Remove this Banner Ad

morell

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2006
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,25454413-5006822,00.html

Has anyone else tried it?

I had a crack last night, now, I love hot foods, never not been able to finish something off but this burger was something else.

My first bite resulted in a tingling "pins and needles" type sensation throughout my face. After a while I struggled to speak, then I started sweating profusely and feeling light headed.

Got about 3/4 of the way through and had to stop.

haha, funny stuff. I love chili and spicy food but dont think ill be trying that. I imagine it will burn equally coming back out. I value my colon too much.

haha, funny stuff. I love chili and spicy food but dont think ill be trying that. I imagine it will burn equally coming back out. I value my colon too much.
Interestingly it hurt a fair bit this morning just to do #1's. Quite a unique sensation having capsaicin in ones urine.

Got through it with the aid of several Pale Ales, but it was nasty the following morning!

Great one to pull on unsuspecting friends though:thumbsu:

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,25454413-5006822,00.html

Has anyone else tried it?

I had a crack last night, now, I love hot foods, never not been able to finish something off but this burger was something else.

My first bite resulted in a tingling "pins and needles" type sensation throughout my face. After a while I struggled to speak, then I started sweating profusely and feeling light headed.

Got about 3/4 of the way through and had to stop.
My wife, a friend of hers over from Melbourne and I went out to the Maid last night. He's a hot food fan as well, so we split a Mega Death Burger (with ordering another main as I didn't expect to get through that much).

I managed to finish my half (and afterwards looked like I'd been punched in the mouth), though he didn't. I agree with the feeling light headed and sweating profusely. Add in clearing the sinuses. I took a just washed and dry hankie, by the end of the half of it it was soaked like I'd had a bad cold for a week and only used it. Not planning to rush to order one on my own and finish it - except may next winter if I get a really bad cold :p

My wife, a friend of hers over from Melbourne and I went out to the Maid last night. He's a hot food fan as well, so we split a Mega Death Burger (with ordering another main as I didn't expect to get through that much).

I managed to finish my half (and afterwards looked like I'd been punched in the mouth), though he didn't. I agree with the feeling light headed and sweating profusely. Add in clearing the sinuses. I took a just washed and dry hankie, by the end of the half of it it was soaked like I'd had a bad cold for a week and only used it. Not planning to rush to order one on my own and finish it - except may next winter if I get a really bad cold :p
I am determined to have another crack. I went in a bit pig headed and thought it would be a stroll, as is so often he case with "hot" foods, they aren't really anything too full on.

But this burger, far out, I have never not been physically able to eat something like this before. I had $20 with my boss that I would be able to finish it and still couldn't get close to getting it down.

Next time I am going to ensure I have stacks of milk (I ran out about a 1/4 through) and smear ALL of the cucumber tzadziki over the patties.

I asked the waitress and she said the vast majority of people don't finish it, but about a 1/4 do. So were not alone!

Bit of a personal question - did you get the urinary after affects?

Good spot on a Saturday night too, The Maid, Alan Didak's favourite ;)

I am determined to have another crack. I went in a bit pig headed and thought it would be a stroll, as is so often he case with "hot" foods, they aren't really anything too full on.

But this burger, far out, I have never not been physically able to eat something like this before. I had $20 with my boss that I would be able to finish it and still couldn't get close to getting it down.

Next time I am going to ensure I have stacks of milk (I ran out about a 1/4 through) and smear ALL of the cucumber tzadziki over the patties.

I asked the waitress and she said the vast majority of people don't finish it, but about a 1/4 do. So were not alone!

Bit of a personal question - did you get the urinary after affects?

Good spot on a Saturday night too, The Maid, Alan Didak's favourite ;)

How would you compare it to a Vindaloo? Pre Gall Bladder removal I was able to knock those down ok, never tried a tinderloo as I thought that was just silly :)

Post Gall Bladder vindaloo's I struggle a little now.

How would you compare it to a Vindaloo? Pre Gall Bladder removal I was able to knock those down ok, never tried a tinderloo as I thought that was just silly :)

Post Gall Bladder vindaloo's I struggle a little now.
I eat vindaloos like everyone eats ice cream.

This is 50x times worse than most Vindaloos. There is literally a health warning on the menu and the staff actively discourage you from ordering it.

The sauce that is injected into the burgers beef patty is called Blairs Mega Death 4am Sauce.

http://www.chilliworld.com/FactFile/Scoville_Scale.asp
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scoville_scale

It's rated at 4 million "scovilles".

Tobasco Sauce - about 8,000
Jalopeno's - the green ones you get on mexican pizzas and the like - about 5,000

I eat vindaloos like everyone eats ice cream.

This is 50x times worse than most Vindaloos. There is literally a health warning on the menu and the staff actively discourage you from ordering it.

The sauce that is injected into the burgers beef patty is called Blairs Mega Death 4am Sauce.

http://www.chilliworld.com/FactFile/Scoville_Scale.asp
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scoville_scale

It's rated at 4 million "scovilles".

Tobasco Sauce - about 8,000
Jalopeno's - the green ones you get on mexican pizzas and the like - about 5,000

Well then, that is just ridiculous lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've thought about it. A guy I know tried it, apparently couldn't finish it due to the bloating from drinking too much to combat it. Vindaloos are no problem for me, and I could drink Tabasco (try it on chocolate ice cream, you will be amazed at what you've been missing), but from what I've heard about the Maid's burger, it has me thinking twice . . .

Has anyone tried the chilli sauce at Burp Burrito on Hindley Street? They make you sign a waiver, and serve it with an eye dropper . . .

They do make chilli chocolate, and Tabasco is mostly vinegar. It has a whole sweet 'n' sour thing going on . . .

good thread...

funilly enough if you head to this guy's page, he's got an even hotter sauce called ultra death. i bought dad some for his birthday and i can tell you, it's ****ing hot.

http://extremefood.com/shop/product.php?productid=14&cat=1&page=1

we put about 6 drops (probably less than a mL) into about 10 teaspoons (50mL) of standard barbeque sauce to throw on our steaks and that heated the **** out of the sauce.

the mega death sauce sits at about 500,000 scovilles. the ultra death sits at about 750,000.

the scary thing is this fella puts a reserve line each year, which go at about 2,000,000 scovilles. their not sauces either, they're additives which are to put in whilst cooking. you have to sign a release form to get the bottle.

haven't tried any of his reserve line, but i won't be going in a hurry to either.

in regards to the burger it depends on how much sauce they put on the burger... the suggested serving on each packet is 1 teaspoon (5mL)... putting that much on a burger is just plain crazy, especially if it's not diluted.

personally, 5mL of that sauce would be more than enough for 250-300 grams of curry sauce. i'd imagine the mega death sauce has a warning that it should only be eaten when diluted. the ultra death has that warning, but the sudden death (3rd hottest blair's sauce) doesn't...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back