Politics The Hangar Politics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not saying Hamas aren't evil, but Israel aren't exactly innocent in all of this either.

This, Israel aren't an innocent party in this, they're quite happy to commit appalling acts of their own.

It's a much more complex situation than good Israel vs bad Hamas.
Agree .
Plenty of people just trying to get on with their lives as peacefully as possible caught in the cross fire .

What's happening in Gaza right now is 100% a religious war. Hamas want Jihad, Israel (the state) want Muslims wiped.

I think the difference is that Israel would be happy to keep to itself if its neighbours were peaceful. It's able to coexist quite peacefully with its other neighbours with Islamic leanings like Egypt and Jordan. Hamas will always want Israel's destruction and I highly doubt would even tolerate Jews living in the Islamic state they want to set up. This is not equivalent.

I definitely do not agree with all of their actions, especially where civilians are being killed (I've also been strongly opposed to the setting up of settlements on the wrong side of recognised borders), but apart from packing up (and going where?!) I'm not sure what Israel is really meant to do now. Lift the blockade on a terrorist state that is open about wanting their destruction and that just committed one of the most horrific terrorist attacks on civilians? There's no peaceful solution while Hamas is in power IMO.

I think the difference is that Israel would be happy to keep to itself if its neighbours were peaceful. It's able to coexist quite peacefully with its other neighbours with Islamic leanings like Egypt and Jordan. Hamas will always want Israel's destruction and I highly doubt would even tolerate Jews living in the Islamic state they want to set up. This is not equivalent.

I definitely do not agree with all of their actions, especially where civilians are being killed (I've also been strongly opposed to the setting up of settlements on the wrong side of recognised borders), but apart from packing up (and going where?!) I'm not sure what Israel is really meant to do now. Lift the blockade on a terrorist state that is open about wanting their destruction and that just committed one of the most horrific terrorist attacks on civilians? There's no peaceful solution while Hamas is in power IMO.
Yeah I don’t think that’s quite right man.

Israel believe they have religious ties to that land. That’s the difference between Gaza and surrounding countries. Go watch some YouTube videos on Zionism to at least dip your toes into a situation that has no peaceful end. Palestine wasn’t always ruled by Hamas.

but apart from packing up (and going where?!)
They have been going where they like so far

e0c8ff626d663176add2da223dcdb382.gif

Israel believe they have religious ties to that land. That’s the difference between Gaza and surrounding countries. Go watch some YouTube videos on Zionism to at least dip your toes into a situation that has no peaceful end. Palestine wasn’t always ruled by Hamas.

I have studied it quite a bit and I don't like the more radical Zionist agendas.

What I'm trying to understand is what do people expect will lead to a solution now as I don't see any point going into what could or should have been done historically. In my 20s I was very pro-Palestine as I was sympathetic to their people losing land (and still am sympathetic on this front, as well the civilian casualties of course). Now I personally just don't see any hope for anything beyond temporary cease fires now while Hamas is in power, given their stated goals. I fully recognise that even with more moderate leadership of Palestine that Israel would need to come to the party by being more moderate themselves and removing blockades and pulling back on settlements.

I have studied it quite a bit and I don't like the more radical Zionist agendas.

What I'm trying to understand is what do people expect will lead to a solution now as I don't see any point going into what could or should have been done historically. In my 20s I was very pro-Palestine as I was sympathetic to their people losing land (and still am sympathetic on this front, as well the civilian casualties of course). Now I personally just don't see any hope for anything beyond temporary cease fires now while Hamas is in power, given their stated goals. I fully recognise that even with more moderate leadership of Palestine that Israel would need to come to the party by being more moderate themselves and removing blockades and pulling back on settlements.
I get you. I don't see a solution either. Israel will finish the job.

Thoughts and prayers as that broken down 3rd world country parading as the land of the free suffers yet another mass shooting.

Think it’s 100% right….there are something like 2 million Arabs who live in Israel as full citizens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was being sarcastic. Arabic citizens existing in Israel means nothing. Ask any Zionist.
No - it means Israeli society has a level of tolerance not seen in the Arab world (which no longer contains meaningful Jewish populations).

It’s not everything, but it’s not nothing.

Coexisting in the west bank, or Judea and Samaria as the Zionists call it consists of illegal settlers shooting Palestinians with government supplied weapons as far as I can tell
Is this an issue, yes it is.

Does it define Israeli society in totality? No it doesn’t. Same as Hamas murdering babies doesn’t entirely define the Palestinian people.

No - it means Israeli society has a level of tolerance not seen in the Arab world (which no longer contains meaningful Jewish populations).

It’s not everything, but it’s not nothing.
1. That's incorrect, the Jewish population in Iran are going just fine.

2. Which Arab country has slowly eroded borders a former Jewish settlement?

The situation in Israel is unique. To ignore the history of the Palestinians welcoming displaced Jews after WW2 is just strange when you are trying to argue that one side wants to coexist more than the other.

1. That's incorrect, the Jewish population in Iran are going just fine.

2. Which Arab country has slowly eroded borders a former Jewish settlement?

The situation in Israel is unique. To ignore the history of the Palestinians welcoming displaced Jews after WW2 is just strange when you are trying to argue that one side wants to coexist more than the other.
It’s not incorrect. Two things:
1) Iran is not an Arab country; and
2) I wouldn’t say its Jewish population is doing fine. It is massively diminished with the vast majority having moved to Israel.

Sorry, I don’t follow your second point. Some words missing I suspect.

It’s not incorrect. Two things:
1) Iran is not an Arab country; and
2) I wouldn’t say its Jewish population is doing fine. It is massively diminished with the vast majority having moved to Israel.

Sorry, I don’t follow your second point. Some words missing I suspect.
Israel has continually pushed into Palestinian territory and displaced thousands of Arabs in favour of Jewish settlers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back