The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a great start to the year. Most of it's on our attack.

Leckie and McLaren haven't worked out their chemistry yet. We're not getting close to goal and creating really dangerous chances.

The other factor is we're not winning the key moments. Call it luck or weight of pressure, but we're a ball roll, deflection away from clicking in to gear.

Last week against Adelaide, low shot from outside the box, hit the post deflects of Glover and turns in to a tsp in. Almost identical circumstance tonight with O'Neills low long shot, into the post, deflects off their keeper and rolls away.

Margins are thin between being poor and good.

But the step to great is what we saw the last 20 odd games. We didn't settle for 1 or 2 goal lead, 3 breaks teams and it turns in to several more.

Deja-vu. Last season same deal v WU. We created so many chances and could not score. They get their one and only.
Long season - though- plenty of time to get our mojo.
Like said already though, MV will be the team to beat.

Agree. It is a long season. Victory have a long way to go before they are instated as favourites. City are still way ahead of them.
How hungry are we? Last season, we were not the hunted. Now, we are.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anybody know why Atkinson hasn’t been starting? Something going on behind closed doors? Makes such a huge difference when he’s on the pitch.

I've got no idea, other than he would have been on the bench had all our players been available during the finals. Looks like PK is defaulting back to that line up with Noone replaced by Leckie.

I don’t think I have ever seen a team dominate a half so much yet have nothing to show for it.
Last week.
Then last season also v WU.
Early days- we a far from the finished product.
Gives me hope for the upcoming MV game. I can smell the hunger in our boys.

It took us several games to find form last season, and once we clicked.... look out

We are still dominating games and possession. When the front third clicks there will be carnage. Hopefully next match against Victory.

Hey guys, home game this Saturday so we can get in with our memberships I assume? Club usually sends an email with game info but haven’t received anything yet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back