The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Gees not sure what Kompany has achieved to warrant Bayern job.

Also whilst McKenna has done a brilliant job at Ipswich the last manager to go back to back promotions into PL was Nigel Adkins.

Gees not sure what Kompany has achieved to warrant Bayern job.

Also whilst McKenna has done a brilliant job at Ipswich the last manager to go back to back promotions into PL was Nigel Adkins.
Feel like Bayern are trying to replicate Leverkusen and Stuttgart with the success of Alonso and Hoeness really.

dont understand from chelsea why to get rid of poch now after they've started to improve? why not just do it in jan when it looked total s**t? but then again i dont think anyone will ever truly understand the relationship between chelsea and their managers
I’m a Chelsea fan, and I don’t understand the rationale.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be disappointed as an Ipswich fan to see McKenna go.

Surely he has a crack with Ipswich in the Prem first. Even if they got relegated, I don't see his stock falling a whole lot.

On a managerial level I don't understand this either. McKenna gets Ipswich to the PL, surely he wants a go at managing them in the PL before moving to pastures greener. Maybe this is all a ploy by his agency to land him a bigger pay rise from Ipswich which he clearly deserves.

On a managerial level I don't understand this either. McKenna gets Ipswich to the PL, surely he wants a go at managing them in the PL before moving to pastures greener. Maybe this is all a ploy by his agency to land him a bigger pay rise from Ipswich which he clearly deserves.
You can go from hero to zero very quickly in management. Sometimes you have to jump in case you never get the chance to make it again.

He did get them promoted. Wasn't 'nothing'.

This season was pretty lifeless though. Never really looked like getting them going.
Plenty of average managers get teams promoted though because well I guess world class managers arent really managing in the Championship.

Kompany did great with Burnley in the championship, I don't think he did too bad with them in the prem. Did OK at Anderlecht too.

Knows the German league and speaks German.

It's a bit out of the blue, but a great opportunity for him if it happens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back