The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

And yet Bayern have come in for Kompany.

Seeing one of the favourites for relegation, be relegated, isn't going to be career damaging.

I didn’t say it would be career damaging but his stock wouldn’t exactly rise.

I just don’t see Chelsea going in for him in 12 months if they’ve just been relegated. Fans aren’t exactly enamoured with it now by the sounds of it.

I didn’t say it would be career damaging but his stock wouldn’t exactly rise.

I just don’t see Chelsea going in for him in 12 months if they’ve just been relegated. Fans aren’t exactly enamoured with it now by the sounds of it.
With absolutely no due respect to Chelsea fans, how many of them would've seen McKenna's teams play?

They only don't like it because he's not a big name.

Kompany was a big name player so that’s the difference…no way he gets the Bayern job otherwise…or if he was Sam Dyche

Kompany definitely the outlier in this situation. I would say the City Group / Pep link would have helped a lot as well. Arteta, Ange, Maresca all have done well recently from that stable.

If McKenna failed at a big team an Ipswich level team would scoop him straight back up anyway. Nothing to lose from taking the bigger job now, except hurting Ipswichs fans feelings.

The Celtic board for all their short comings have done alright at identifying manager targets the last few years. Howe fell through, they got Ange. Then when Ange left had Maresca and McKenna on the list before Dermott Desmond talked Rodgers out of having time off. Granted it is probably just Lawwell calling his contacts at the City Group for a tip off but have been all over the realistic options available before they made it big.

The diehards might have, most don't watch teams play that have loanees, especially week in and week out.

Outside of highlights, how many full Ipswich games did you watch this season?
Probs half a dozen(i payed more attention closer to the end of the season), but I like to follow our loanees.

The worry IMO for Chelsea supporters is the lack of experience, not the name.

Probs half a dozen(i payed more attention closer to the end of the season), but I like to follow our loanees.

The worry IMO for Chelsea supporters is the lack of experience, not the name.
Lack of experience in what? He's managed across multiple leagues and done well. Europe? Don't think that's the make or break for Chelsea at the moment.

You've tried managers with plenty of experience and it hasn't gone any better...

Lack of experience in what? He's managed across multiple leagues and done well. Europe? Don't think that's the make or break for Chelsea at the moment.

You've tried managers with plenty of experience and it hasn't gone any better...
Experience as in he's a very young manager and hasn't coached any top flight football.

Do you think he'd be a good get for us?

Sell him to me.

Experience as in he's a very young manager and hasn't coached any top flight football.

Do you think he'd be a good get for us?

Sell him to me.
I personally hope he stays at Ipswich. I've seen Chelsea chew through managers like hot dinners, I'd hate to see him go through that.

But yes, I think he'd be a good get for you. He's just won the LMA award for the season, ahead of the likes of Pep and Mikel.

Averaged 2 goals a game, while only averaging just over 50% of possession. Defending would need to improve but it's hard to say if that's his system or the level of player he has available there. I believe he'd have you playing very entertaining football.

Personally think he did an exceptional job to keep them top 2 for the vast majority of the campaign.

I personally hope he stays at Ipswich. I've seen Chelsea chew through managers like hot dinners, I'd hate to see him go through that.

But yes, I think he'd be a good get for you. He's just won the LMA award for the season, ahead of the likes of Pep and Mikel.

Averaged 2 goals a game, while only averaging just over 50% of possession. Defending would need to improve but it's hard to say if that's his system or the level of player he has available there. I believe he'd have you playing very entertaining football.

Personally think he did an exceptional job to keep them top 2 for the vast majority of the campaign.
Sold.
Cheaper compensation when he is sacked in 6 months
And sold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Slot just the next ETH?
savage GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back