Opinion The run to September, our ladder position after the H&A season?.

Where do finish the H&A season?

• 2nd

• 3rd

• 4th

• 5th

• 6th

• 7th

• 8th

• Miss finals

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s pretty reasonable for supporters to express reservations about how we’re travelling given we’re not exactly firing on all cylinders at the minute.
Fwiiw overall I find most of the stuff put up here to be mild compared to what some supporters say privately. They're experienced football people as well.

Then change their mind the next week when yesterday's villain is today's hero.

If you think AFL supporters are fickle try soccer. Or cricket. Or any team sport really.

It’s pretty reasonable for supporters to express reservations about how we’re travelling given we’re not exactly firing on all cylinders at the minute.
The fact that we are still in the hunt for top 2 and not playing near our best football is good cause for optimism.

Fwiiw overall I find most of the stuff put up here to be mild compared to what some supporters say privately. They're experienced football people as well.

Then change their mind the next week when yesterday's villain is today's hero.

If you think AFL supporters are fickle try soccer. Or cricket. Or any team sport really.
"Experienced" footy people tend to be THE most critical, mainly because they believe they could do better. In my experience, a decent percentage are somewhat bitter that they never had the skill/nous/luck to get to the top level.

Also, it's far easier to be instantly critical and negative about thing rather than parking emotion and considering there are things they don't know about.

The last sentence is also true and says more about human nature than anything else.

Has this ever actually worked?
Roos to Longmire or Roos to Goodwin?

Sheedy to Williams, Malthouse to Buckley, Clarkson to Mitchell - all less so for one reason or another.

"Experienced" footy people tend to be THE most critical, mainly because they believe they could do better. In my experience, a decent percentage are somewhat bitter that they never had the skill/nous/luck to get to the top level.

Also, it's far easier to be instantly critical and negative about thing rather than parking emotion and considering there are things they don't know about.

The last sentence is also true and says more about human nature than anything else.
Well of course.

In high charged environments which watching a footy game can be most tend to shoot from the hip first and ask questions later.

You can park emotion and consider whatever else needs to be considered and still be critical and negative.

Some of the experienced footy people have played 100 plus games reasonably well. Generally they're phlegmatic and accepting of the randomness of the game , some go off like a firecracker at the smallest of things, just like supporters who haven't played any games and have no first hand experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Experience also helps to see flaws in players and teams that while not glaring to us, are there but not all that significant in the scheme of things.

Roos to Longmire or Roos to Goodwin?

Sheedy to Williams, Malthouse to Buckley, Clarkson to Mitchell - all less so for one reason or another.
I forgot about Roos. Not knowing the Hinkley situation though, the Roos ones worked because he didn't want to continue coaching. If Hinkley does then that will present issues.

Looking at the fixture, Port have undoubtedly the easiest fixture of us and Melbourne particularly now that Richmond are having their emotionally charged finales for Cotchin and Riewoldt this week in Melbourne instead of it being against Port. I think Port are going to have a field day against Tigers in the last round.

If we can’t beat Pies this week I suspect our only chance of finishing second is praying that Freo have the game of their lives against Port and Swans do the same against Dees in the final round.

I just hope we take care of business ourselves.

Can anyone see a future where we beat Pies this week, only to **** the bed against a team we should beat comfortably in the last round to cost us top 2, or is that just me? Would be as funny as it would sad, given everyone just assumes we win this week, and we've locked it away,
Absolutely. Next week is right in our sweet spot of losing a game we should win simply due to not being adequately prepared. Like against Port, Hawthorn and Gold Coast.

St Kilda have been impressive the last couple of weeks, particularly in attack, and I never thought I'd be saying that about a Ross Lyon coached team.

Really hoping they beat Geelong tomorrow and other results go their way so they have less to play for next week.

Absolutely. Next week is right in our sweet spot of losing a game we should win simply due to not being adequately prepared. Like against Port, Hawthorn and Gold Coast.

St Kilda have been impressive the last couple of weeks, particularly in attack, and I never thought I'd be saying that about a Ross Lyon coached team.

Really hoping they beat Geelong tomorrow and other results go their way so they have less to play for next week.

I cannot see St Kilda beating us at the Gabba. Dees, Crows and Cats are the only teams to get within 2 goals there, and all have strengths that can trouble us - the Crows and Cats up forward, and Dees in the midfield and in playing after a 40 minute light delay.

Saints do not have a strong midfield and while their forward line has been better as you say the last few weeks they've only scored against Richmond and Hawthorn. In the last 7 games they've cracked 80 points 3 times against West Coast, Tigers, Hawks. They failed to even hit 70 points against the kangaroos (mainly due to inaccuracy).

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Kane Cornes saying the Lions are now his favourites for the flag... said if he was Port he would rather play Demons or Magpies at the MCG than the Lions at the Gabba.

Kane Cornes saying the Lions are now his favourites for the flag... said if he was Port he would rather play Demons or Magpies at the MCG than the Lions at the Gabba.
I think it could be any of the top 5 (including carlton), it depends on the day - although if we do finish top 2 hopefully we can finally use it to make/win the gf...

With 1 round to go:
COLL
1st – Win or Lose and Bris Lose
2nd – Lose and Bris Win

Bris
1st – Win and Col Lose
2nd – Win and Col Win
3rd – Lose and Mel wins/port win both games
4th – Lose and Mel win and Port win both games

Port
2nd – Win both games and Bris Lose
3rd – Win both games and Bris Win