The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club was sold to a US consortium in a Glazer style transaction whereby most of the funds raised to purchase the club where raised using debt with the clubs assets as security.

IIRC, the previous owner has a buy back option in the event of relegation at a cheaper price. Maybe Kompany has been informed of this and is happy to take the job in the knowledge that there will be a stable long term owner. I feel like this is half the battle with young managers. They need stability off the field to be able to succeed on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ralf Rangnick’s official statement: “You can’t help this club and that’s why I am leaving. I tried but wow, just wow. British humour is very self-deprecating, so I thought that if I came in and called them all campaigners, they would appreciate it. The overpaid *ers didn’t. I would like to forget about the last 7 months.”

Can't remember who, but someone on here called this.

What a shock. The word fraud gets thrown around in football as a joke but this guy will legitimately go down as the biggest fraud to grace the premier league.

If Ten Hag does a good job at United I hope United fans aren’t silly enough to give Rangnick any credit whatsoever, because he will no doubt try to claim some.

I'll say going from manager to assistant.

Maybe he thinks he can get the Villa job if Gerrard ends up at Liverpool, but he might follow him as well in that case.

If I'm not wrong he used to be at Liverpool's U23s so must have had a working relationship with Gerrard already, but he was untouchable at Blackpool so seems a hugely risky move.

If I'm not wrong he used to be at Liverpool's U23s so must have had a working relationship with Gerrard already, but he was untouchable at Blackpool so seems a hugely risky move.

Correct. Beale and then Critchley were U23s.

Gerrard was U18s and also U19s in the UEFA Youth League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back