Politics The Hangar Politics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Harris is now seen as “unviable” in terms of the Presidency. Otherwise she’d be running and Joe would doing whatever Joe does when not in charge of the free world.

I did see one guy…..Dean Phillips I think was his name? He’s A Democrat and basically seems to be running out of pure frustration that his party seems committed to serving up Biden against Trump.
Harris is a fascinating case. Great on the campaign trail and smoked Pence.

But once that was over has been found wanting.

Harris is a fascinating case. Great on the campaign trail and smoked Pence.

But once that was over has been found wanting.
She can construct a word salad that’s for sure. Consensus seems to be that she’s just a poor communicator rather than incompetent.

That said…..she was given responsibility for the Southern border….fair to say she hasn’t nailed that one.

Last time he was in they at least had Pence to count the electoral college votes correctly. If he had one of his MAGA nuffies as VP they would have counted the fake electors and it would have been a real shemozzle. Mind blowing that 140+ GOP politicians voted against ratifying the Biden victory even after the Jan 6 riots and with zero actual evidence of electoral fraud 🤯

Last time he was in they at least had Pence to count the electoral college votes correctly. If he had one of his MAGA nuffies as VP they would have counted the fake electors and it would have been a real shemozzle. Mind blowing that 140+ GOP politicians voted against ratifying the Biden victory even after the Jan 6 riots and with zero actual evidence of electoral fraud 🤯
Nuffies gonna nuff

Anyone watching Nemesis on ABC/iView??

Spoiler alert…Morrison is not coming out of it well 😆 and Tones was too scared to be interviewed by the ABC
I've found it interesting, but once again I feel the ABC are deliberately missing an opportunity to actually be balanced by doing the same for the Rudd and Gillard governments.

I've found it interesting, but once again I feel the ABC are deliberately missing an opportunity to actually be balanced by doing the same for the Rudd and Gillard governments.
I think they have done it for each government for the last 30 years.
Abbott was the first PM who refused to be interviewed in that time.
The Rudd-Gillard-Rudd version was called The Killing Fields and is available on iView.

Anyone watching Nemesis on ABC/iView??

Spoiler alert…Morrison is not coming out of it well 😆 and Tones was too scared to be interviewed by the ABC
Tony was smart not joining. Nothing to gain, plenty to lose. Malcolm was the opposite

The Rudd-Gillard-Rudd version was called The Killing Fields and is available on iView.
Ah right, I didn't know they'd done it for them. I retract my statement. Ta.

Abbott has been one of the few to be shafted by his own party and pretty much stay in the background. He has not jumped into many issues. Unlike Turnbull who runs his mouth off at every opportunity.
I think that it shows how average they are on both sides and to be honest we get what we pay for. Politics is made up of self import w***ers .

Abbott has been one of the few to be shafted by his own party and pretty much stay in the background. He has not jumped into many issues. Unlike Turnbull who runs his mouth off at every opportunity.
I think that it shows how average they are on both sides and to be honest we get what we pay for. Politics is made up of self import w***ers .
Not sure if serious Ant.

Abbott agitated behind the scenes against Turnbull from the minute he was deposed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I presume Ant meant speaking out in public about policy issues, rather than internal party politics (both are problematic)
I don’t think the distinction really matters in this context. Indeed I’d argue being a sneaky internal wrecker is probably worse.

Not sure if serious Ant.

Abbott agitated behind the scenes against Turnbull from the minute he was deposed.
Not publicly. Which was my point compared to Turnbull who is still going .

Not publicly. Which was my point compared to Turnbull who is still going .
See above - I don’t really think it’s especially important if it’s public or not. A wrecker is still a wrecker, public or not.

Gillard is the closest thing to lack of wrecking, public or in-house, we’ve had in recent times among ex-PMs once they’ve left the building.

See above - I don’t really think it’s especially important if it’s public or not. A wrecker is still a wrecker, public or not.

Gillard is the closest thing to lack of wrecking, public or in-house, we’ve had in recent times among ex-PMs once they’ve left the building.
It goes on in the background all the time. I can guarantee you that Bill Shorten has his knives well sharpened as did Rudd . I just think it is better when they do not make a public spectacle about it which Turnbull has continued to do. Abbott eased off once ScoMo got the gig as did Andrew Bolt who was Abbotts public attack dog.

And yes Julia has actually been the bench mark at walking away with a bit of dignity.

Isn't Turnbull just realising he was on the wrong team the entire time?
Think he was a Labor member at one stage during his uni days.
Not that Labor is really his team either. He’s the kind of small-L liberal that now inhabits the colour teal
If you believe some reports he tried to defect to Labor in the mid 1990's .

The way I understand it is Turnbull just picked the party he thought he could be most successful with at the time. He was only ever about him not things like ideology.
Turnbull is a lot like Malcolm Fraser.

Free-market capitalists with a social conscious.

It's very hard to balance those two things, hence why they appear to be in the middle.

The people who use the word "woke" on the right think they (Turnbull and Fraser) are massive lefties and have no place on the right.

Self-declared marxists on the left think they are crazed neo-capitalists who have no place on the left.

It's where the whole left-right divide is going to break down. The teals have left the Libs who are now a greater proportion or religious nutbags who say "woke".

With the ALP, the party still hasn't worked out how to split up and try to fence-sit on social and financial policies such that they do relatively little. Still happy to take oil/gas/coal money and support big polluting capitalists and tinker round the edges on most things and then lack conviction when they do try something in social justice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back