Opinion The run to September, our ladder position after the H&A season?.

Where do finish the H&A season?

• 2nd

• 3rd

• 4th

• 5th

• 6th

• 7th

• 8th

• Miss finals

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

You need to get better source materials. This guy is a ******* and writes horrendous and often incorrect opinion pieces. Didn’t read.
I read and far and wide and actually saw the article on a Lions FB page, hence my post, if you think I post rubbish, get a load of this …………

Yeah me too.

I wonder what the ladder would look like without Round 1, or the Indigenous Round(s) or the Rivalry Round?

You can come up with all sorts of hypotheticals but none of them make one iota of difference to the reality of where we are.
The AFL has too many gimmick rounds

pretty sure hes the guy who wrote that dunkley was a terrible acquisition for brisbane and we should have gone after griffin logue instead

theroar is pretty mediocre at the best of times but that blokes an A grade idiot

100% a hater lol. Some of the stuff in there is perfectly true, we do need to be better at stopping scores inside 50, but this is the 3rd 'article' from him about us in the last 12 months and all of them have been extremely flawed.

So if we do end up winning the minor premiership all 83 of us who voted got it wrong!

Btw re finishing 1 v 2 ... there have been various times over the last few years (ie since we and finals got re-aquainted) where one side of the draw has been hideously evil (the side we were on of course) and the other side looked pretty much like a cakewalk (for someone else not us) ... was there any pattern as to which side was the evil one (and if so was it the side that 1 or 2 played on) or does it vary a bit?

Basically is there a benefit involved these days in first or is second actually a better place to land?

This is a classic trip up game for this team.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Congratulations and well prognosticated (or clinically insanely optimistic) to joshhem , MSB ROYS , luthor , fugitive , Melbourne Lion , Jubair , lionsrules , Jimmy Two Hands , 3KZ is Football , borrat , Black Magic 02 , Nuggo , Voss the boss , shayno, Harry Haller , jjami15 , bain22 , Chobo , alscotoz2 , oloan_tim , BangyBangy , Lovemybrisbane , Jackywats , LongLion , Dalions , FLVanLandingham , Lazza16 , LionCub29, JeffPapers , Royboy1961 , p4p1 , LionsOrDieTrion , rye , HereIGoAgain , aj1992 , 50Lions on correctly determining the final home and away season position!

🥳

I'm not one for making speeches, but I'd like to say thank you to the OP for not putting up an option for minor premier in the voting.

This award goes to you. I would never have selected 2nd if there was a better option ;)

Thank you M Malice

I'm not one for making speeches, but I'd like to say thank you to the OP for not putting up an option for minor premier in the voting.

This award goes to you. I would never have selected 2nd if there was a better option ;)

Thank you M Malice
Congratulations and well prognosticated (or clinically insanely optimistic) to joshhem , MSB ROYS , luthor , fugitive , Melbourne Lion , Jubair , lionsrules , Jimmy Two Hands , 3KZ is Football , borrat , Black Magic 02 , Nuggo , Voss the boss , shayno, Harry Haller , jjami15 , bain22 , Chobo , alscotoz2 , oloan_tim , BangyBangy , Lovemybrisbane , Jackywats , LongLion , Dalions , FLVanLandingham , Lazza16 , LionCub29, JeffPapers , Royboy1961 , p4p1 , LionsOrDieTrion , rye , HereIGoAgain , aj1992 , 50Lions on correctly determining the final home and away season position!

🥳
If Port beat the Tigers by roughly 180 points tomorrow we can still finish 3rd.... You're premature.

Edit- by 214-0, I missed it by that much.

Last edited:
I'm getting ahead of myself, but if we make it to the GF, will anything be put on at the Gabba, or is there any other place that will be buzzing with maroon, blue and gold to really enjoy the win? Getting to Melbourne isn't on the cards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

🥳
Was never in doubt :think::)

Leigh Montagna on the First Crack > the winner of the Demons v Magpies Qualifying Final wins the flag for me.

This is stating the obvious but beating Port would set us up nicely. We are on the GWS/Saints side of the draw which makes me sleep a bit easier than if we were on the Carlton/Sydney side.

Also if we beat Port, I reckon we will be playing a pretty beat up team in a qual from the other side of the draw.

Last edited:
Good to know.

For some reason everyone everywhere has now decided Melbourne just about has the flag in the bag.

Just keep the narrative going until we get to a Grand final.

"Oh, look over there, premiership favorites !!". Worked for us in the last few rounds of this season so I'm happy for anyone to take the spotlight off us.

Just keep the narrative going until we get to a Grand final.

"Oh, look over there, premiership favorites !!". Worked for us in the last few rounds of this season so I'm happy for anyone to take the spotlight off us.
It's not that hard to make a case for any of the Top 4 .

At this stage the biggest home ground advantage of any of the teams going into week 1 is us.

This is the most important game we've played in the Fagan era thus far because in hindsight in prior years even though we made prelims we weren't the best team going around . And went about as far as we could go.

It seems we have been counted out from day dot despite our form against other top 4 teams and our form against the top 8. We shat the best against Melbourne late at the MCG, no doubt but its strange that has now caused all the 'experts' to rule us out.

It seems we have been counted out from day dot despite our form against other top 4 teams and our form against the top 8. We shat the best against Melbourne late at the MCG, no doubt but its strange that has now caused all the 'experts' to rule us out.

Happy to sneak into a Grand final via home QF+PF and win one.

Call us whatever - underwhelming, not good enough, blah blah blah - all I care about is winning that cup and becoming Premiers 2023.

melbourne is the one team this group knows for sure they can beat on the mcg in a final. would prefer to play against them than a full strength collingwood there to be honest
Personally I think Melbourne will be the team to beat.
I think they beat Collingwood in the Qualifying Final and if we want to make the Grand Final we will have to beat Collingwood at the Gabba in a Prelim as long as we get over Port.

Back