The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Fox Sports article from last night basically said that Bruno was going to be offered a place on the bench then he spat the dummy and stayed in Melbourne, which I can find a bit more believable than Joyce leaving him out altogether. If true, pretty average from the bloke who was captaining the team not too long ago to basically send us up there with a toothless attack.
Joyce was brought in to build a culture which was basically non-existent which is what he's trying to do. Not that I've agreed with all his decisions but come on, no player is bigger than the team

Fox Sports article from last night basically said that Bruno was going to be offered a place on the bench then he spat the dummy and stayed in Melbourne, which I can find a bit more believable than Joyce leaving him out altogether. If true, pretty average from the bloke who was captaining the team not too long ago to basically send us up there with a toothless attack.
Joyce was brought in to build a culture which was basically non-existent which is what he's trying to do. Not that I've agreed with all his decisions but come on, no player is bigger than the team

Bruno was told he was too fat to start or play, not really a surprise if he spat the dummy at being offered a token spot on the bench.

Bruno was told he was too fat to start or play, not really a surprise if he spat the dummy at being offered a token spot on the bench.
He already struggles to run out games. If his skin folds got worse recently then I can only imagine he'd struggle even more

He already struggles to run out games. If his skin folds got worse recently then I can only imagine he'd struggle even more

That's his shape, bit of an over-exaggeration to say he barely runs out games, he does a hell of a lot of work on the ball. He is our best player and our most dangerous attacker and we were completely average in attack.

Huge backfire on Joyce which is further proof that he is simply an average manager.

If Bruno wants a release from his contract, let him go and pick up a quality marquee striker in the January window
If they were that easy to nab, surely we'd have one already?
We have stocked up on quality defenders galore.

If they were that easy to nab, surely we'd have one already?
We have stocked up on quality defenders galore.
There are plenty out there, we just haven't looked.

Sydney get Le Fondre
Victory get Toivonen and Honda

Fernando Torres was keen on Australia but went elsewhere
Zlatan is finishing up at the MLS in December

Walked round the back the Yarra end behind him and his family before the game. Wish I was that slender! Having said that, if he was overweight, agitating for a move, refusing to sit on the bench, then he's well out of order.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuine question...

Do the City group have any aspirations to win in this country because from my POV they couldn't give a s**t.

They seem happy with find kids and sell them and that's it.
Fair call

I'm not happy with Joyce

We have the best striker in the comp, a couple of decent midfielders and a heap of defenders, yet consistency is continually the problem and there doesn't look like a 100% group buy in.

As a club under Heart/City we have always played our best brand of football under Van't Schip and we did so with less talented players too. We need a proactive manager in that Van't Schip mould, not a dour vanilla boring flog like Joyce who alienates himself to far too many.

Fair call

I'm not happy with Joyce

We have the best striker in the comp, a couple of decent midfielders and a heap of defenders, yet consistency is continually the problem and there doesn't look like a 100% group buy in.

As a club under Heart/City we have always played our best brand of football under Van't Schip and we did so with less talented players too. We need a proactive manager in that Van't Schip mould, not a dour vanilla boring flog like Joyce who alienates himself to far too many.

Agreed, The hard task master manager isn't effective anymore in my opinion, Being a people person is so important now, Building those relationships gets the best out of the current player and Joyce hasn't got this element to his coaching at all from what I can see.

Fair call

I'm not happy with Joyce

Fornaroli is not the best striker in the comp.

Unlucky to be 0-1 down, very relieved we got the 1-1.
Played well all night against the best team.
Good signs.
Unlucky? Not sure. We have no one in the box to finish our possession domination up the pitch. Either play Fornoroli or buy a striker FFS!

This is going to be a very frustrating season I think.

Unlucky? Not sure. We have no one in the box to finish our possession domination up the pitch. Either play Fornoroli or buy a striker FFS!

This is going to be a very frustrating season I think.
Firing the coach would be better imo

Absolutely butchering this squad

Firing the coach would be better imo

Absolutely butchering this squad
I don't love the style of play but it's fairly effective except for finishing with goals. I think it's more a CFG directive issue than this coach in particular.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back