The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt that Lop-e-tegui will turn West Ham into Top-e-leaguee.
Been working on that for a while have you? ;)

Can't say I'm greatly enthused but I just hope it works out better than Pellegrini.

He plays 4-2-3-1 from what I've read and likes ball playing defenders / midfielders, so I think Zouma and Soucek will be in trouble.

The squad needs a big rebuild in any case, we have one of the oldest in the league and I'm a bit worried about keeping Alvarez and Kudus with no European Football next season.

Been working on that for a while have you? ;)

Can't say I'm greatly enthused but I just hope it works out better than Pellegrini.

He plays 4-2-3-1 from what I've read and likes ball playing defenders / midfielders, so I think Zouma and Soucek will be in trouble.

The squad needs a big rebuild in any case, we have one of the oldest in the league and I'm a bit worried about keeping Alvarez and Kudus with no European Football next season.

He did ok at Wolves last season. They were bottom of the league when he took over. They finished 15th including wins over top half teams such as Liverpool, Villa, Brentford and Spurs.

Yeah, the squad needs a rebuild. A few are good enough - Paqueta, Bowen, Kudus, Alvarez, JWP, Mavropanos, Areola. Paqueta might be the main risk of leaving. To City with McAtee going the other way?

Hammers could raid the relegated teams. Barkley has had a good season. Adebayo is a beast. Doughty is a left sided player who can play in a number of positions. Berge is not bad for Burnley.

He did ok at Wolves last season. They were bottom of the league when he took over. They finished 15th including wins over top half teams such as Liverpool, Villa, Brentford and Spurs.

Yeah, the squad needs a rebuild. A few are good enough - Paqueta, Bowen, Kudus, Alvarez, JWP, Mavropanos, Areola. Paqueta might be the main risk of leaving. To City with McAtee going the other way?

Hammers could raid the relegated teams. Barkley has had a good season. Adebayo is a beast. Doughty is a left sided player who can play in a number of positions. Berge is not bad for Burnley.
Sounds like we'll be signing Greaves from Hull and a good chance for O'Hare from Coventry as a backup LW.

Steidten is very keen on Wesley Gassova from Corinthians, 19 yo Brazilian LW who has power and pace.

A striker is a must, I think we are keen on one from Pathianaikos who fits the Antonio would hit there's a few European Clubs interested.

I would love Tosin from Fulham but think he'll probably join Newcastle.

Lopetegui will have his own targets in mind, we'll need at least 2 if not 3 CM's if Paqueta gets sold. A RB also, we need an upgrade on Coufal, think we've been linked to the one from Torino.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like we'll be signing Greaves from Hull and a good chance for O'Hare from Coventry as a backup LW.

Steidten is very keen on Wesley Gassova from Corinthians, 19 yo Brazilian LW who has power and pace.

A striker is a must, I think we are keen on one from Pathianaikos who fits the Antonio would hit there's a few European Clubs interested.

I would love Tosin from Fulham but think he'll probably join Newcastle.

Lopetegui will have his own targets in mind, we'll need at least 2 if not 3 CM's if Paqueta gets sold. A RB also, we need an upgrade on Coufal, think we've been linked to the one from Torino.

How likely is it? I've seen Greaves linked to a few clubs. Any indication on fee? City fans are hoping for 20m+, would be pretty disappointed if we cave for less. Webster went to Brighton in 2019 for about 20m and Greaves has more upside.

How likely is it? I've seen Greaves linked to a few clubs. Any indication on fee? City fans are hoping for 20m+, would be pretty disappointed if we cave for less. Webster went to Brighton in 2019 for about 20m and Greaves has more upside.
I heard 15M get mooted, apparently a few West Ham forums I follow, they think he has his mind set on a move to London.

We need a left footed CB and homegrown players badly, so he'd be a good target, how is he playing the ball out of defence?

I heard 15M get mooted, apparently a few West Ham forums I follow, they think he has his mind set on a move to London.

We need a left footed CB and homegrown players badly, so he'd be a good target, how is he playing the ball out of defence?

Hm 15m would be pretty disappointing, he's worth a lot more than that.

He's brilliant, basically hasn't missed a game through injury in three years so is super consistent, can play LB or CB and is comfortable with the ball at his feet, dominant aerially and on the ground, times tackles incredibly well. Made the team of the season which says a lot when Southampton and Leicester's CBs couldn't get a sniff.

It's just Rotherham but this was the first thing that came to mind (from 3:14)

And this probably his most complete defensive game :

Last edited:
I think the difference between Hull City (7th) and Norwich (6th) was probably experience and size of the players.

Still think Hull City were on the right track despite falling narrowly short.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back