The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah aha I don't know what the capo was trying to do, but it was good for a laugh, was a fun night in the terrace. GA had a stick up their ass though, don't know why they didn't join in...

Because they were focused on the game? I was half expecting the Melburnians to try to get a Mexican wave started for a minute there.

Look, you probably don't give a stuff what I think and I understand and respect the support that the active area gives whether we're playing well or not. But bringing out the 'stand up' chant when the team is not playing well...it simply doesn't work. You get a scattered handful of people standing up, thereby blocking everyone's view behind them. If people wanted to stand all game, they'd be over there with you guys. If an AFL cheer squad tried to start that around the ground during a game, someone would end up copping a punch in the face.

My advice would be to use that one sparingly and only when you're pretty much guaranteed to get a good response. Or if you want to persist with doing at seemingly random stages of the game, try it once and if it doesn't work, shelve it. Because like I said, to me the active area on Friday night was the equivalent of a toddler squealing for daddy's attention. Not their finest hour.

Because they were focused on the game? I was half expecting the Melburnians to try to get a Mexican wave started for a minute there.

Look, you probably don't give a stuff what I think and I understand and respect the support that the active area gives whether we're playing well or not. But bringing out the 'stand up' chant when the team is not playing well...it simply doesn't work. You get a scattered handful of people standing up, thereby blocking everyone's view behind them. If people wanted to stand all game, they'd be over there with you guys. If an AFL cheer squad tried to start that around the ground during a game, someone would end up copping a punch in the face.

My advice would be to use that one sparingly and only when you're pretty much guaranteed to get a good response. Or if you want to persist with doing at seemingly random stages of the game, try it once and if it doesn't work, shelve it. Because like I said, to me the active area on Friday night was the equivalent of a toddler squealing for daddy's attention. Not their finest hour.
Yeah, I really don't know what was going on there. The regular capo went to the toilet and a couple of the more "colourful" lads decided to have a go. It was pretty amusing, but I really don't know why they tried to get the rest of the crowd going, and I can understand why
people weren't impressed. We won't be doing that again, and thanks for the feedback, it's always appreciated.

Yeah, I really don't know what was going on there. The regular capo went to the toilet and a couple of the more "colourful" lads decided to have a go. It was pretty amusing, but I really don't know why they tried to get the rest of the crowd going, and I can understand why
people weren't impressed. We won't be doing that again, and thanks for the feedback, it's always appreciated.

Thanks for taking it onboard. If you're looking for something that might be effective in getting the entire crowd involved during a quiet period, I'd suggest the 'We are Melbourne, we are City' chant would be the best.

Thanks for taking it onboard. If you're looking for something that might be effective in getting the entire crowd involved during a quiet period, I'd suggest the 'We are Melbourne, we are City' chant would be the best.
No worries, and yeah, that chant would definitely be better. Another thing I was pissed off at was the booing of GA: yeah, it's disappointing they didn't have a go but don't boo them, they aren't in active for a reason!
This goes especially for the "stand up" thing. Nothing is more stupid than when we break it out at the most mundane points of the game, or when the team is playing like crap and you have half the people in an area (if that) standing up. But because a random selection of people in the area are standing up and blocking the view of everyone behind them, others are forced to stand up too, not to join in, but simply so they can see the game. I have actually passed your feedback on to the lads in charge, so cheers for that.

That was a dead set dive for that free kick. I thought we had video referees now

When are we ever going to harden the **** up? We are always only going to be in the 3-6 range at best if we can't get decent results on the road. So much for our scouting network/loan advantages from the City Group, same old performances happen every year.

To have the best chance of winning the thing is finishing top 2, obviously it's Sydney's to lose this year, but we need to start consistently grinding out results on the road and improve this culture to have any chance in the future. Perth and WSW seem to be bogey trips for us in particular, Newcastle and CCM have been at times also, would rather these games regularly go 0-0 than the occasional win and regular 3-1/2-1 losses we seem to get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When are we ever going to harden the **** up? We are always only going to be in the 3-6 range at best if we can't get decent results on the road. So much for our scouting network/loan advantages from the City Group, same old performances happen every year.

To have the best chance of winning the thing is finishing top 2, obviously it's Sydney's to lose this year, but we need to start consistently grinding out results on the road and improve this culture to have any chance in the future. Perth and WSW seem to be bogey trips for us in particular, Newcastle and CCM have been at times also, would rather these games regularly go 0-0 than the occasional win and regular 3-1/2-1 losses we seem to get.

It's all about having a good manager for this club now. We've never had a great one. Must change next season.

He said he regrets coming to city and should of followed his heart and went to Sydney. Nah, to paraphrase " we came here to come home with 3rd place and we didn't so today's result means nothing". Went on about how goals weren't reached etc.

On Pixel XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back