Autopsy The Good (lol!) The Bad and the Beveridge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe next pre season we can get a practice match against Werribee and Williamstown to have us roaring to go in round one

Tbf they would probably light us up going to today's performance

We cannot say with any confidence I wish the AFL had scheduled us to play West Coast Eagles at Marvel round 1

If you were JUH, why on earth would you resign early in the season?

This is my biggest worry.
The biggest reason I wanted Bevo sacked after the Eagles game was to give us a season under a new coach and give the guys out of contact a chance to see where the club is heading.

My mail on Jamarra is consistent with what has been posted here in that he loves the club, but the big offers elsewhere (Sydney particularly) are very real and he’d be leaving a lot of money on the table to stay with us.

we can’t afford to have another bad year and have him wondering why he should pass up money for a team that under performs again.

season almost over

we need leadership at all levels
in the coaching box
on the field
in the board room

if they don't win next week
nothing will change, the same old excuses will be bantered about by the same people

but because sometime hard love is needed
i will simply stop supporting this current team
until change comes

I'm too old to waste my time on this
we all deserve better.

If you were JUH, why on earth would you resign early in the season?

This is my biggest worry.
I noticed he clutched at his guernsey after kicking both goals as if to say "This is my club and I'm not going anywhere." Or maybe I'm just off the pace and that little gesture means nothing. If he left my passion for the club would plummett.

This is probably the harsh reality we have to face. Several players are either too slow, too small or lack disposal skills. There is unfortunately not a lot you can do with these types even with a shift in tactics. Then we come to the issue of whether we have enough depth to replace them. Not convinced we have.
We've already identified a few that are never going to get better. At the very least we don't want to see them in the team again.
Nah I call bullshit on this, our team was nearly 50% different to the team that played round 1 last year. And yet the result was borderline identical. It doesn’t matter what personal plays, we’re cooked deeper than that

15/16 we had a pretty slow side too didn’t we? But Jesus we played fast sexy footy.

You can have slow side with quick ball speed but you don’t want a fast side that has slow ball speed that makes it frustrating BUT

We manage to have the perfect storm slow side with slow ball speed that makes it impossible to watch

I was excited heading into today, eager to see the new faces, fitness and the effect the new coaches had. Was happy to back in the selections calls as it was sign of change, wasn’t completely worried about the result if that excitement was back (2015 era).

But the performance that was delivered was disgraceful. Some quality individual performances but we’re over individuals showing up instead of the whole team. There was no spark, no energy, and nothing to suggest that any change at all has been implemented.

I think that’s the part I’m struggling to comprehend. With the amount of new players in the side, the new coaches etc, how that performance was the same as previous years.

I guess there is one thing that has remained the same..

All that had to be said is we managed to select a team that was undermanned down back against Melbourne. Seriously probably rhe worst forward line in the league and we gave them an absolute free ride. Like they genuinely would have pissed themselves at how easy we made it for them

Hilarious

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The biggest reason I wanted Bevo sacked after the Eagles game was to give us a season under a new coach and give the guys out of contact a chance to see where the club is heading.

My mail on Jamarra is consistent with what has been posted here in that he loves the club, but the big offers elsewhere (Sydney particularly) are very real and he’d be leaving a lot of money on the table to stay with us.

we can’t afford to have another bad year and have him wondering why he should pass up money for a team that under performs again.

I don’t want to see it but apart of me wonders how insane that Swans team would be with Jamarra.

Tim would be better suited in Lobb’s role (2nd ruck, 3rd KPF)

You don’t pay those players 1 mil though. Tim not being a dominant ruck really kills us against teams like Melbourne.
Grundy at 600-700k would have been a fine investment in hindsight. Great pick up by Sydney. He monstered Gawn last week, has a crack and doesn’t shirk a contest.

On watching a full weekend of footy (yep I know, sad) West Coast, North Melb , Richmond, St Kildas and Hawthorn have all played as losing teams far more impressively than we did.
That's the sad reality of where we are at with this charlatan.
Gold Coast next week is going to be very tough. When have we ever said that? For me it's a 50/50 game. It should be a 90/10 game our way.
Long knives are getting sharpened

Was unable to watch the game today, but after reading through this thread I gather it uh didn't go to plan. Disappointed but not surprised to hear that our gameplan/style hasn't improved at all.

I'll say that I've wanted Bevo gone for at least a couple of years (I'm all for it happening tomorrow lol), but the criticism for picking the likes of McNeil today is a bit unfair. We all complain when players aren't picked on form etc, and he was was fit and in form throughout the preseason.

If he's picked again next week, well that's another thing.

Was unable to watch the game today, but after reading through this thread I gather it uh didn't go to plan. Disappointed but not surprised to hear that our gameplan/style hasn't improved at all.

I'll say that I've wanted Bevo gone for at least a couple of years (I'm all for it happening tomorrow lol), but the criticism for picking the likes of McNeil today is a bit unfair. We all complain when players aren't picked on form etc, and he was was fit and in form throughout the preseason.

If he's picked again next week, well that's another thing.

I think we’re mostly concerned when consistent VFL form goes unrewarded, not preseason training and a couple of practice matches.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back