Podcast The Hooligan Report - S2E24 Chris Bears the Brunt for a Poor Performance

Remove this Banner Ad

SM is joined by Cooksen and Bojan KantKick to delve into a busy period of football matches, with the last set of Premier League games to discuss, as well as the recent Europa and Champions League results, and the weekend's FA Cup games. The panel also look ahead to Manchester United's FA Cup game, the League Cup Final, and the coming set of Premier League fixtures. Can Spurs win the title? Are Villa done for? Can Liverpool win the League Cup? And what needs to change at Manchester United?

Audio Link

The Hooligan Report Wants YOU!

Want to add your voice to the podcast? Offer your opinion on the beautiful game? PM SM to express your interest for joining the crew! All you need is a mic, about an hour of your time on any given night - we change each week! - and some cursory knowledge of the great game.

If you're good with design, feel free to submit an image for the podcast to use for the podcast!

Want to let everyone know why you support the team you do? Want to let everyone in on why your team is the best in the League? Tell us about it! PM SM or any of the crew and we'll get you on to interview you about your passion for your side.

For Those on iTunes

Subscribe in iTunes HERE!

Archives

Season 1 HERE

- The Hooligan Report S02E01 - Looney's Tunes and Cruyff's Accents Audio Link Youtube Link
- The Hooligan Report S02E02 - Looney's Tunes and Cruyff's Accents Audio Link Youtube Link
- The Hooligan Report S02E03 - Stoke's Champions League Winners Audio Link Youtube Link
- The Hooligan Report S02E04 - Harry Kane Loves Rock Climbing Audio Link Youtube Link
- The Hooligan Report S02E05 - Bow Down Minnows, Leicester Are Top 2! Audio Link Youtube Link
- The Hooligan Report S02E06 - Brendan Rodgers Presents History of the World
Audio Link Youtube Link
- The Hooligan Report S02E07 - SM & Bojan Chat Martial Matters Audio Link Youtube Link
- The Hooligan Report S02E08 - Ranieri's Waiting in the Wings for Chelsea Audio Link Youtube Link
- The Hooligan Report S02E09 - Please Save Brendan Audio Link Youtube Link
- The Hooligan Report S02E10 - Jamie "Mr England" Vardy to Solve United's Woes? Audio Link Youtube Link
- The Hooligan Report S02E11 - FourNaldum to the Rescue! Audio Link Youtube Link
- The Hooligan Report S02E12 - Jamie Vardy: From Fallon D'Floor to Ballon D'or! Audio Link Youtube Link
- The Hooligan Report S02E13 - Hull are on FIRE call the FRYER TRUCK! Audio Link Youtube Link
- The Hooligan Report S02E14 - 50 Down - Now Off on a Trip to Paris! Audio Link Youtube Link
- The Hooligan Report S02E15 - Should Kramaric Have Moved to a Smaller Club - Like Chelsea? Audio Link Youtube Link
- The Hooligan Report S02E16 - Another Fake Result Audio Link Youtube Link
- The Hooligan Report S02E17 - Upsets Galore as United Scrape a Draw with West Ham Audio Link Youtube Link
- The Hooligan Report S02E18 - Golden Boy Can't Save Louis van Gone Audio Link Youtube Link
- The Hooligan Report S02E19 - Liverpool Wary of Beachballs Audio Link Youtube Link
- The Hooligan Report S02E20 - Bojan Melts Hard Audio Link Youtube Link
- The Hooligan Report S02E21 - Juan Mata Bed Spreads Audio Link Youtube Link
- The Hooligan Report S02E22 - Andros "The 10.01m Man" Townsend Audio Link Youtube Link
- The Hooligan Report S02E23 - United To Win The League? Audio Link Youtube Link
- The Hooligan Report S02E24 - Chris Bears the Brunt for a Poor Performance Audio Link Youtube Link

**** you Bojan KantKick had taken a sip of my drink just as you asked the question "do they have a half decent side". **** you mate sprayed the wall :D

Wait which question? Haha.

Liverpool sending a half decent side away in the hope of playing kids for the home tie. Now have to play a half decent side again.

Hahaha that was great.

I thought I got a few good pops in about United.

"Leicester struggle against the smaller sides. Like, you'll see them go to Man City and put in a performance like they did, but then against some of the minnows they seem to struggle."

"Is that why they only drew 1-1 with United?"

(Comment I had before)

Leicester have not been in good form lately...

3-1 v City
2-0 v Liverpool
3-0 v Stoke

Would like to see us at full swing. That would be awesome. (I will admit we were drawing against Villa and Bournemouth before that, as well as running away with a 1-0 win over Spurs).

The smaller clubs will be an interesting challenge, yes, but thanks to our newfound competence in set piece attacking, we have a tool to open up the game.

(Comment I had before)

3-1 v City
2-0 v Liverpool
3-0 v Stoke

Would like to see us at full swing. That would be awesome. (I will admit we were drawing against Villa and Bournemouth before that, as well as running away with a 1-0 win over Spurs).

The smaller clubs will be an interesting challenge, yes, but thanks to our newfound competence in set piece attacking, we have a tool to open up the game.

I did try to point that out to Bojan but only mentioned the City result because I didn't want to embarrass him too much.

I did try to point that out to Bojan but only mentioned the City result because I didn't want to embarrass him too much.

The power was definitely in your hands alright. Just ripping into United when the slightest opening was made available. Even more so after your draw against Arsenal.

(Comment I had before)

3-1 v City
2-0 v Liverpool
3-0 v Stoke

anyone can beat Pool mate. The City result was good tho. I think you were better earlier this season. Not saying you aren't playing well now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

anyone can beat Pool mate. The City result was good tho. I think you were better earlier this season. Not saying you aren't playing well now.

I'll agree that Newcastle and Swansea were by far our most comfortable wins, but I also think the degree of difficulty in regards to opposition must be considered. I felt pretty comfortable against Stoke and once we went 2-0 up against City, and I'd say they were far tougher games. I also feel we have learnt more and can use it to our advantage since then.

Heck, against Arsenal we looked like we were further growing into the game until the Simpson red card. If there is a major thing to take out of the Arsenal game, it's the fact that we know that we can dish it to anyone.

I get the feeling we're in for some ugly games (Norwich, West Brom, Watford this week), but the important thing is to play to our strengths and get those wins.

Are we the benchmark though?

At this point in time, yes. Man City are a little plagued by internal issues and Spurs haven't quite done enough yet. Combined with the fact that you taught us a footballing lesson the last time round, and your team is nearly back to full strength, and I would call you the favourites, or the benchmark if you must.

No matter, we did get wins against Spurs and City at least.

Could be a different story in a fortnight's time.

"The way Arsenal go is they beat the leaders and lose to the minnows - so they'll lose to you guys." - SM

"Somehow we'll pull a victory out of this despite all the signs pointing to an Arsenal win." - Cooksen

"We'll roll them 3-0." - Bojan

:D

"The way Arsenal go is they beat the leaders and lose to the minnows - so they'll lose to you guys." - SM

"Somehow we'll pull a victory out of this despite all the signs pointing to an Arsenal win." - Cooksen

"We'll roll them 3-0." - Bojan

:D
While we're re-hashing predictions. Bojan can go EAD. Tipping a Swansea upset :D

i was close mate. you almost spursed it up as i predicted
The score line certainly indicates that.

Reality is that Fabianski turned into the second coming of Buffon!

Apart from that it was a similar performance to most of the recent games we've played.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back