Autopsy The Good (lol!) The Bad and the Beveridge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why English is getting the criticism for Lobb's awful stints in the ruck. Accepting Gawn as an elite player Lobb just allowed Gawn to tap it (or thump) to where he wanted numerous times.
Lobb is a part time ruck. English is reigning AA but got owned by Gawn yet again. And when he did move forward he missed two shots he should have kicked that cost us any momentum.

Lobb was poor but English just as bad

He is not natural forward. Few leading patterns. Play him high he has to lead. Deep forward may as well get him back to CHB

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Its hard to lead into a forward line as congested as our invariably is because of our crab like systemless forward entries.

If it isn't won out of the centre like it was in the first 15 minutes today. Its always just a painfully slow predictable grind getting it in there.

JUH only looked as good as he did today because he was for the most part playing on lesser players and he had the ability to pull some nice marks out of his arse. Shame about the conversion when we needed it, but thats a story for another day. Naughton had to deal with 5 or more players at each of his contests. He needed to move up the ground. It was obvious that we weren't ever going to move the ball quickly enough to give our forwards a chance on the lead after the initial 15 minute burst, after Melbourne ramped up the pressure on our ball carries. Another issue that hasn't been addressed for 4 years or more. But I digress.

Again this is on the Beveridge. If an imbecile like me could see all of this unfolding from my couch. It boggles the mind that the coach couldn't or wouldn't do anything to address the obvious.

Lobb is a part time ruck. English is reigning AA but got owned by Gawn yet again. And when he did move forward he missed two shots he should have kicked that cost us any momentum.

Lobb was poor but English just as bad
And the one looking for a large multi year contract

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its hard to lead into a forward line as congested as our invariably is because of our crab like systemless forward entries.

If it isn't won out of the centre like it was in the first 15 minutes today. Its always just a painfully slow predictable grind getting it in there.

JUH only looked as good as he did today because he was for the most part playing on lesser players and he had the ability to pull some nice marks out of his arse. Shame about the conversion when we needed it, but thats a story for another day. Naughton had to deal with 5 or more players at each of his contests. He needed to move up the ground. It was obvious that we weren't ever going to move the ball quickly enough to give our forwards a chance on the lead after the initial 15 minute burst, after Melbourne ramped up the pressure on our ball carries. Another issue that hasn't been addressed for 4 years or more. But I digress.

Again this is on the Beveridge. If an imbecile like me could see all of this unfolding from my couch. It boggles the mind that the coach couldn't or wouldn't do anything to address the obvious.
There was space, if however you stay deep point to kick it in high, yes you will have 5 defenders on you. Also when it is your turn on May, follow him amd you will end up where the ball will go 1 v 1 at worst.

Jamarra gets better match ups by running the legs of his chosen opponent

One of the most pathetic games I've seen live from a Western Bulldogs ruckman. Let alone an AA ruckman.

Eff right off Tim, that was deplorable.
Tim won’t be there next year, take it to the bank. He knows, the all players know. Be a professional and put in for 6 months.

I guess this season we were always going to have a win/win situation. Play badly, new coach at some stage. Play well, give ourselves a shot at a flag and pat on the back for a guy most of us do love as a person (Bevo)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

All I wanted to see was some change from last year, just something.

So much for being the fastest Bulldog team in a while nor the strongest selected team in Bevo's era. Harmes and McNeil could not have played any worse if they tried, both cost us multiple goals at key moments, but the worst aspect was just how predictable we are, nothing has changed in regards to moving the ball from D50 to I50 and Melbourne scored just as freely from D50 as has every other team has against us since 2021.

Really could not have been a worse performance.

*Will post a full stats rundown in an hour or so.

Positives:
First 4 minutes of the game
JUH Marking,
Bramble, Gaggs, Sanders

Negatives:
Team Selection aka McNeil
Defending
Being slow on transition
Character shown in Last quarter

The thing that is so hard to stomach with these Bulldogs is that they are just psychologically weak. Even in our dark years, I loved following the Dogs because they had ticker. They didn't have a lot of talent but they gave it their all. These blokes just don't seem like they give a s**t. They're a bunch of cowards, to be frank. The way May drove Harmes into the turf after that tackle... you'd never see us doing that. Nor do we retaliate when it's done to us. That really tells you a lot about the psychology of the team. They have a real prey/victim psychology that started after 2016 and has been getting worse every year. There's a learned helplessness within the collective psychology of this group. Essentially we are a bunch of cucks.
Its really hard to discern what our brand is these day.

If I did it would be that we've been well and truly Beveridged.

A few individual positives were Gallagher, Bramble and I thought West is getting really good at that half forward role and makes things happen.

I also didn’t mind Buku’s game. He fell apart with his kicking at the end but he competed well and has space to develop in that role over a Keath or Gardener. Maybe as a third tall with JOD at CHF?

You pick a team largely based on defensive transition and give up a 141 marks that suggests it’s probably not the players.

The number thing you need to avoid against Melbourne is going long down the line, it happened so often you could have thought it was a plan. Not being direct enough was a huge issue last year and again it was clearly an issue today.

Vandermeer has consistently shown he’s not up to it and unsurprisingly delivered again exactly what you would expect.

Mcneil’s pre season form was shown to be exactly that, he needs to be moved past for good now.

I was baffled before the game how Darcy wasn’t playing, but he mustn’t be ready unlike the quality talls picked ahead of him.

I said in the trade period it made no sense the club didn’t go after Billing’s who filled an exact need and was been given away for nothing.

Daniel showed as soon as he came on how ridiculous that decision was.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back