Not open for further replies.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Yeah how good is the Aussie cricket team...

...until six months later when they're absolute s**t again and no one mentions them.

Nobody is worshipping the Aussie cricket team as GOATs, but winning a test in India is an event to enjoy for a cricket fan.

It's healthy to set aside the cynicism and enjoy the little victories in sport sometimes you know.

Nobody is worshipping the Aussie cricket team as GOATs, but winning a test in India is an event to enjoy for a cricket fan.

It's healthy to set aside the cynicism and enjoy the little victories in sport sometimes you know.
With ya.

4502 days between Aussie test wins in India. :eek:

Now that's worth a moment of celebration in my book :thumbsu:

heavho

Club Legend
Dec 22, 2005
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
fremantle
Hughes in for sutcliffe should be a permanent change
Strnadica should get a go. Could be better than apeness in my opinion as the ruck/forward spot .
Logue to take sheridans spot should be permanent. Sheridan is a guy with a gut and a man bun that can't pull it off like fyfe lol

Deluca in for suban

Cox in for another average performance

Feb 3, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle
Hughes in for sutcliffe should be a permanent change
Strnadica should get a go. Could be better than apeness in my opinion as the ruck/forward spot .
Logue to take sheridans spot should be permanent. Sheridan is a guy with a gut and a man bun that can't pull it off like fyfe lol

Deluca in for suban

Cox in for another average performance

Suban out forever. In anyone!
Sandi for Griff and Darcy to Ruck 50/50 with the big man. Apeness taking care of the forward 50.
Sheridan out to learn some intensity another first round pick winner right there!
Taberner- Jesus Christ. This is what happens when you refuse to draft key position forwards for 10 years with decent picks. * it. Cox to play CHF and Tabs to learn how to stop a pass bouncing off his chest.
Hughes in for Sutcliffe.
Ryan is for Pearce ( just to get him fit and Pearce is Suban Mk 2! )

Now let us never speak of that debacle ever again.

P.S. If we delist Clarke right now can we upgrade a Rookie???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Suban out forever. In anyone!
Sandi for Griff and Darcy to Ruck 50/50 with the big man. Apeness taking care of the forward 50.
Sheridan out to learn some intensity another first round pick winner right there!
Taberner- Jesus Christ. This is what happens when you refuse to draft key position forwards for 10 years with decent picks. **** it. Cox to play CHF and Tabs to learn how to stop a pass bouncing off his chest.
Hughes in for Sutcliffe.
Ryan is for Pearce ( just to get him fit and Pearce is Suban Mk 2! )

Now let us never speak of that debacle ever again.

P.S. If we delist Clarke right now can we upgrade a Rookie???

I'm rubbing my hands together. Is it nice or angering to see people pick up s**t I've been saying for years?

– Sheridan is woeful. I don't really see what sort of player he is, he's very average in everything. He and Crozier have gone nowhere; played in all sorts of positions, in good and bad teams... and there's still no improvement, and they still only play 14 games a season. Do not get.
– Taberner has stalled since his first year. People say 'stall' but the reality is he was never going to be a good footballer. His biggest issue is the one between his head and most guys face an uphill battle to get rid of that. He's shown no signs of improving, he just keeps going along
– Sutty was really good and came bursting out the blocks but I get the feeling he's become a victim of the AFL: coaches at that level love to curb player's natural games. I remember Sweatcliffe constantly running off half back and taking his time to set up an option. Nowadays he's neither here nor there, and that really versatile part of his game has just eroded
– Clarke should have been delisted about four years ago; have never seen someone less interested in a final than him. Again another semi-sacred cow on this board because he's had nine good games in nine years but the bloke is not only bog average, but gives very little care. I get the feeling his basketball background means he'd rather be somewhere else... he doesn't have the respect a kid growing up playing Aussie Rules would have. If we were drafted to the Suns or Richmond or Port, we'd put in care and effort because, no they aren't our club, but we care about the sport and we can understand what their fans would want

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Taberner has most definitely improved since joining us. He's still a way off but he has improved, quite a bit actually. Unfortunately we don't seem to have a better option atm.

Clarke is pretty much gone now.

Sutty should be depth. That's where he's at, and that's where the list is at.

Shero is no star that's for sure but he's serviceable and until such time as we can find a better option he's in that 16 - 26 or so in our list.

I think we have better options for Sutty but otherwise you've just highlighted the weaknesses in our list. All clubs (maybe except GWS) have list weaknesses.

Feb 3, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle
Feb 3, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle
As opposed to bagging players for being injured?

Do you feel that Clarke has given it everything for our club since 2013? He then tries to play hardball with our club during the trade period last year.
Not only is he unavailable through injury, he has treated the club that has supported him throughout with contempt through the entire injury ordeal.
Classy guy!

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Taberner has most definitely improved since joining us. He's still a way off but he has improved, quite a bit actually. Unfortunately we don't seem to have a better option atm.

This year might be the first time we do have better options. McCarthy, Kersten and Ape are all tall enough and I'd play them all over Tabs at the moment.

gungho

Club Legend
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Oh the life of a Freo supporter. 1 grand final in 20 odd years - played better but missed all opportunities. No concessions at all from the AFL so it took us about 10 years to even crack a final. Getting turfed out to places like Kardinia Park in Geelong for a final because the whole corporate conglomerate of pen pushers couldn't give a toss frankly. One absolute star who can not seem to keep fit to carry the team on his shoulders.
Drafting blunders to the extent not seen by anyone other team (Croad for pick 1 in the super draft). Picking up a first rounder who decides not to even show up for the flight to the game. Recruits arriving at Perth airport with a surfboard under their arm because they believe they've been drafted by the lifestyle club. Anyone remember Andrew Wills? Geelong got rid of him because he'd run 5 metres forwards, 10 metres sideways, and 20 metres backwards before kicking the ball. Yep, perfect fit for Freo. Colin f##king Silvia. Jack f##king Anthony. Letting Andrew McLeod board a plan back to Adelaide because he was wearing an earring?? Only the Tiger's have come close in terms of drafting ineptitude. Anybody who defends all this with "well, we got Fyfe so they must know what they're doing", well, let's be honest...Fyfe was a fluke. The truth is our coach, Harvey, didn't even want him and he really only came to us because Richmond passed. There was no genius talent identification in drafting Fyfe ladies and gentlemen. He came to us as a half forward flanker, 70kgs dripping wet, because a scout, who no longer works at Freo, somehow got him through. Yes, it was a fluke.
Andrew Demitriou (don't know the spelling and don't care) did not give a flying f##k about the Dockers. Gil is marginally better. The media (7 and West Australian) are ludicrously Eagles centric. (Look at the back page of the Saturday's west for example. The eagles are playing the dockers in a pre season game and there is no mention of the Dockers at all - just a headline on the Eagles).
I am not playing the victim, but let's be honest, like the nerdy kid who sits by himself in the library during recess, we have been marginalised and largely forgotten.

So what to do..........
All you dreamers. All you misfits. All you eclectic misunderstood youths that felt you wanted to back the wayward horse in a two horse town - it's time to get even. It's time to stare into the vacuous pit of death and scream.......* you.
This is a call to arms brothers and sisters. From 2017 on we take no prisoners.
It's all or nothing. If you can't train to the point where you actually taste blood formulating in the back of your mouth then we don't want ya. That's right - we want you f##kers to like the smell of napalm in the morning. Let's whip these boys into shape Ross. Let's create some steely eyed warriors. I don't give a flying f##k if it's 40 degrees in the shade in Geraldton. As they say in Texas, it's time to kick arse and take names.
You've got 4 years boys, and you've got the best footballer in country to drag you across the line. It's premiership or bust.

ydraw

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Do you feel that Clarke has given it everything for our club since 2013

Yes I do. If he wasn't, hed have been sacked. He has been training and playing while clearly hampered with injuries. And as a result he's suffered multiple recurrences of that injury. I can't see how the blame for that can sit with the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back