Analysis The Matt Taberner effect

Remove this Banner Ad

Serious Question

What are your expectations of Tabs against North Melbourne. He’ll be playing the role that Cox was, not out of the square. Open admission I’ve got concerns.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Tabs plays full forward. If that means he is double teamed in the goal square, that means some one else up forward is open up to do damage

Tabs plays full forward. If that means he is double teamed in the goal square, that means some one else up forward is open up to do damage

Really? Why would we disrupt a structure (Amiss n Tracey) that worked last week and plonk Tabs in the square. Aren’t we looking at covering the role Cox played?

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Will kick 2.1. Both from the pockets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nailed it!

Overpowered the young Roos defence today.

Over 100 total.

Made some nice pressure acts on the wing / half forward in the second half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He made his mistakes but he came in and performed his role well, he's good for the structure of the team and kicking a goal or two, we don't need him to be our predominant scoring key forward now with Treacy and Amiss, when another tall is ready to come back he'll make way, handy while we have him though.

Hope to never see him in purple again
Harsh. Did a solid job. Turned the game around with his presence.
He may not jump but he’s hard as to push off.
Thought he was smart in leading. Gave Amiss space, allowed JT to go for the marks. He wasn’t as bad as people thought.

Perhaps but I don’t think it’s a surprise that the rest of the fwd line looked discombobulated with him in the team
How was it discombobulated?
Kicked 102 points.

Thought Amiss was pretty poor, and didn’t get into the game. JT was battling in the ruck.

It wasn’t the forward line at the start. The midfield got smashed early, and the smalls didn’t do anything with pressure

Remove this Banner Ad

Back