The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I am enjoying the whinging around Fornaroli's "dive" in the Victory thread. They're not bitter little shits at all, are they?

It wasn't a dive but it also wasn't a penalty, baffles me how even with VAR the right decision isn't made, which is play on.
Solid win either way with 11 or so players missing and losing Vidosic and Jamieson.

We have some decent players to come in so looking forward to a more settled line up.

It was a terrible decision, doubly so because of the VAR aspect.

Can't help but chuckle at Muscat's "Oh look, it doesn't do me any good to discuss that...all I will say is..." routine when asked about it. Two minutes later he's still banging on with his blueprint to completely eradicate dubious adjudications forever from the game.

Sorry if this gets a bit Selwoodish for some, but I think Bruno has a knack for earning free kicks (not necessarily this one) because he's such a beast on the ball. The defenders get frustrated because they can't shift him, so they go to that next level and just shove him or whatever and he feels the extra contact and just drops. Plays for them, sure. But if he wasn't such a gun (and the associated panic that it causes, because he can score from anywhere and they can't shift him) it wouldn't happen.

I'm sure we'll be on the wrong end of a crap decision soon enough. Winners are grinners.

Can't help but chuckle at Muscat's "Oh look, it doesn't do me any good to discuss that...all I will say is..." routine when asked about it. Two minutes later he's still banging on with his blueprint to completely eradicate dubious adjudications forever from the game.

Sorry if this gets a bit Selwoodish for some, but I think Bruno has a knack for earning free kicks (not necessarily this one) because he's such a beast on the ball. The defenders get frustrated because they can't shift him, so they go to that next level and just shove him or whatever and he feels the extra contact and just drops. Plays for them, sure. But if he wasn't such a gun (and the associated panic that it causes, because he can score from anywhere and they can't shift him) it wouldn't happen.

I'm sure we'll be on the wrong end of a crap decision soon enough. Winners are grinners.

Bruno definitely does, he works hard on the ball and is often fouled, some aren't called that should be and some are that shouldn't be.

Well put although I think a lot of people fail to understand the difference between a dive and accentuating contact. IMO Bruno is firmly in the 2nd camp, I've not once seen him 'dive'. Indeed very few players actually dive in the A League.

Perhaps the last game we played last season against the jets when Arzani was brought down in the area - Stonewall pen leading 1-0 and the prick thinks he wants to stick with his original decision.

Funny that the Jets suffer their own VAR controversy the next week, then the Victory in round 1.

Reasonably happy with the point, given it was away from home and Central Coast doesn't look like a half bad team this year. Should have been better, could have been worse. Still love Ross the boss.

I'm looking at it as a positive that we dominated general play while at the same time looking pretty poor. Set pieces need a lot of work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McGree is more than just a scorpion kick, would he be in consideration for the Asian Cup?
He should be in the conversation for friendlies. Not sure about Asian Cup yet.

Brilliant goal by Bruno !!!!

But something needs to be done about these Seaguls here .... the game is unwatchable.
In Portugal, iirc, at one ground they have an eagle around to scare off the gulls.
Both goals were superb.

I'm not an alarmist by any stretch, but Joyce has to go. Gutted the team after JVS, which is a managers perogative, but his in ability to find any form over a period of time tells me he ain't the right choice. Out played by Brisbane, and got caught in the constant playing the ball around the right then switch right back to the left and turn it over without getting.

No idea why Bruno is out.

In Portugal, iirc, at one ground they have an eagle around to scare off the gulls.
Both goals were superb.
Its bad for the viewers on tv as the white ball gets lost in amongst the flurry of white gulls and very bad for the birds safety-does anyone know if the gull that was hit died or was just knocked out?? They should string some wires above the ground and put fake owl or eagles on them to discourage the birds!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back