MRP / Trib. The MRP chook lotto

Remove this Banner Ad

Mods can you please merge if we have a thread elsewhere.

From Michael Whiting re Rayner tribunal hearing:

Adrian Anderson will represent Brisbane's Cam Rayner.
He says they will plead not guilty because the tackle "was not careless and did nothing unreasonable in tackling a player with Ben Brown's momentum."
Anderson went on to say if the Tribunal considered Rayner was careless, "we consider impact was low, not high, in circumstances where his facial abrasions were caused by the hard area adjacent to cricket pitch."

I’ll be interested to see how they account for the Gabba cricket pitch if at all. I doubt Brown receives any injury if he was tackled anywhere else on the ground.

I’ll be interested to see how they account for the Gabba cricket pitch if at all. I doubt Brown receives any injury if he was tackled anywhere else on the ground.
if its careless does that become a consideration? i thought all consequences flowing from the careless act were considered to be on the player regardless of outside circumstances like the cricket pitch

I don't think the AFL would want to publically recognise that part of the playing surface is dangerous

if its careless does that become a consideration? i thought all consequences flowing from the careless act were considered to be on the player regardless of outside circumstances like the cricket pitch

Good call.

Hope Cam gets off - and Elixuh obviously has a direct line to the defence team…

“Rayner is talking about how hard the cricket square is - where Brown landed.

"Because it's a cricket wicket it's very tough and very hard in there," he said.

"If that tackle happened anywhere else on the ground I'm not sure those abrasions would have happened to Ben."”

Hope Cam gets off - and Elixuh obviously has a direct line to the defence team…

“Rayner is talking about how hard the cricket square is - where Brown landed.

"Because it's a cricket wicket it's very tough and very hard in there," he said.

"If that tackle happened anywhere else on the ground I'm not sure those abrasions would have happened to Ben."”

Wait, maybe Elixuh is Rayner not Ashcroft :O

"Should you be more careful if you know the ground is harder?"

* off mate.

Lol maybe they should have the pitch roped off with the groundskeepers standing inside the roped off area during games.

Also Cam should have been prepped for that question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol maybe they should have the pitch roped off with the groundskeepers standing inside the roped off area during games.

It is such a dumb question. If it came down to that question as to whether he's guilty or not I'd take it further Cripps style.

In my junior days we wouldn’t be allowed to tackle on the cricket pitch…. We would constantly head there with the ball because we knew we couldn’t be stopped… We were under 9s. Some grounds even went as far to chuck a rope up 😂

Andrew Woods (AFL) suggests Rayner should be aware that part of the ground was noticeably harder.

Free for all suits against the AFL for providing an unsafe work environment.

I demand they take out the cricket pitch and put in fluffy pillows.

Woods asks Rayner whether he's suggesting the force of the spin came from Brown rather than him.

"I don't believe I started the spin. I believe the angle he ran at me started the spin," Rayner said.

"Should you be more careful if you know the ground is harder?" Woods asks.

"In a split second contest it's probably not going through your mind," Rayner retorts.

Now the chairman Jeff Gleeson is suggesting Rayner created the momentum that led to the tackle's end result.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but weren't the AFL arguing that split second decisions are an excusethe other week? or was it the defense... gosh I don't know anymore.

Good stuff by Rayner. Prepared and cool headed

Correct me if i'm wrong, but weren't the AFL arguing that split second decisions are an excusethe other week? or was it the defense... gosh I don't know anymore.

Good stuff by Rayner. Prepared and cool headed
Rayner a candidate for the good bloke discount

Remove this Banner Ad

Back