Politics The Hangar Politics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyway….I don’t particularly think Israel are the good guys here. Maybe the slightly better guys….Everyone wants a this side is right, this side is wrong narrative but it doesn’t exist here.

But here’s the conundrum….Hamas raid your country and rape women, murder babies, take hostages etc and then retreat to the most densely populated place in the world daring you to come get them and knowing (but not caring) that it’s people will be collateral damage? What do you do if you are Israel? Let it go? You can’t but then you get this…and this is horrific.

I genuinely don’t know the answer.

Anyway….I don’t particularly think Israel are the good guys here. Maybe the slightly better guys….Everyone wants a this side is right, this side is wrong narrative but it doesn’t exist here.

But here’s the conundrum….Hamas raid your country and rape women, murder babies, take hostages etc and then retreat to the most densely populated place in the world daring you to come get them and knowing (but not caring) that it’s people will be collateral damage? What do you do if you are Israel? Let it go? You can’t but then you get this…and this is horrific.

I genuinely don’t know the answer.

Well, the cynic in me can't really grasp the idea that the much vaunted IDF, the most technically advanced army in the region with its foot literally on the throat of Gaza had zero idea of said impending attack, looking through that prism they've either let it happen to give reason for retribution err I mean defending themselves or worse. Look at the propaganda intel they are dishing out daily, detailed images of subterranean strongholds ect, but they couldn't see that hamfisted attack brewing or happening?

And the constant photos and videos of the atrocities, isn't the attack and hostage grab enough on its own? Why the need for further justification to take an eye for an eye? It dosent pass the pub test for me

Well, the cynic in me can't really grasp the idea that the much vaunted IDF, the most technically advanced army in the region with its foot literally on the throat of Gaza had zero idea of said impending attack, looking through that prism they've either let it happen to give reason for retribution err I mean defending themselves or worse. Look at the propaganda intel they are dishing out daily, detailed images of subterranean strongholds ect, but they couldn't see that hamfisted attack brewing or happening?

And the constant photos and videos of the atrocities, isn't the attack and hostage grab enough on its own? Why the need for further justification to take an eye for an eye? It dosent pass the pub test for me
I agree - it beggars belief that the IDF missed it. But don’t undersell the level of atrocity either….calling it hamfisted really diminishes that scale and brutality of what Hamas did. If what has been reported is true then it’s genuine evil.

It’s a PR war being fought by both sides. Israel’s perspective would be that it cannot let what happened in Israel be overshadowed by what is happening in Gaza.

That’s the easy part - what you don’t do.

The hard part is grappling with what you do instead.
I'm not the right person to answer that. I'm a simpleton that doesn't agree with any form of war, whilst accepting that humans are incapable of functioning without it.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trump……republican nomination seems inevitable now. Hard to see him not regaining the Presidency at this point.

Americans have certainly proven to be stupid enough.

Hard to believe someone currently being prosecuted for however many charges it is can even run but here we are.
Yeah, winning in 2016 despite the sexual assault allegations and his "grab them by the ...." recording was horrific.

Nothing surprises me about that shithole of a country anymore.

300 million people and they mange to put these two forward for the most important job in the world. It’s extraordinary.
Is it still assumed that if Biden wins Harris will inherit it before his term is up?

I can kind of understand the democrats backing the incumbent, as it would be rather unusual not to, but you’d think he’d retire and save them having to consider their options, unless something else is in play

Well the other guy is 800 years old and can not remember what he is saying so the field is pretty much Manangatang Maiden class.
They make our plonkers look good.

“We’re going to place strong protections to stop banks and regulators from trying to debank you from your… you know, your political beliefs, what they do.
They want to debank you and we’re going to debank…
Think of this, they want to take away your rights. They want to take away your country. All the things they’re doing. All electric cars.”

Donal Trump 17/01/24

“We’re going to place strong protections to stop banks and regulators from trying to debank you from your… you know, your political beliefs, what they do.
They want to debank you and we’re going to debank…
Think of this, they want to take away your rights. They want to take away your country. All the things they’re doing. All electric cars.”

Donal Trump 17/01/24
They should just elect ChatGPT president and call it a day. At least it strings together competent sentences more often than not….

Is it still assumed that if Biden wins Harris will inherit it before his term is up?

I can kind of understand the democrats backing the incumbent, as it would be rather unusual not to, but you’d think he’d retire and save them having to consider their options, unless something else is in play
I think Harris is now seen as “unviable” in terms of the Presidency. Otherwise she’d be running and Joe would doing whatever Joe does when not in charge of the free world.

I did see one guy…..Dean Phillips I think was his name? He’s A Democrat and basically seems to be running out of pure frustration that his party seems committed to serving up Biden against Trump.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back