Portfolio The Ideal AFL By Fizzler

Port Adelaide Power
Port Adelaide.png

I love the Bars, so I couldn't just not bring them back here. Perhaps the biggest change is turning them into six bars rather than two sets of three bars which is a result of recreating the design seen on lace up jumpers. I've basically ditched teal for the most part outside of the logo and kept the teal clash rather than reverting to white. Basically just getting Port in something as pre-AFL-centric as possible without not being the power, hence why the chevrons survive. Very biased designs here but as a Port fan I love it. How are we feeling fellow Port fans?
Also follow up confession, Richmond and St Kilda are the only two teams I haven't done and they're the next two up. Should I wait till I finish them to recommence or do I post the teams that are finished. Let me know please :)

Oct 8, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania
Port Adelaide Power
View attachment 1109864
I love the Bars, so I couldn't just not bring them back here. Perhaps the biggest change is turning them into six bars rather than two sets of three bars which is a result of recreating the design seen on lace up jumpers. I've basically ditched teal for the most part outside of the logo and kept the teal clash rather than reverting to white. Basically just getting Port in something as pre-AFL-centric as possible without not being the power, hence why the chevrons survive. Very biased designs here but as a Port fan I love it. How are we feeling fellow Port fans?
Also follow up confession, Richmond and St Kilda are the only two teams I haven't done and they're the next two up. Should I wait till I finish them to recommence or do I post the teams that are finished. Let me know please :)
The home jumper here clashes with both of Collingwood's jumpers. Whilst I like the prison bars, you're definitely being very biased with other teams having to change up their kits to meet the light/dark criteria and Port not having to follow the same rules. Back probably needs to lose the white number panel and the pylons on the front maybe thinner?

Avoiding clashes in the AFL isn't black and white ;)

Oct 8, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania
Fremantle Dockers
View attachment 1103730
I really love how Fremantle moved to a simpler palette of just purple and white, but I can't help but lament the loss of the anchor, it was really a nice unique design element and the old purple haze kit they wore was my favourite Freo kit ever, so naturally I brought it back here. Simple stuff but it looks solid. I did redraw the anchor to be a little bit sharper, particularly on the fluke (the part that sticks inwards) which hopefully makes it appear just the little bit sleeker and more modern.
Purple haze is definitely the best Freo kit. So uniquely them. I don't think the club likes it though sadly :( They see the anchor as "weighing them down".

Zac_Barker

Senior List
Jan 14, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Port Adelaide Power
View attachment 1109864
Where is ur iconic teal? Lmao atleast put a teal stripes top of the WhUte Horizontal Stripe of the Bars. Cmon embrace the Teal #dealtheteal

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Could certain teams (or all teams) have a third jumper for instances where the dark and light dont work in matchups?
Im specifically thinking here of a teal chevron v away to collingwood in this hypothetical world.
Would mean more money for clubs and hopefully some unique designs

The home jumper here clashes with both of Collingwood's jumpers. Whilst I like the prison bars, you're definitely being very biased with other teams having to change up their kits to meet the light/dark criteria and Port not having to follow the same rules. Back probably needs to lose the white number panel and the pylons on the front maybe thinner?

Ideally I'd drop the panel too but I know other Port fans much prefer having it, I still think it's dark enough to contrast against most teams' light kits though given the other colour is black.
Where is ur iconic teal? Lmao atleast put a teal stripes top of the WhUte Horizontal Stripe of the Bars. Cmon embrace the Teal #dealtheteal
You been wearing teal for over 20 years and you’re complaining now about ur own colour? Pathetic
Bad takes. Need I remind you this is also my ideal AFL? When it comes to my team I reckon I'm in tune with what I and many other Port fans want. Teal is best in small doses but I'm not a fan of bringing back the bars if they're not in an unaltered state, and that means ANY other colours.
Could certain teams (or all teams) have a third jumper for instances where the dark and light dont work in matchups?
Im specifically thinking here of a teal chevron v away to collingwood in this hypothetical world.
An important thing to note is the deliberate use of the terms light and dark instead of home and away. The icon next to the text with the home or the plane is simply to note which is preferred for home, but not always used. Despite Port having the dark as the preferred home and Collingwood having the light as the preferred home, I think Collingwood would wear their dark kit and Port would wear their light kit regardless of who is the home team.

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken

Realistically Collingwood should look at a clash jumper in this ideal portfolio then

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
The whole idea of this portfolio is that each team has a light and dark strip. Port can't have a strip that goes half way if no one else does.
Tbh I don’t understand the grey kit at all, can this jersey be changed to a white kit with a teal and black v to satisfy the masses?

They wore it about 10 years ago

1619268550563.gif

The whole idea of this portfolio is that each team has a light and dark strip. Port can't have a strip that goes half way if no one else does.
Except it's not halfway, it's predominately black. There are teams that I've posted that don't have black in their colour scheme and their dark kits are lighter than the PBs, it's perfectly fine.
Tbh I don’t understand the grey kit at all, can this jersey be changed to a white kit with a teal and black v to satisfy the masses?

They wore it about 10 years ago

View attachment 1110811
In my ideal AFL I guess we just don't wear teal in the designs, grey is far superior to teal imo and is what I'd like to see us wear.

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
Except it's not halfway, it's predominately black. There are teams that I've posted that don't have black in their colour scheme and their dark kits are lighter than the PBs, it's perfectly fine.

In my ideal AFL I guess we just don't wear teal in the designs, grey is far superior to teal imo and is what I'd like to see us wear.
Yeah fair enough, my thought behind the white with the teal does relate back to the 04 cup and the colours are little better than the grey imo, but all these people seem to have issues with whatever you post anyway

jle101

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Williamstown Seagulls
Personally I'm a big fan of the grey PA jumpers. They look almost as intimidating as the old bars & I also think they pop nicely on TV.

Huey39

Rookie
Jun 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Storm
Overall a pretty good effort and the principles are sound, my changes
Port - get rid of the number panel on the dark strip, hard to call it dark when half the back is a large white square
Carlton - change the white shorts to navy, the baby blue will create enough variation and the navy blue shorts contrasting would look sharp

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Port Adelaide Power
View attachment 1109864

TBH I don’t think there’s a real dark / light contrast here. Probably need to make the “light” kit white rather than grey.

Back