mad he went pr I guess. Everyone loves reaper .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
there is the clip of Usman going at Colby a few years ago and Whittaker turns around and asks if he is talking to him and Usman backs up quickly

I think it has to do more with the respect everyone has for Whittaker. Great friendly bloke outside of the cage, absolute ******* savage inside

there is the clip of Usman going at Colby a few years ago and Whittaker turns around and asks if he is talking to him and Usman backs up quickly

I think it has to do more with the respect everyone has for Whittaker. Great friendly bloke outside of the cage, absolute ******* savage inside

Yeah I love Whittaker and seems everyone else does too. I remember Bisping going into the cage after one of his wins (was it Natal?) and Mike was trying to start some s**t talking to hype them fighting next. Rob basically just laughed and didn't get involved, Bisping even said something like "c'mon man give me something" and Whittaker gave him nothing ha ha

Yeah I love Whittaker and seems everyone else does too. I remember Bisping going into the cage after one of his wins (was it Natal?) and Mike was trying to start some s**t talking to hype them fighting next. Rob basically just laughed and didn't get involved, Bisping even said something like "c'mon man give me something" and Whittaker gave him nothing ha ha
Was after he won the interim belt v Romero

Yeah there was an interview with Whittaker after one of his fights where Bisping was working and in the interview he actually says to Whittaker 'if we fight you need to give me something to work with in the media' after Whittaker told him he owed him a fight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back