Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow anyone who doesn’t think the club want Jesse gone ha rocks in their head. Look at the response to Hogan then to that of Blakely. Absolute poles apart

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Or what’s more obvious, we want to trade Blakely and are pumping him up to maximise the price and we have no intention of trading Jesse so no point pumping him up.

I reckon Jesse has a contract under his nose from another club. The fact there is no club imposed sanction is concerning.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

'''Is Justin the man to coach Fremantle to its first premiership?
I think we’ll focus on making Justin’s first finals series before we worry too much about the end result of a premiership.'''

I absolutely despise this response and attitude. He's not the man for the job if he isn't focusing on a premiership as the end result each and every year!!!!
In fact, he should be aiming for multiple premierships during his tenure.

Very disappointed to read that from the club CEO.

I think we’ll focus on making Justin’s first finals series before we worry too much about the end result of a premiership.'''

I absolutely despise this response and attitude. He's not the man for the job if he isn't focusing on a premiership as the end result each and every year!!!!

Uh, that's a bit strong.

Calm down. Is was just the classic 'one week at a time' approach. If you want to feel better, read the next Q & A.

Is there a time where you see a flag window or opportunity opening?
I think the thing that modern day footy has illustrated is that clubs can rise and improve markedly in short periods of time. So I think, with that in mind, I wouldn’t want to limit ourselves to any sort of ceiling in the short term. We’ve got a stated aim of building a program that allows us to compete on a sustained basis for a long period of time.

Y
Uh, that's a bit strong.
Yeah but not completely wrong either. Compare it to the Richmond CEO coming out in 2015 saying by 2020 they wanted 80k fans and 3 premierships. Everyone, and I mean everyone, laughed at him at the time, but who's laughing now? I get that Longmuir is a much more junior coach now compared to Hardwick at the time of his CEO's statement, but I would have felt alot more comfortable if our CEO was prepared to look down the barrel of the camera and say "Yes, our coach is the one to take us to our first premiership".

Accepting mediocrity.

The last time one of our staff commented on expectations of premiership success he was hung by his own noose.

Literally the previous regime. If not learning from previous mistakes was the goal, then "if we haven't won a flag by 2023 then it would be a failure"
That's the risk you take when you make public declarations. Doesn't mean you shouldn't. It's just weird with the way the question was worded that our CEO couldn't bring himself to affirm in the positive.

Y

Yeah but not completely wrong either. Compare it to the Richmond CEO coming out in 2015 saying by 2020 they wanted 80k fans and 3 premierships. Everyone, and I mean everyone, laughed at him at the time, but who's laughing now? I get that Longmuir is a much more junior coach now compared to Hardwick at the time of his CEO's statement, but I would have felt alot more comfortable if our CEO was prepared to look down the barrel of the camera and say "Yes, our coach is the one to take us to our first premiership".
I don’t see why he has to say that, why would they employ him if they didn’t think he was?

JLo’s comments were strong in that he wasn’t happy with the season overall, despite some good signs, he’s in it to win it. Longmuirs the one we want strong affirmation from, not the CEO.

I don’t see why he has to say that, why would they employ him if they didn’t think he was?

JLo’s comments were strong in that he wasn’t happy with the season overall, despite some good signs, he’s in it to win it. Longmuirs the one we want strong affirmation from, not the CEO.
Disagree, winning flags should be a whole of club mindset from the merch shop attendant to the President.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's the risk you take when you make public declarations. Doesn't mean you shouldn't. It's just weird with the way the question was worded that our CEO couldn't bring himself to affirm in the positive.
Works both ways if he says that he is inviting pressure from media which can have a negative effect on the club and coaching.

Richmond had been making finals for about 3 or so years at that time when he said that as well.

100% agree.

Finals in 2021 should be the minimum expectation and if not jlo's head should be on the chopping block.

The most concerning part of that q&a is Hogan imo. Will be devastated if he ship him off

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yeah, however I get the feeling this is where we sit. Fully expect him to be at the club, unless someone comes forward with an offer too good to refuse

Reading between the lines of the last 24 hours Re: JH - Club will stick with him (have invested too much so far), no issues between club and player or teammates.
HOWEVER: JH is aware that he may need to relocate, if another club approaches with a super offer, and Freo are able to secure a decent replacement.
Club not prepared to reduce his value by saying he's available.

The president and now CEO dancing to the media tune on Hogan and hanging him out to dry instead of telling the media to * off. If you had invented a potion that could make blokes grow a pair, you could sell gallons of it at our Cockburn offices.

I see over on Herald sun that Ross the boss didn’t put Fyfe in this top 30 players of the last 30 years. Found spots for Cyril Rioli, Pendlebury, Selwood and nick Riewoldt though. On what planet is Joel Selwood a better player than Nat Fyfe?!

Dude, get back on your meds.

I see over on Herald sun that Ross the boss didn’t put Fyfe in this top 30 players of the last 30 years. Found spots for Cyril Rioli, Pendlebury, Selwood and Nick Riewoldt though. On what planet is Joel Selwood a better player than Nat Fyfe?!

1. Ross is a Victorian through and through.
2. He's in the Vic media so he has to look after his employment and we know how good he is at that.
3. He's never been good at talent identification

No surprise to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back