Food & Drink The Hangar Food Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you notice immediate change after diagnosis? Or a slow gradual lessening of symptom

Gradual change but now basically symptom free. I only had blood test and not biopsy buy changed diet working so sticking with it!

We are basically on a worse than paleo diet atm, in support of my partner, she can't figure out what's wrong so it's an elimination diet.

Atm it's no dairy, grains, seeds, nuts, ....pretty much only meat and root / leafy veg, over the weeks we will slowly add other items til we find the culprit.

Tbh it's not so bad, meat and 3 veg but it will tire quickly no doubt.

We are basically on a worse than paleo diet atm, in support of my partner, she can't figure out what's wrong so it's an elimination diet.

Atm it's no dairy, grains, seeds, nuts, ....pretty much only meat and root / leafy veg, over the weeks we will slowly add other items til we find the culprit.

I feel your pain. Any opportunities for nice work lunches likely?

My partner had some serious digestive issues and went to a regular doctor and naturopath who were both useless. She then went to an ayurveda doctor (Indian medical system) who put her on some herbs and tablets as well as a special tea. She is doing a lot better now. I was super sceptical, but it has worked really well. The ayurveda doctor is based in Northcote, not far from Terra Madre. I can get you details if you would like. Might he worth trying.

Last edited:
My partner had some serious digestive issues and went to a regular doctor and naturopath who were both useless. She then went to an ayurveda doctor (Indian medical system) who put her on some herbs and tablets as well as a special tea. She is doing a lot better now. I was super sceptical, but it has worked really well. The ayurveda doctor is based in Northcote, not far from Terra Madre. I can get you details if you would like. Might he worth trying.

She had a natropath in Eltham diagnose an issue with her stomach lining early doors, apparegtly it lets all the nutrients out before they hit the blood stream (maybe?)

I'll tell her about the ayurveda idea, I reckon she would be keen. Funny we had zero issues when in India for 5 weeks eating masala and drinking teas, maybe tea is the magic bullet?

She had a natropath in Eltham diagnose an issue with her stomach lining early doors, apparegtly it lets all the nutrients out before they hit the blood stream (maybe?)

I'll tell her about the ayurveda idea, I reckon she would be keen. Funny we had zero issues when in India for 5 weeks eating masala and drinking teas, maybe tea is the magic bullet?

Tea is great for so many things. I will chase up the details of the place in Northcote and DM you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was shocked to realise we'd actually had two vegetarian dinners in a row tonight. I thought for a second wow maybe I could actually become a vego. Then I thought about giving up ham, chicken, bacon and seafood and that thought went NTTAWWT. I reckon I could maybe give up red meat though.

I've had nearly 40 years straight of vegetarian dinners. :)

I've had nearly 40 years straight of vegetarian dinners. :)
I'd definitely be open to having more as long as they're not too labour intensive to make.

So far we have spinach and ricotta canneloni, a baked sweet potato filled with tandoori chick peas in coconut cream with coriander, mint and yoghurt and wifey makes these lentil balls which taste a lot like falafel. Great in a wrap or with a salad.

What are some of your favourite vego meals?

i have this dish sometimes - a winter dish, pork belly on a bed of du puy lentils...cant walk for hours after it its so filling..

have the similar dish in summer, pork belly on a bed of pickled cabbage and apple salad.. light as a feather!

the lentils are dead weight.

i cant get enough of dahl though, have it most days

I'd definitely be open to having more as long as they're not too labour intensive to make.

So far we have spinach and ricotta canneloni, a baked sweet potato filled with tandoori chick peas in coconut cream with coriander, mint and yoghurt and wifey makes these lentil balls which taste a lot like falafel. Great in a wrap or with a salad.

What are some of your favourite vego meals?

That actually sounds really nice, and the kind of things I go for.
Last night I had black lentils in a creamy tomato sauce, with couscous and smoky roast tofu.
But that's probably a bit more "exotic" than usual.
I have lots of pasta's, and like to make my own pesto when it's warm enough to grow basil.
My specialty is a vege lasagna, which is really nice, probably because it's a bit of a cheese festival.
The middle layer is ricotta topped with pesto, and on top is a parmesan cheese sauce.

Probably my most used ingredient is olive oil, and loads of it.
The best cooking tip I've heard is that fats and oils are the highway that flavor travels down. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back