The HAL Hunter thread: Updated 10/2 - Must pay some costs. Now likely to sue, lodgement likely May.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, we sacked our Dr Bate as soon as the club got wind of his association with Dank.
What did EFC do, give the Dr Reid a life membership.
Do you see the difference.
youve told this rubbish before. Bates was sacked because the public found out about Melbourne's association with Dank AFTER they had assured the AFL and the media that there was nothing to see http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-04-18/text-messages-reveal-danks-demons-involvement/4637954
On February 5, a spokeswoman for Melbourne issued the following brief statement to the Herald Sun newspaper:

"He applied for a job at the club late last year but he was unsuccessful. He has never had any direct contact with the players."

But 7.30 has obtained a series of text messages spanning more than six months between Dank and Melbourne's club doctor, Dan Bates.

The discussions are scientific, detailed, and contradict what Melbourne has publicly said to date.

The messages begin in mid-2012 when Dank offered his services to Bates

They were sprung lying and Bates was the scapegoat

he was an employee but acting on his own. The club need to take responsibility but Danks actions didnt reflect the clubs values

Otherwise the Goldcoast Suns are cheats
My oh my, can't believe you are for real. blinkers or in denial, not sure which. The whole program was endorsed by the club at the time - as somebody else said think your motto was "Whatever it takes".

The efc were reported to hand this over, how long has it taken them to find this? you yourself said it would take 1 phone call.
Coincidence?
What motive would they have for not giving the texts to Hal if they had them? What motive would they have for not giving him his blood test results when his GP could get them in seconds? The logical answer is they didnt have them, so either the AFL handed them over or got Essendon to do it

What motive would they have for not giving the texts to Hal if they had them? What motive would they have for not giving him his blood test results when his GP could get them in seconds? The logical answer is they didnt have them, so either the AFL handed them over or got Essendon to do it
A little program on the abc on monday night maybe sparked their memory hey?
Didn't the AFL already hand over all the documents they had?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the age reported the documents as texts and blood test records. I can see no reason why the club would withhold these from Hal, can you? Texts sound like documents that would come from the investigation, not the club. His blood test result could have been accessed by his family doctor with only a phone call

So how is Hal suppose to know a blood test result is missing from documents he was suppose to be handed by the club to even think about ringing around to obtain it.

Geez you say some daft things

No it does not, it means EFC failed to supervise him and control him. My employer is still responsible for my actions even if I disobey them. They may be be able to sue me for any losses they suffer through my actions but they are responsible in the first instance.

This is what I find particularly poor about the whole "Dank wasn't Essendon, Dank didn't follow instrctions, Dank didn't reflect our values" argument is that it presupposes that the organisation, and it's officers, can some how abrogate their duty of care by delegation, all be it through some pretty vague outlines.

Organisations are responsible by law for the provision of suitable and safe premises, adequate systems of supervision and managing employee recruitment, conduct and performance, amongst other things. These duties are non-delegable, meaning that they cannot be assigned to another party.

Yet this is exactly what this whole 'Dank the Rogue' argument presupposes (and in reality is what has got the club in the poo it's in).

This is what I find particularly poor about the whole "Dank wasn't Essendon, Dank didn't follow instrctions, Dank didn't reflect our values" argument is that it presupposes that the organisation, and it's officers, can some how abrogate their duty of care by delegation, all be it through some pretty vague outlines.

Organisations are responsible by law for the provision of suitable and safe premises, adequate systems of supervision and managing employee recruitment, conduct and performance, amongst other things. These duties are non-delegable, meaning that they cannot be assigned to another party.

Yet this is exactly what this whole 'Dank the Rogue' argument presupposes (and in reality is what has got the club in the poo it's in).
I totally agree the club are liable. But just because Dank is a slimy turd doesnt mean his actions reflect the club's values. I dont for a minute believe the club intended for Dank to give the players banned substances, but it appears that Dank did so. The club have and will pay the price, but this was not their plan IMO

not sure about you but it isnt hard to tell the difference between a blood test and an IM injection into your stomach. Even footballers would know the difference

No crap but to indicate he remembers it from 3 years ago and he knew it was missing and hence should have chased it up himself is laughable

It does reflect the club values.
Turn a blind eye to gain an unfair advantage and then hide and deny , request costs from a player on a discovery case for what the club injected him with, probably not suitable for human use!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back