No Oppo Supporters The Melt Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the weekend was the game where the old hats had to play well to protect themselves from some of the incumbents.... bye bye subes, Pearce, Tabs, Ibbo you have booked yourself a ticket to Mandurah for 2017

The biggest hole in the list remains the same, an elite KPF to build the forward line around. A player with a killer instinct, and most likely taken in the top 10 picks, which we haven’t really been in a position to do. Not including last year where the general consensus was no KPF draftees warranted such a pick.

McCarthy looks great, but more in the Gunston mould and not the the truly dominant alpha forward we need IMO. Even the Hawks relative to their previous scoring ability, struggled without Roughead last year.

No coincidence that we looked the best when Pav was on target for 50 + goals in a season, 2012, 2013 (if he played a full season) and the first half of 2015, 21 goals in the first 9 games, but only 19 in the 13 after that.

Maybe a combination of Ape, Tabs, Kersten and McCarthy could work together similar to Adelaide, but whether one of them can truly anchor the forward line remains to be seen. A Pav type and McCarthy in tandem would be the dream and arguably better than the above.

Building a list capable of winning a flag has to be the main focus now, and it’s not there yet, which surely the club realise. With GWS potentially being invincible for the next few years, no better time than now to do it. Of course that’s not to say we should tank either (or that GWS flags are a fait accompli), but hopefully we can find a balancing act between exposing the kids and remaining competitive.

The only thing I would really melt about this year is if we continue to see the same stagnant, no forward structure, bomb it long game plan and the same underperforming players relied upon week in week out. If that happens, you would have to believe Ross is stubborn to the point of madness and totally lost the plot.

FFS why do people feel the need to come into a melt thread and counsel patience and tolerance? Its a melt thread, this is what its for. To vent some frustration.
Right.
Let Logue play. FFS stop playing Suban. How many more times to we need to prove he's a limited and unintelligent footballer.
GC have Barlow and 2 first year players cutting up for them and we persist with the likes of Suban and Sheridan as if they are going to magically transform into players all of a sudden. I'd play the front office girl in front of them these days.
I'm not sure how much more conservative, obtuse and downright stupid persistence of mediocrity I can take this year.
If we are going to rebuild then f'kn throw out the dross, we know what these players can do and its not good.
Barlow is 10 times the player Suban, Sheridan, Crozier will ever be.

Unfortunately true on all accounts (but I may still have a little more hope than you for Sheridan). I know the training reporters are saying that Logue is getting beaten in marking contests against our biggest forwards but what we loved the look of was his fantastic aerobic capacity and ability to create play. I think we need players like him in the team as soon as possible and developing.

We are not winning the premiership this year and we are probably a long shot for even the eight so Ross what have we got to lose by getting this guy up to speed and in the team asap??

Experimenting with Croz on the HFF? That was his position for 5 seasons.

To me I would have thought a good experiment would have been to stack the backline with hbf's like the doggies and see what happens. But with the lack of effort it probably wouldn't have changed much.

I was disappointed by the lack of experimenting.

For Crozier's sake I hope he has a permanent position in the backline (and plays to the standard required) with occasional use in the forward line because he is a beautiful kick at goal. Nothing wrong with being versatile so long that he has nailed down that backline position.

I think the weekend was the game where the old hats had to play well to protect themselves from some of the incumbents.... bye bye subes, Pearce, Tabs, Ibbo you have booked yourself a ticket to Mandurah for 2017

But not for this weeks game hopefully!!

The melts should be directed at the coach first. No point having a go at certain players, its not like we are blind, or don't
see the game stats.
Ross needs to make the tough calls, but also know the best positions for that player to excel. I do wonder sometimes if
he can start from scratch, the list looks fine to reboot, just need to delete some of the old files.

FFS , if we let go of Clarke will freo still not getting another ruckmen and play griff , we are F**king desperate for ruckmen yet only play sean Darcy at fourth quarter . Do we do a full rebuild or just hoping turn around in a year with the same old . Mentioning Neale and Sandi is not good enough. I would not have melt so hard had freo send in Collins ,cox and logue , at least I can give excusr eagles is beating a freo B team and players that just came back from injuries such as Johnson and fyfe.

The melts should be directed at the coach first. No point having a go at certain players, its not like we are blind, or don't
see the game stats.
Ross needs to make the tough calls, but also know the best positions for that player to excel. I do wonder sometimes if
he can start from scratch, the list looks fine to reboot, just need to delete some of the old files.

I think with the moving on of some of fan favourites last year this process has started. We will cull a few more in 17, target another KKP and/or mid in the fee agency. Guys like Ed, Balla's, Sheridan, Crozier, Clarke, Sucliffe, Jono, Mundy etc will all need to prove their worth or will be delisted, retired or shuffled to help us move forward in the draft.

FFS , if we let go of Clarke will freo still not getting another ruckmen and play griff , we are F**king desperate for ruckmen yet only play sean Darcy at fourth quarter . Do we do a full rebuild or just hoping turn around in a year with the same old . Mentioning Neale and Sandi is not good enough. I would not have melt so hard had freo send in Collins ,cox and logue , at least I can give excusr eagles is beating a freo B team and players that just came back from injuries such as Johnson and fyfe.

Darcy and Cox arent ready for 4 quarters yet, why destroy them in a practice game. You dont bring in 2 year old horses and start them in open company. Losing 10 experienced players from last years list is pretty close to a rebuild. Its hardly the same old. It was the eagles second practice game and they have got this week off. They needed to go hard. We should build a little more into the Collingwood game and give the Carlton game a red hot. Why not wait until after the Carlton game before you jump off the cliff.

I'll only believe that when I see it.
You can also change the deckchairs on the Titanic around, but without careful planning, better
rudder, you wont turn in time.
What I'm trying to say is that if we use last years model we are stuffed.
Playing in a half of the field, sure it creates congestion, but leaves nothing on the counter attack, or
can be dissected with precision passing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine this; Brad Hill receives the ball on the wing and is breaking forward on a fast sprint towards the fifty. He looks up and there's nobody to kick to. Brad is confronted with the same scenario as Danyle Pearce.
The five forwards that we use have pushed up to the centerline as per the gameplan.
Perhaps Brad will do as Danyle does and go deep to the boundary line to force a throw in.

Meanwhile our five forwards have got back inside the fifty arc but are gasping for air as they have just completed a 110 metre round trip.

We can but hope that the five forwards we use are bloody fit.

Imagine this; Brad Hill receives the ball on the wing and is breaking forward on a fast sprint towards the fifty. He looks up and there's nobody to kick to. Brad is confronted with the same scenario as Danyle Pearce.
The five forwards that we use have pushed up to the centerline as per the gameplan.
Perhaps Brad will do as Danyle does and go deep to the boundary line to force a throw in.

Meanwhile our five forwards have got back inside the fifty arc but are gasping for air as they have just completed a 110 metre round trip.

If Ross persists with this gameplan..... we're in for a epic 10,000+ post melt thread this year.

I feel Ross would benefit from the league dictating a new rule that 2 forwards must stay in the forward 50 at all time.

I saw all of the forwards staying home but little spread and sitting on top of each other. I dont think the 4 bigs will play in the side. Tabs or Kersten to miss out. McCarthy and one of those two plus Apeness as the ruck forward.

I saw all of the forwards staying home but little spread and sitting on top of each other. I dont think the 4 bigs will play in the side. Tabs or Kersten to miss out. McCarthy and one of those two plus Apeness as the ruck forward.

I think you are right and seeing as one of hose two players is a reasonably reliable mark, let's hope he gets the nod.

Salim is this what they practice at training? You would think they would be read the riot act in
reality, eagles have Mcgovern, Barass, even Sheppard is a good intercept mark, our boys need to
divide and conquer.

Suban, Sutcliffe GTFO. Probably Sheridan too

Crozier last chance to step up another level, be it HBF or forward pocket (* off please Ballantyne).

Tabs last chance to step up another level also. Either learn to chop out in the ruck or start averaging at least 1.5 goals a game.

Ibbo or Johnson, chose one.

Tucker to permanent midfield rotation.

Cheers Ross, thanks for coming.

You're gullible - DP has a shot but it comes off the side of the boot ending in a throw in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back