Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

But the Show is quite good. It’s not SOA level of Binge but we have watched it from the first year and gets better. End of last season is a bit silly but these first two have been rippers.

The show lacks the menace of the movie. Especially Mendelson
I watched a bit of it a little while back and it seemed to be following the major beats of the movie, but I kind of lost interest once the watered-down Mendo made an appearance. It seems like I need to persevere with it a bit more then.

I watched a bit of it a little while back and it seemed to be following the major beats of the movie, but I kind of lost interest once the watered-down Mendo made an appearance. It seems like I need to persevere with it a bit more then.
Yeh it’s a time filler crime show
The movie just had a mood and sense of evil about it.
Pope is the closest to evil but he has contradictions in his behaviour that gives light and shade.
Probably the most evil is Smurf. She is a master manipulator.
The great thing about the current and last season is that you get an in to how both got to where they are

Keen to check out the new Masters of the Universe when it gets released at 5pm.
Reviews have been solid so far, so hopefully it'll be a decent watch and not too focused on Teela.

If you want to see what a global meltdown looks like go to IMDB and check out the reviews. A lot of sensitive souls. I didn't mind it for the nostalgia.

If you want to see what a global meltdown looks like go to IMDB and check out the reviews. A lot of sensitive souls. I didn't mind it for the nostalgia.

Yeah all the review websites it has been smashed, google, rotten tomatoes etc.
I also didn't mind it, it wasn't fantastic but it was easily watchable and made me curious for the next season.

Occupied: Norwegian political drama about Russian, you guessed it, occupation. Some clever parts in an interesting hypothetical scenario. However it's let down by moments out of a soap opera. Overall worth a try. 6.5/10.

People Just Do Nothing: Hilarious mockumentary about an impoverished group that has an underground radio station in London. Funniest show I've seen since Curb. 9/10.

Just started watching Animal Kingdom. I enjoyed the first 2 episodes. It does have a sort of sons on anarchy feel too it. I hope it’s not repetitive like SOA was.

I've enjoyed Animal Kingdom and it is its own show, more or less unrelated to the movie but like SOA I am kind of worried there is a cliff that its falling off. Still season 5 is just starting and so there's plenty of good episodes ahead for you.

The flashbacks started off interesting but should have ended with season 4 imo

Last edited:
Becky (2020) R Rated

Kevin James and Lulu Wilson are the 2 main protagonists

I dont watch much KJ so wasnt tainted by his previous persona overtaking the watch - yet a friend did

I actually kept on wondering if it was a mini Big Show (WWE Wrestler)

The opening sequence was clever and the movie itself was ok. Very very gory and one scene is oh boy look away now

Kevin and his nazi mates escape from prison and find a family in a remote cabin location - this cabin is important to KJs character and drives the movie once they reveal it

Lulu is nicely described as ' a real vindictive bitch' and carries off the performance quite well

Overall a nice gory schlock movie that shouldnt be watched just before bed

8/10

Becky (2020) R Rated

I dont watch much KJ so wasnt tainted by his previous persona overtaking the watch - yet a friend did

The opening sequence was clever and the movie itself was ok. Very very gory and one scene is oh boy look away now

Kevin and his nazi mates escape from prison and find a family in a remote cabin location - this cabin is important to KJs character and drives the movie once they reveal it

Lulu is nicely described as ' a real vindictive b*tch' and carries off the performance quite well

8/10
Stopped reading at Kevin James

We watched the documentary called "Pray Away" recently. It's about the awful gay conversion therapy used by religious institutions that don't work and is just harmful to those who undertake it. So glad our Vic State gov has passed a law making it illegal in Victoria.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Becky (2020) R Rated

Lulu is nicely described as ' a real vindictive b*tch' and carries off the performance quite well

8/10
I couldn’t get past KJ in this - felt he was horribly cast. An ok movie but didn’t do it for me.

Loving F is for Family. Fourth series is starting to wane so maybe good thing it's done at the end of season 5.

1970s America seemed so bleak.

Loving F is for Family. Fourth series is starting to wane so maybe good thing it's done at the end of season 5.

1970s America seemed so bleak.

….ummm having lived it as a kid so was most of the 70’s in Australia (aside from North) and I look at these kids and go “truth”.

The early episode in Season 1 where the boys play with the new colour tv break it had me in stitches.

It was when the current Baby Boomers were Parents and they had their Parents instil into them the fear of the loss of $ having lived through the horror of war and Depression.

If you want a huge distraction get onto Netflix and “911 The turning point”

Basically covers the day, and the events and reasons of the past 20 years there and in Iraq and Afghanistan with survivors, politicians, soldiers, politicians and opponents.

Missed not have GWB which robs some perspective, but certainly engaging

Came across Post Mortem (No one ever dies in Skarnes) yesterday and went in cold. At first I had no idea what I was watching but it grew on me, I won’t say any more because I think the first 10 minutes are great if you have no idea whats going on.

Last edited:
Occupied: Norwegian political drama about Russian, you guessed it, occupation. Some clever parts in an interesting hypothetical scenario. However it's let down by moments out of a soap opera. Overall worth a try. 6.5/10.

People Just Do Nothing: Hilarious mockumentary about an impoverished group that has an underground radio station in London. Funniest show I've seen since Curb. 9/10.

I liked Occupied a lot. I thought it was credible and interesting,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back