Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Nailbomber Manhunt brought back some memories, a friend of mine left the Admiral Duncan about five minutes before the bomb went off and my brother who was working just around the corner got evacuated. By the time I got in touch with him to make sure that he was okay he was so pissed that he rang me the next morning to check in totally forgetting he'd spoken to me the night before.

As someone who knew nothing about the attacks I thought they tried to jam in too much for a doco that just goes a bit over an hour. Multiple different angles that could have been covered further.

As someone who knew nothing about the attacks I thought they tried to jam in too much for a doco that just goes a bit over an hour. Multiple different angles that could have been covered further.
They could have easily made it a three parter with an episode on each bombing.

They could have easily made it a three parter with an episode on each bombing.

Yup - could also have had more detail on what the neo-Nazi's were actually doing - the evolution/history of the BNP - stuff like that.

Apologies if been discussed but just stumbled upon a true life doco.

Believe Me.

True story about the abduction and rape of a young Lisa Mcvey.

Sensational account of a true life event of a trouble teen with an upbringing you would not wish on anyone. Next minute she is abducted and raped and just happens to be let go by her attacker. Little would she know that convincing the Police of what happened would be her greatest challenge sadly.

Must watch and sensational viewing.

Anyone else thoroughly underwhelmed by Season 2 of Love, Death + Robots? Animation was still pretty epic but lacked in variety and the plots were all very surface level compared to Season 1. Also, less than half the amount of episodes. Seemed pretty rushed.

Yep pretty much posted the exact same thing in the 'TV shows' thread.

Sorry to double post but this is probably the better thread anyway;

Disappointed in volume two of Love, Death and Robots on Netflix, I assume they'll be more (only 8 episodes compared to 18 in volume 1).

The graphics are still stunning but although volume one was all over the place, I felt like that was kind of the point and there were some interesting stories in amongst it. The 8 new episodes just didn't grab me at all with the best of them being ok but pretty well trodden Sci-Fi concepts and the worst feeling like first drafts.

Agree with both of the above. Season 2 was a huge step down from 1. Snow in the desert and pop squad were OK, the giant one too I guess. The rest I thought were poor. The ones I enjoyed most would not have been in the top 10 of season 1, or may have just snuck in at best.

Nailbomber Manhunt brought back some memories, a friend of mine left the Admiral Duncan about five minutes before the bomb went off and my brother who was working just around the corner got evacuated. By the time I got in touch with him to make sure that he was okay he was so pissed that he rang me the next morning to check in totally forgetting he'd spoken to me the night before.
I recently watched the Unabomber Manhunt show and thought it was good, if this is along the lines of that I might watch it as well

Monkey!!! Ok so may you to had to have been there but I was there and it was magnificent- as a young western kid growing up in the 80s you’d never seen anything remotely like it when the ABC decided to screen it. That particular form of batshit craziness it seems only the Japanese can pull off...absurd, surreal, slapstick, philosophical, violent (even occasionally sinister)...the weirdness in tone works thanks to sheer imagination and the genuine commitment of the performances.

Caught a few episodes after all this time and found myself sucked in again, and it’s not all nostalgia. I don’t think I could recommend it to a novice (and does take a couple of episodes to hit its stride), but it’s worth a look for that glorious opening sequence and the hilarious performances by the voice actors on the dubbing (talk about committed!). Great fun.

Last edited:

Believe Me.

Sensational account of a true life event of a trouble teen with an upbringing you would not wish on anyone. Next minute she is abducted and raped and just happens to be let go by her attacker. Little would she know that convincing the Police of what happened would be her greatest challenge sadly.

Was an interesting watch due to being a true story. Type of true story you then read up on. Thought the production/acting was a bit midday movie-esque.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Sweet tooth - enjoying it and kids love it so good to find something we all like to watch

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
That baby that was half puppy was so god damn cute sent the missus into overdrive. We watched the first ep and agree it was very good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Believe Me.

Watched this - was ok, the lead girl was very good but the production had the ''day time tv' feel even with the very visible and noticable ad break blackouts. Given the subject matter, I compared it to the other netflix series "unbelieveable" which was a lot better (doesn't take anything away - it was ok but this series was significantly better).

Blue Murder is now on Netflix. I hadn't watched it for years and watched half of it last night. It is as great as I remember.
I missed this when it first aired back in the day, and haven't managed to catch up it with since then so I guess now's the time!

i noticed 'two hands' was on netflix - good movie and still holds up well 20 years on IMHO
u
its in my top 5 Aussie films of all time. Netflix has put a bunch of classic Aussie movies up, Don's Party is there, that movie is pure debauchery but i love it!

Also doing a search for Australian i see the following
Bad Boy Bubby!!
The Tracker
The Nugget
Crackerjack
They're a Weird Mob
Puberty Blues
Walkabout (also in my top 5 aussie films)
Malcolm
The Babadook
Head On
Breaker Morant
Predesitnation
Evil Angels (known as Cry in the Dark on Netflix)
CAreful he might hear you
The Dish
Gallipoli (top 5)
Lion
Babe
Sirens (only for perverts)

And a lot of others but the above are all worth watching for many reasons .

u
its in my top 5 Aussie films of all time. Netflix has put a bunch of classic Aussie movies up, Don's Party is there, that movie is pure debauchery but i love it!

Also doing a search for Australian i see the following
Bad Boy Bubby!!
The Tracker
The Nugget
Crackerjack
They're a Weird Mob
Puberty Blues
Walkabout (also in my top 5 aussie films)
Malcolm
The Babadook
Head On
Breaker Morant
Predesitnation
Evil Angels (known as Cry in the Dark on Netflix)
CAreful he might hear you
The Dish
Gallipoli (top 5)
Lion
Babe
Sirens (only for perverts)

And a lot of others but the above are all worth watching for many reasons .
Reckon Netflix got hit by the local content regulations finally.

Casual documentary series "We are Champions" or something similar.

Narrated by Rainn Wilson (Dwight the Office) follows a bunch of niche sports competitors from around the world competing in things like YoYoing, chasing cheese down a hill, eating chillies and training frogs to jump.

Very enjoyable background TV.

Just started watching the comedy series The Kaminski Method starring Michael Douglas.

Its the funniest thing ive seen in ages. Reminds me of the movie Grumpy Old Men, except the writing in this Netflix series is much better. My father put me on to it and im usually skeptical about his recommendations, but i watched 6 episodes of Season 1 before going to bed. Couldnt stop clicking on next episode hehe. Just beginning season 3 now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back