How will we go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a very real possibility Reg.
Essendon, Dogs, Port and Adelaide...the West Coast over in Perth
What was a given was that we would play dead prior to these games. If you look at my posts you will see I have predicted losses both times. I bet against us both times. But just wait.

Port got beat, Adelaide got a hiding by a team we gave a hiding to. Dogs barely beat the average Tigers. Port got thumped. We are playing loser sides!!! :D

What was a given was that we would play dead prior to these games. If you look at my posts you will see I have predicted losses both times. I bet against us both times. But just wait.

Port got beat, Adelaide got a hiding by a team we gave a hiding to. Dogs barely beat the average Tigers. Port got thumped. We are playing loser sides!!! :D
Not disagreeing with your past predictions, both good calls......I would never have picked us to drop games against BOTH Collingwood and the Suns.
I see nothing in our attitude or game plan to have the same optimism as you do looking ahead to the next month.
I hope you prove me wrong however

backing us to beat the Bombers, but we're not good enough to match a full-strength Dogs outfit
We've won 14 of the last 15 games against the Dogs. I'm hoping those ahead of me in the tipping are thinking similar to yourself.

I went 3-1... it wouldn't surprise me for us to go 4 and 0 either though, fully expect us to bw undefeated by the time we play out first game at KP

2-2 wouldn't be a pass mark IMO
- Pies off a short break and a wet game today, plus they have poor fwds/defenders there is no excuse
- Suns we should account for
- Bombers are not much chop
- Dogs my biggest worry but I'm not sure what to make of them yet this year
*sigh*

Not disagreeing with your past predictions, both good calls......I would never have picked us to drop games against BOTH Collingwood and the Suns.
I see nothing in our attitude or game plan to have the same optimism as you do looking ahead to the next month.
I hope you prove me wrong however
Nobody knows the future. We are all punters. But if we played Adelaide like we played against the Suns, and Adelaide played us like they have played so far (except Friday) records would be broke.

I have noted the way Scott has prepared teams for a series of tough games during the season, and the past few weeks has been cliche. We will play good. Whether we are good enough...well, you have to take the punt. ;)

Its a very real possibility Reg.
Essendon, Dogs, Port and Adelaide...the West Coast over in Perth
Many of the fancied sides also lost this week. A very open season beckons so it seems. Should win at least 2 of the 3 at KP. We don't lose at home often.
We turn up focused and we beat the Dons on Saturday. 3 games in 13 days, travel to Perth and 30deg heat. Should outrun them, just need to be switched on is all.

The pies are coming off a hard fought game in the wet. 5 day break with an injured Pendlebury and a Wells who will be very sore after his first game back. We have a 7 game break after beating the Saints at the Dome by 6 goals. I know this board is full of pessimists and we shouldn't underestimate any team... But, mark my words we are going to smash Collingwood. They are averaging about 75 points a game. This will be similar to the Hawthorn game.
No idea why you would pick this Collingwood game as the one we will drop.

It's always the one you least expect

Nobody knows the future. We are all punters. But if we played Adelaide like we played against the Suns, and Adelaide played us like they have played so far (except Friday) records would be broke.

I have noted the way Scott has prepared teams for a series of tough games during the season, and the past few weeks has been cliche. We will play good. Whether we are good enough...well, you have to take the punt. ;)
Not true Reg......I know the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting... A few of us picked the loss to Collingwood. And a few also picked the loss to Gold Coast.

Both transpired, almost and I feel almost exactly for the reasons those posters gave.

The next fortnight will tell us a lot. I don't think we're as bad as all the melters think we are.

Henderson to come back in. Guthrie is slowing getting a bit better every game. Dangerfield will come back out of his temporary Malaise following the rib knock. Scott Selwood and Kolo will soon be available. Menegola is coming into some great form. Cockatoo seems to get a little better every game. Duncan has gone elite in my opinion and is consistently playing great football.

Lots to look forward to in the coming month. We'll know a lot more in 2-3 after the port game.

4 on the trot coming up. Won't lose again till we go to Perth to play west coast the superstars at home, rubbish in Melb. Will get over the bombers and then relish playing at home for a few weeks and find some much needed form.

Last edited:
y_A7taLTUTc3qHsnxUUjWmIErT-solLfdG82AOJAEmj0TnNPRECEQln5spTyaqDvTPDBzkOSAhsaHZ7wrbd-DrFP2VYiZ880upGapUOTLIFbWSg6Ixfw_aLEoe-mdo45Og7ph2tUkLTmDc4dPqjqpeAER2aJ2wg=w347-h200-nc

what has happened since round 5 till now?

did we get to cocky being 5-0?
did our wins flatter us?
are we just s**t?
has chris scott started the rott?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back