The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Decent signing.
Tbh I can't see us finishing higher than 3rd again this season, we haven't really improved on last years squad unfortunately

As good as he is, I hope it forces us to structure up forward differently. I don't think it worked late last season.

The issue last season was Bruno having to share with Cahill, we also lost Brandan as an attacking option. As good as Cahill was at times for us last season he negated Bruno quite a lot.

The issue last season was Bruno having to share with Cahill, we also lost Brandan as an attacking option. As good as Cahill was at times for us last season he negated Bruno quite a lot.
I thought the opposite. We relied too much on Bruno.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure did. He had a lot more work put into him last season though. Every week the opposition smothered him and we rarely had him isolated. Also, Mooy.

They certainly loved defending him.

Decent signing.
Tbh I can't see us finishing higher than 3rd again this season, we haven't really improved on last years squad unfortunately
Fallacy. We've strengthened at the back and lost no-one of any real note. Perhaps Franjic, but lets be honest he did sweet fa for City. Marquee AM to come. We'll be fine.

Woeful line up. Sydney 4-0
5f4e86382d0e30f0e90f0f40fb309a0c.png

Reminded me a lot of the end of last season, but worse. Pretty insipid performance, Sydney didn't need to get out of 2nd gear to look a couple of classes above.

Yup. Lack any flair. Boring plodders

Remove this Banner Ad

Back