PS5 The Last of Us Part 1 - rebuilt from the ground up for PS5 and PC - 2 September

Remove this Banner Ad

My review if anyone is interested:

ps.gif

The game keeps trying to tell me to waste a shiv on clickers. i just find a brick and bash the campaigners head in. Im not wasting shivs on them when i know i need to save them for doors.

This should have been released with Factions. I'd have bought it for sure then... Factions was awesome.

Waiting for it to be a bit cheaper since I have other games to play. It does look nice though.
I think factions is going to be free 2 play. and wont be out till next year.

They would of wanted this out before the HBO show early next year. and given God of War in November no point holding it till the holiday season.
IIRC this was the original date God of War was given internally

Factions 2 or whatever it's going to be called has obviously grown massively in scope that it needs to be its own thing rather than be tacked on to another game. Very excited to see what exactly it is, especially now they've said it's got a story.

looking at the trophy list they have made it far too easy to get the platinum. Difficulty and NG+ ones removed [PS3 and 4 needed Survivor and Survivor+]. Max out all abilities from supplements also gone. you only need to fully upgrade 1 weapon now and not all of them.

There are a few new ones added.

I love the update to the workbench. like part 2 where you see the upgrades being done. but when you pick up new workbench tools they are actually tools now. L1 was a file, 2 was pliers, its not just a box with a bunch of wires and tools anymore, you pick up the item. and when upgrading weapons you can see them in the kid Joel uses to upgrade them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep looks good Neil Druckmann is a producer on the show he'll make sure it stays close to the games.

When they first announced Pedro Pascal as Joel i didn't buy it but after seeing him speak in that little teaser he sounde exactly like him
which surprised me.

Not sure about the actress playing Ellie tho.

Troy Baker (Joel) his thoughts on the show.

My only real worry about the show, is that they'll get through too much in the first season.

I'd love for them to drag it out a bit more, really expand and explore some side stuff a lot more. Or just the general story more in-depth than the game could as well.

The first game, shouldn't take a single season. You'd hope it could go at least 2+.

I don't think I'd be ready for what the second game representation would be yet...

My only real worry about the show, is that they'll get through too much in the first season.

I'd love for them to drag it out a bit more, really expand and explore some side stuff a lot more. Or just the general story more in-depth than the game could as well.

The first game, shouldn't take a single season. You'd hope it could go at least 2+.

I don't think I'd be ready for what the second game representation would be yet...

INB4 the show jumps the shark and casts Ronda Rousey as Abby.

Got the platinum last night.

As for the show i think we can see from the trailer that it covers most if not all of the first game since you see Joel calming Ellie with blood on her face [Which seems to be end of winter after she kills David] and flashbacks from Left behind is shown in the trailer.

Because I've played this game about twice already I'm going to have to wait till its around 50 or less for me to buy it again.

I know it's rebuilt and I love the game, but yeah I can't justify the money at the moment.

Because I've played this game about twice already I'm going to have to wait till its around 50 or less for me to buy it again.

I know it's rebuilt and I love the game, but yeah I can't justify the money at the moment.
Good point. I have a few games to trade in so hopefully EB Games will price match.

Good point. I have a few games to trade in so hopefully EB Games will price match.

They will if its an in store price. I tried that with soul hackers 2 and big w but they wouldn't do it because it was an online only price.

I ended up getting this with a JB voucher I had. Do not regret it at all. It really is a beautiful game and the best story in a game I have played.

My first play through was 7 years ago and since then I have had two daughters so the story really hits home now as a Dad.

I had only ever played through once the remaster version so might be a bit much for those who have already done it twice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back