The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

<snip>

With all that positivity, jeez we look vulnerable at the back. Even at 3-0, I didn't feel totally comfortable.

Retre looks really impressive on the ball but I thought he got an absolute bath by Dugandzic when he went out to his wing, and Adelaide were clearly going through him.

I don't think Franjic is any good at international level (the opposite) but the quicker he gets back the better.

Not convinced on Chapman/Kisnorbo combination, either, but there aren't many other options.

Just don't think the team has the confidence or concentration to just sit deep and ground out a win at times. Last weeks collapse you could see coming for ages.

Go city !

Absolutely 100% agree with this. I was yelling at the team to wake up when we still held the 2-1 lead. It was as if the 2 sides had swapped jumpers at half time.

I'm a football novice (as in never followed EPL, would watch national team) only started going to games this season because my son decided before the 3rd derby last year to follow city. Signed up and waiting for the cards to arrive.

City/Heart have dropped points from supposedly unassailable positions so many times that those of us who have followed them for a while now are well and truly used to it. Doesn't mean we should accept it, but nothing surprises us anymore (except maybe a good solid win!)

It's been the story for as long as I've been a member: we can beat anyone, we can lose to anyone (I guess a lot of teams would probably say that in a salary capped league). If we ever show a bit of consistency, we're going to be hard to stop. Defence is a massive issue at the moment, but with Hughes available and Zullo and Franjic on the horizon, that part of the ground should be bolstered soon enough.

Whatever people think about Koren, I'm extremely disappointed that he went from being a week away from a return last week to a month away this week (of course with no explanation from the club). He would have been a very handy inclusion to the squad for Friday, with Mooy going out.

Hey guys,

Think I posted here once or twice but usually I'm on other A-league forums.

Always supported Heart/City but didn't get my first membership until the final season of Heart when Aolisi was coach (what a disaster that season was!)

I'll try to post more frequently here. Like everyone else I'm frustrated with our up and down form and ability to give up unassailable leads. FFS barracking for one Richmond is bad enough:mad::p

Hey guys,

Think I posted here once or twice but usually I'm on other A-league forums.

Always supported Heart/City but didn't get my first membership until the final season of Heart when Aolisi was coach (what a disaster that season was!)

I'll try to post more frequently here. Like everyone else I'm frustrated with our up and down form and ability to give up unassailable leads. FFS barracking for one Richmond is bad enough:mad::p
What I don't want to see is Victory supporters who also support Hawthorn coming on here and gloating. Too much.
BTW, how can we get the BF powers to change the A-League allegiances to City from Heart?

When is Franjic likely to come back?

Watched a bit of the game again today.

They were tearing Retre apart in the last 15-20 minutes despite his best effort.

If we have no Franjic or Mooy this week I'm hoping for something like:

Sorenson
Chapman - Kisnorbo - Hughes - Zullo
Paartalu
Melling - Koren
Dekker - Fornaroli - Novillo​

I was just saying in the Victory thread (before seeing this one) that it's an indictment on the league that we ignore international windows - I didn't even consider it from a City perspective. With no Victory game in Melbourne this weekend, I was going to go to the City game on Friday. I'm more than happy to spend 20 bucks to watch Mooy and Vidosic play... then I realised that Mooy aint going to be playing :mad:

I was just saying in the Victory thread (before seeing this one) that it's an indictment on the league that we ignore international windows - I didn't even consider it from a City perspective. With no Victory game in Melbourne this weekend, I was going to go to the City game on Friday. I'm more than happy to spend 20 bucks to watch Mooy and Vidosic play... then I realised that Mooy aint going to be playing :mad:

Yep, it just supports medicocrity in the leauge and discourages players from playing internationally.

The league is too long anyway, there's a bit of fan fatigue in a 27 week season plus finals in a period that cuts into the Christmas break.

If you had an 18 week season plus finals with international breaks that's a lot of soccer and gives fans a chance to have a break too. Less is more, and to get casuals through the gate you need to make sure they're anyways seeing the best possible players

Yep, it just supports medicocrity in the leauge and discourages players from playing internationally.

The league is too long anyway, there's a bit of fan fatigue in a 27 week season plus finals in a period that cuts into the Christmas break.

If you had an 18 week season plus finals with international breaks that's a lot of soccer and gives fans a chance to have a break too. Less is more, and to get casuals through the gate you need to make sure they're anyways seeing the best possible players
If you shorten the league you'll lose any players with international aspirations to the league. Terrible idea. Really we need more teams and more games, however that's only a good idea if the new teams are viable. We are in an understandable holding position at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pathetic. JVS should clean out his desk tomorrow morning.

A disappointing performance Friday and he'll be on his way, the last home game against WSW showed that the fans are starting to get really agitated, go down by three goals again and JVS will have to go.

I think he'll get the time needed to get a full strength team on the pitch. If results still aren't up to scratch them he'll be sacked, I really hope he gets the team firing because I am a fan of his and want him to taste the success with the club.

I think he'll get the time needed to get a full strength team on the pitch. If results still aren't up to scratch them he'll be sacked, I really hope he gets the team firing because I am a fan of his and want him to taste the success with the club.
He can coach, just no luck at all with injuries this year.
Where were the critics when we beat Wellington in NZ in finals?

Games like this one that make the past few weeks so frustrating. The team is capable.
Circumstances.
We got Perth at a perfect time- lots of injuries to top players, 40C game last week, we have good players coming back, and running into form, and we have firepower.
And MOOY. Dutch for BEAUTIFUL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back