Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched the first half last night. Hope to watch the rest tonight. It's fat eagle jumpsuit time.
I went away thinking, and maybe it was the conclusion the producers wanted you to come to but the time that he spent making movies in the 60s killed his musical career. A time of fundamental change in almost everything and Elvis was making movies that pretended America was stuck in 1955 for perpetuity.

I went away thinking, and maybe it was the conclusion the producers wanted you to come to but the time that he spent making movies in the 60s killed his musical career. A time of fundamental change in almost everything and Elvis was making movies that pretended America was stuck in 1955 for perpetuity.
There is some truth to this

While bands were building fan bases through touring Parker was content with the income as executive producer

I have seen that one during the 40-minute "Scroll Through Netflix Catalogue" show I watch a few times a week.
Then onto Stan, and Binge and still can’t find nothing...this has replaced the aimless minutes of arguing and indecision of Videoezy and Blockbuster of 20 years ago

Shadow and Bone

Couple of episodes in and it's ok. Fantasy based and I assume the books were more aimed at a teen audience but can be watched by anyone
You are right, read where Shadow and Bone is based on the books of the (Grisha Trilogy) series written by Leigh Bardugo where the lead character is Alina Starkov, however the characters with the lead Kaz and he’s crew is based on (Six Crows) Duology series also written by Leigh Bardugo which is set after the Shadow and Bone series, they decided to bring these characters in early, to introduce them, the story line where Kaz and he’s crew are after Alina Starkov for the big reward is not in the books it was done for the TV series, presuming at some stage Six of Crows series will come into play

Last edited:
Dunno if this should be in the Upcoming thread, but new show coming next year from the makers of Dark.
It is called 1899, it is says it a mystery and horror, it’s to be set on a ship with multinational immigrants travelling from London to New York, when they come across another ship that is adrift

Here’s hoping it is as good as Dark

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sons of Sam

A documentary outlining a case as to why there could have been more than one person doing the killing sin the summer of 76 and into 77.

Two episodes in and its from the point of view of the person presenting the theory so there are no hard questions asked of the holes - ironically there is enough there to present a good argument

I think a more balanced approach - asking and accepting some of the answers may swing one way or the other and letting the viewer decide - would make for a better approach

Sons of Sam

A documentary outlining a case as to why there could have been more than one person doing the killing sin the summer of 76 and into 77.

Two episodes in and its from the point of view of the person presenting the theory so there are no hard questions asked of the holes - ironically there is enough there to present a good argument

I think a more balanced approach - asking and accepting some of the answers may swing one way or the other and letting the viewer decide - would make for a better approach
I thought it was interesting, but not the best to watch if you're a bit tired as the subdued/depressed tone of the series will soon send you to sleep LOL. Or maybe it was the hushed nature of Paul Giamatti's narration. How many serial killer cases of that era show just the utter incompetence of the police back then. Too many really. Too much politics involved too. I agree it's a one-sided take on the case. But there's no way Berkowitz was acting alone. Even the cops eventually admitted it.

That's what I got from the trailer. Looked like a superhero soapy though. Did not make me want to give it a go. Gave me a whiney millennial vibe.
Which is bizarre, given it’s based on work by Mark Millar and originally had Daredevil’s showrunner behind it. He left over creative differences so something must be up.

Last edited:
That's what I got from the trailer. Looked like a superhero soapy though. Did not make me want to give it a go. Gave me a whiney millennial vibe.
Thats certainly come through

The older generation are cardboard cutouts dudley do-rights and the children are rebelling against that

R.I.P.D. (2013)

Surprised to see this was 2013 because I hadnt heard of it

Ryan Reynolds , Jeff Bridges and Kevin Bacon star in this paranormal activity comedy actioner about a police department in the afterlife keeping an eye on 'deados' back on earth

Has a strong MIB feel - I can imagine the pitch being ''MIB but in the afterlife'' - before Deadpool so Reynolds is evolving his wisecracking style in this

Kevin Bacon hams it up as a cop but Jeff Bridges goes the whole pig with his portrayal of a western lawman. Mary Louise Parker is the Boss of the squad room and is fine

Its not terrible but nor is it good. It has its moments but it really hides nothing as the twists are there to see - one small fun bit is the view of the 2 from other peoples perspective - but I'm not sure it adds a lot to this

I can see the potential for a TV series but it would need to tighten up some areas

6/10 because I did laugh once or twice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back