The Hangar Gaming Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone got their hands on Cyberpunk?
Yeah I will when I get my PS5 next year. Hopefully by then it'll have had a s**t tonne of patches to clear our the majority of glitches. FWIW: some of the bugs are hilarious to watch if you find them online. Incredible.

Last edited:
I don't think the hype was necessarily too high.
They promised things on current gen systems and sh*t the bed.

Its a combo of both, yes its running like s**t ( or not even running) on last gen, the backlash has been extreme because of the expectations so much that the entire game is considered horrible when its a perfectly fine experience in of itself.

I've also read some complaints on reddit complaining about features that had already been advised that had been removed or pivoted away from. Example of people who simply expected everything.
This isn't the first game that has launched with issues and wont be the last, in a year where covid wrecked the launches of many games I'm surprised so many thought this would be any different. Witcher was exactly the same on launch people seem to forget. It was unplayable due to optimisation issues, it later went on to be many peoples favourite game.

I don't think the hype was necessarily too high.
They promised things on current gen systems and sh*t the bed.
I think the higher ups promised a lot which resulted in a shitload of hype.

But clearly the game wasn't ready.

I think most of the blame has rightfully be put on the higher ups, rather than squarely on the dev team. CDPR's rep has taken quite the hit since TW3. I've never had a ton of interest in this in the first place, since I'm not big into first person stuff, but I def wouldn't touch this on my poxy base PS4.

I think the higher ups promised a lot which resulted in a shitload of hype.

But clearly the game wasn't ready.

What I'm a little surprised about is how much was promised on old technology. Surely they would have had to have realised the processing power just isn't there to run a fully living city like they had promised. People were going in expecting to be able to strike up in depth conversation with every npc and walk into any shop and just buy stuff. With the amount of other stuff that is layered into it these things were never reality, we are simply not there yet.
The number of systems that they have running is still pretty impressive.

The issue becomes with these games, you could spend eternity building them, it had to be released eventually, I maintain that if COVID didn't hit they probably would have been ok from a launch perspective and the game would not be as bug riddled and as such the backlash might not have been so extreme. But management probably committed to this year, they had already pushed it back 3 times, they couldn't afford to do it again.

What I'm a little surprised about is how much was promised on old technology. Surely they would have had to have realised the processing power just isn't there to run a fully living city like they had promised. People were going in expecting to be able to strike up in depth conversation with every npc and walk into any shop and just buy stuff. With the amount of other stuff that is layered into it these things were never reality, we are simply not there yet.
The number of systems that they have running is still pretty impressive.

The issue becomes with these games, you could spend eternity building them, it had to be released eventually, I maintain that if COVID didn't hit they probably would have been ok from a launch perspective and the game would not be as bug riddled and as such the backlash might not have been so extreme. But management probably committed to this year, they had already pushed it back 3 times, they couldn't afford to do it again.
Covid has had an undeniable effect and no doubt CDPR would have been under immense pressure from investors just to finally get it out the door and deal with the fallout and clean up regardless of the state it ships in.

I just want my Elden Ring and Hollow Knight: Silksong, even a crumb of info on either of them. They're like the only 2 games I'm really interested in going forward. Actually, Returnal might make me get a PS5 since it's a Housemarque game and looks ******* awesome.

Covid has had an undeniable effect and no doubt CDPR would have been under immense pressure from investors just to finally get it out the door and deal with the fallout and clean up regardless of the state it ships in.

I just want my Elden Ring and Hollow Knight: Silksong, even a crumb of info on either of them. They're like the only 2 games I'm really interested in going forward. Actually, Returnal might make me get a PS5 since it's a Housemarque game and looks ******* awesome.

Ive been playing through some of the hidden gems on Xbox Gamespass, I dont think I've ever had a better deal in this gaming then this sub (helped that i did a deal where I converted 3 years of gold into 3 years of Gamespass for $1). Some of the small indie type games are great fun.

Elden ring Who knows when, but that is definitely on the radar. I was impressed by some of the Xbox stuff that got announced earlier in the year, new fable game, Avowed by obsidian are probably the two standouts. I might even try out Outriders for a loot game fix.

Ive been playing through some of the hidden gems on Xbox Gamespass, I dont think I've ever had a better deal in this gaming then this sub (helped that i did a deal where I converted 3 years of gold into 3 years of Gamespass for $1). Some of the small indie type games are great fun.

Elden ring Who knows when, but that is definitely on the radar. I was impressed by some of the Xbox stuff that got announced earlier in the year, new fable game, Avowed by obsidian are probably the two standouts. I might even try out Outriders for a loot game fix.
Yeah, I mostly play indies these days since more and more it seems like AAA games don't really tickle my fancy. There's just so many awesome indie games out there and at a great price.

I watched some YouTube the other night of upcoming games and was pretty impressed with some of them. Only ones I remember now though are odyssey elite and evil dead.. oh yeah and the left for dead sequel.
Bruce Campbel style Evil dead or generic zombie style?

The EA games has some good free stuff as well. TitanFall 2, various StarWars, games etc. I signed up so that we could download more content onto Star Wars Battlefront. A bunch of older games but worth having a look at. I was surprised at the quality of games that you can pick up for free with the pass.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

probably a bit late to the party here but man, ive never been more immersed in a game than red dead redemption two - just everything about it, the huge world, the characters, the interplay, the story, the mechanics, they way it makes you feel like you are just free balling at all times yet are still playing the story - im fully invested in arthurs story and the gang ect. its even cathartic and relaxing just going for a hunt, or fishing, or even just going for a ride in the hills spotting stuff.

i know online is a bit dead but wioth mates it can be fun roaming about pillaging stuff and chatting real time - i hope they dont let it die tho, has so much potential

Finished Tears of the Kingdom. Lots to like although it still doesn’t feel like Zelda to me but if you put that aside the exploration is cool and mechanics are really fun.

Nintendo did well to do so much with the Switch.

I think this is a game that would visually really benefit from a powerful machine and ray tracing - the Switch’s visual effects such as mist and particles just feel like a layer in front of the camera rather than having any depth and I found it a bit off-putting. Maybe next gen they’ll do an UHD/60FPS remaster with said effects in place; that would be amazing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back