No Oppo Supporters The Melt Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experimenting with Croz on the HFF? That was his position for 5 seasons.

To me I would have thought a good experiment would have been to stack the backline with hbf's like the doggies and see what happens. But with the lack of effort it probably wouldn't have changed much.

I was disappointed by the lack of experimenting.
We know Croz can play on a half back flank - maybe it was more about rotating others through that position to see what they offered?

I have no idea, but I choose not to believe that all our coaching staff are blind, stupid nuffies who can't see the things we armchair critics see as obvious.

Darcy and Cox arent ready for 4 quarters yet, why destroy them in a practice game. You dont bring in 2 year old horses and start them in open company. Losing 10 experienced players from last years list is pretty close to a rebuild. Its hardly the same old. It was the eagles second practice game and they have got this week off. They needed to go hard. We should build a little more into the Collingwood game and give the Carlton game a red hot. Why not wait until after the Carlton game before you jump off the cliff.
Eagles play they rookie B , Watson , and another guy tarik buyok against premiership gws to give the oldies Mitchell and priddis some rest .

Eagles play they rookie B , Watson , and another guy tarik buyok against premiership gws to give the oldies Mitchell and priddis some rest .

The Eagles had a different run in with the 2 games first up then a weeks rest. Freo have 3 games on the trot. Different planning needed.
Is there anything that Fremantle does that pleases you? :rolleyes:

The Eagles had a different run in with the 2 games first up then a weeks rest. Freo have 3 games on the trot. Different planning needed.
Is there anything that Fremantle does that pleases you? :rolleyes:
No, not in JLT or NAB cup , Geraldton is the furthest of all game , should be the game for the kids , what you are trying so said is freo kids is not strong enough compare to eagles , they are sending a young side to face last year top 4 side.

If there's on thing that's worse than people blubbering on about something that nobody but a but of sad footy nerds would even bother to read, its when they do it and then sign off with a supplementary opinion that begins with "For what its worth...".

Yeah go on...read back through this thread and tell me that no-ones ever said that. As if I feckin' care!!!

No, not in JLT or NAB cup , Geraldton is the furthest of all game , should be the game for the kids , what you are trying so said is freo kids is not strong enough compare to eagles , they are sending a young side to face last year top 4 side.

We played 5 newbies plus Fyfe and Johnson who hadn't played for 10 months or so. Tucker, Langdon, Blakely and Weller all young and all played . Thats 11 who weren't regulars last season. What more do you want.

FFS , if we let go of Clarke will freo still not getting another ruckmen and play griff , we are F**king desperate for ruckmen yet only play sean Darcy at fourth quarter . Do we do a full rebuild or just hoping turn around in a year with the same old . Mentioning Neale and Sandi is not good enough. I would not have melt so hard had freo send in Collins ,cox and logue , at least I can give excusr eagles is beating a freo B team and players that just came back from injuries such as Johnson and fyfe.
Freo 'B' team? The only players we were missing from best 22 was Sandilands, Neale and if he gets back to full fitness, Bennell. The reason we got flogged was our lack of effort and lack of structure anywhere on the field. That's what the coaches are paid for.

Freo 'B' team? The only players we were missing from best 22 was Sandilands, Neale and if he gets back to full fitness, Bennell. The reason we got flogged was our lack of effort and lack of structure anywhere on the field. That's what the coaches are paid for.
You misread meima's post lw11. What he was saying is he would have been happier if the Eagles HAD beaten our B team - i.e. if we had taken more of the kids. Would be easier to swallow than effectively our A team getting beaten up.

You misread meima's post lw11. What he was saying is he would have been happier if the Eagles HAD beaten our B team - i.e. if we had taken more of the kids. Would be easier to swallow than effectively our A team getting beaten up.
Ahhhh my bad. Sorry meima, i've misunderstood. Yes, I agree that it was disheartening it was pretty much our full strength squad that copped a hiding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahhhh my bad. Sorry meima, i've misunderstood. Yes, I agree that it was disheartening it was pretty much our full strength squad that copped a hiding.

It was a strong squad but there were reasons for the showing with 5 new players in the squad, 2 recovering from serious food poisoning , 2 returning from long lay offs and a quartet of youngsters in the early part of their careers. WC had played a game already and knowing they didn't play for 2 weeks needed a serious blow out. I'm leaving my wrists intact until the Carlton game. If we have the same performance the microwave and the membership card will become one.

It was a strong squad but there were reasons for the showing with 5 new players in the squad, 2 recovering from serious food poisoning , 2 returning from long lay offs and a quartet of youngsters in the early part of their careers. WC had played a game already and knowing they didn't play for 2 weeks needed a serious blow out. I'm leaving my wrists intact until the Carlton game. If we have the same performance the microwave and the membership card will become one.
Carlton is not a top 4 side , and last year win against freo due to fyfe injury . b.hill and hamling I don't consider new player but experience young player that add value to the core group . (fyfe,Neale , s.hill, walters and Sandi). Anyway we all had different opinion supporting the same team . All I can said is I finally gave up on Suban . As for DP that is long time ago. I am not saying you are wrong but Tab training one one one should be hamling or Collins and not first year player logue.

*Dawson - what a good match up for Tab to improve before he retire or let go . Sending Tab to wafl is still the same thing .

Last edited:
Yes the Carlton game should shed some light on what direction we are going, but the early warning signs suggest Ross doesn't let our players
make the "Switch" naturally, an offensive, attacking style, we just seem to stop and pause.

Carlton is not a top 4 side , and last year win against freo due to fyfe injury . b.hill and hamling I don't consider new player but experience young player that add value to the core group . (fyfe,Neale , s.hill, walters and Sandi). Anyway we all had different opinion supporting the same team . All I can said is I finally gave up on Suban . As for DP that is long time ago. I am not saying you are wrong but Tab training one one one should be hamling or Collins and not first year player logue.

*Dawson - what a good match up for Tab to improve before he retire or let go . Sending Tab to wafl is still the same thing .

Freo aren't a top 4 side either .Carlton are similar to us and our ladder position. Carlton game should give us a good sighter on were we are heading this season. Tabs trains one on one on all the KPD,s incl Dawson. At the minute he is bigger and stronger than Logue and so he should be after 4 pre seasons. Suban. and DP are not in anybodies best 22 as far as I can tell. The more experienced also need practice games to see if they have any thing left to offer and were they sit in the clubs season. . A few will have had a line put through their name I would think.

Freo aren't a top 4 side either .Carlton are similar to us and our ladder position. Carlton game should give us a good sighter on were we are heading this season. Tabs trains one on one on all the KPD,s incl Dawson. At the minute he is bigger and stronger than Logue and so he should be after 4 pre seasons. Suban. and DP are not in anybodies best 22 as far as I can tell. The more experienced also need practice games to see if they have any thing left to offer and were they sit in the clubs season. . A few will have had a line put through their name I would think.
Why not give grey and deluca a chance before they are let go. with Yarran gone and Clarke LTI these players basically playing their life to stay on the list (with rookie paid) . suban , sutty ,ibbo and sherro all on decent salary compare to these two.

Why not give grey and deluca a chance before they are let go. with Yarran gone and Clarke LTI these players basically playing their life to stay on the list (with rookie paid) . suban , sutty ,ibbo and sherro all on decent salary compare to these two.

Grey and Deluca are rookies and can't play best 22 . Waste of time to play them .They will get their chance to show what they offer at Peel.

I don't think any of that justifies how poor freo were. Haemorrhaging from the centre where we had plenty of experience.

One thing I keep thinking about is how Ross speaks about learning to delegate and taking a load off himself. Great for him, but since it first came up at the start of last year we haven't looked organised across the whole field.

I can cop losing but when they walk it into the forward 50 you wonder what's going on. We were just consistently out of position.

Ross said work rate but the eagles were better structured. Hopefully just a blip but we don't look the well drilled unit we were.

True but they are available to play in the 22. They need to show what they have left as well.
I really don't know what do said , Yarran senior list is vacant , Clarke is on LTI . JLT should use to reward people that show something to be upgrade .deboer, c.pearce and lee spurr all go thorough this path when hassbly and bell all hang up their boots.

I must admit my surprise when hearing that Ross said that we're in the early stages of a 4 year rebuild. Many on here including me, are very happy with the quality of the list and some have even stated its the best list we've ever had! Most see us winning enough games to challenge for top 8.

Sorry Ross but that sounds like an excuse. And as E Shed says, if we are in fact in a rebuild, then play the bloody kids!

The next month will be very interesting. Hopefully we'll see some creative selection and an improvement in effort.
I wasn't sure whether this had been discussed already or not but it raised my hackles when he said it.
You don't put in a performance like that and then raise the "re-stump" white flag. It was like he was firing a shot across the bow of the press and supporters, an early warning that it's not going to be a great year. I don't think he needed to say that at that particularly time and it contradicts the whole "anyone, anywhere, anytime" mantra.

In fact it's the first time I've thought that RTB has said something in a presser that was unpleasant to hear from a supporters point of view.

I noticed that the transcript for the presser gets it wrong. It states
"We’ve got a dual narrative, we’re aiming high this year but we’ve also come off a full year rebuild last year..."

But what Ross really said was
"We’ve got a dual narrative, we’re aiming high this year but we all signed-off on a 4 year rebuild last year, really, re-stump, re-wire, re-plumb and that hasn't changed from list manager, president, CEO, coach, football operation manager and our leadership group."

Is this the first time RTB has used the term "rebuild"? and if it is a rebuild then this is definitely the first year, not the second. And where does the "4 years" come from? Following the doldrums of 2008 and 2009 we had a competitive and exciting group of players assembled by 2010 and as Scham suggests the state of the list this year is better than it was, say, back in 2008.

I don't know what others think but I think it was unnecessary, poor form RTB.

I really don't know what do said , Yarran senior list is vacant , Clarke is on LTI . JLT should use to reward people that show something to be upgrade .deboer, c.pearce and lee spurr all go thorough this path when hassbly and bell all hang up their boots.

Plenty of time to upgrade off the rookie list. Nyhuis and Uber are sitting on there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back