Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Watched another ep of BAD SPORT.

" NEED FOR WEED "
About Randy Lanier, the biggest dope importer in America in the mid-80's who used his funds to got motor racing.
I watched this one last night. Not bad. Got real awkward though when the interviewer asked him if he knew about the 2 guys who died when they were getting the weed off the ship. From the prolonged silence you could tell he knew but didn't want to admit it.

Not sure that many of the other eps in this series interest me, not really into horses or figure skating. Maybe the soccer scandal.
What struck me though is that I've never heard of any of these sportspeople in this series, they don't seem all that well known.
Unlike say Broke in 30 for 30, where almost everyone is known or familiar.

I watched this one last night. Not bad. Got real awkward though when the interviewer asked him if he knew about the 2 guys who died when they were getting the weed off the ship. From the prolonged silence you could tell he knew but didn't want to admit it.

Not sure that many of the other eps in this series interest me, not really into horses or figure skating. Maybe the soccer scandal.
What struck me though is that I've never heard of any of these sportspeople in this series, they don't seem all that well known.
Unlike say Broke in 30 for 30, where almost everyone is known or familiar.
Surely you know Hansie Cronje ?

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
So I've watched the first 4 episodes. Enjoyed the first 2, not the next 2. The first couple I thought it was building to something scary. The next 2 it's like it stopped trying to be scary and became a bible study group.

I know it's about religion but if I keep watching is it 3 more hours of monologues about the bible, life, death, forgiveness, etc? I'm a pretty massive wuss with horror stuff but I haven't even found this unnerving in the slightest yet. Now having just seen what's wearing the coat and hat I'm finding it even less so.

I guess what I want to know is, did you enjoy episode 3 and 4? I'm trying to decide whether to finish it.

Only my opinion but I thought eps 5 and 6 were the best. There is plenty of dialog about life and death, with some bible stuff too, but the action ramps up also. Maybe watch ep 5 and see how you go.

Cosmic Sin

Pros
- The concept was okay I guess...

Cons
- Awful acting with the highlight being one of the shittest performances from a supposedly top line star (Bruce Willis)
- Awful predictable plot
- Awful SFX and design
- Awful dialogue

Don't waste your time unless you want to see one of the worst movies ever made in the past few years. 1/10 (I rounded up)

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
I'm fairly new to Netflix so I have been watching a few of the older TV shows.

I have just completed the Queens Gambit, I was a little surprised at how much I enjoyed a show about Chess, but they managed to make it exciting and suspenseful and it was brilliantly acted, especially by Anja Taylor-Joy.

I've just started watching Unbelievable, which is a very tough watch, not because its a poorly made show but because of the subject matter.
You aren’t a Netflixer if you haven’t watched ‘Making a Murderer’ and the ‘Staircase’

You aren’t a Netflixer if you haven’t watched ‘Making a Murderer’ and the ‘Staircase’
Tried. Gave up on both before the end of the first episode.

Happy to be a non-Netflixer. :D

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
I have the premium Netflix subscription but I can’t find any Dolby atmos content? Does anyone else have this problem?
They have sweet FA Dolby Atmos content. it'll only be in the 4K movies and apparently, the Dolby Atmos logo will be in the description. But I'm yet to see it.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
After the success of Only Murders in the Building Netflix have rushed out a Martin and Short live show from about 5 years ago

Both are polished entertainers and it's a good 1 hour 13 minute show.

One or two very funny bits, one or two not so funny and one that even 5 years on falls flat.

Back