Toast The New Carlton Thread: 5 wooden spoons this century (next worst is 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

My barber is a typical stirring fairweather Carlton supporter who really doesn’t study the game.
Yesterday I called to make two bookings at his shop; one for Nick Daicos the other for Scott Pendlebury.

If anyone wants his number, DM me.
Guys
There’s a part 2 to this.

Wednesday morning, I bumped into his coworker, Nick, a Bulldogs supporter , at a coffee shop.
I asked Nick what mood Sam was in after I called. Nick didn’t know what I was talking about. I explained. He laughed and said Sam had said nothing with us both realising this meant it had really eaten Sam.

Every Wednesday is Sam’s day off. Including yesterday.
So today, Nick is now going to say to Sam; “ You’ll never believe who came in for a haircut yesterday?”
After Sam says “Who?”
The response will be Nick Daicos and Scott Pendlebury!!!!

Aaaaah to be a fly on the wall.

I also think Jordan Russell deserves special mention.
He so obviously didn’t have his heart in playing for Collingwood in 2013.
Forever a blue.
I can imagine how it would irk him every time we beat Carlton still.

Guys

Wednesday morning, I bumped into his coworker, Nick, a Bulldogs supporter , at a coffee shop.
I asked Nick what mood Sam was in after I called. Nick didn’t know what I was talking about. I explained. He laughed and said Sam had said nothing with us both realising this meant it had really eaten Sam.

So today, Nick is now going to say to Sam; “ You’ll never believe who came in for a haircut yesterday?”
After Sam says “Who?”

Sam will be looking very closely at our game v WCE to see what type of cut SP and ND received at his establishment.

Guys

After Sam says “Who?”

😂

Forever a blue.

I’d forgotten about Jordan Russell. One of those (looking back now) weird recruitments of Buckley’s early coaching. Russell probably thought it was weird too. Maybe it was part of the whole Malthouse-to-Carlton conspiracy thingy, when we were looking for new and better ways to destroy Carlton.

We nearly succeeded.

Forever a blue.
Good call. I do remember him throwing himself in at Collingwood and was said to be great with the VFL kids even when his season wasn't working out for him. I found this little interview he did with Pendles late in the season talking about the VFL. He is definitely talking we Carlton and you Collingwood even late in this Collingwood season.

Lovely seeing Andy in such pain

This is the specific curse of cheating in '95

And the general curse of being all-time campaigners
I have to say while I generally concur, I respect Andy for letting his obvious bias, passion and justified angst be put to
air uncut and unfettered.

Same. One of the first things I thought of after the siren last week was looking forward to seeing his sulky face on Bloose radio 😆
Don't get me wrong.
I love his misery, but it takes a special person to let the world in on their misery....for 20+ years.

Don't get me wrong.
I love his misery, but it takes a special person to let the world in on their misery....for 20+ years.
That's only because they were so damn cocky they were going to win. Arrogant Blues supporters.

Hopefully they are super sulky tonight too.

Although I can't barrack for my second most hated team in Dee's either. I just hope they belt the shit out of each other tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's only because they were so damn cocky they were going to win. Arrogant Blues supporters.

Hopefully they are super sulky tonight too.

Although I can't barrack for my second most hated team in Dee's either. I just hope they belt the s**t out of each other tbh.
Loving the sulky tonight comment.
On the other side and on my point.
I was specifically on about Andy Maher.

No way known I would put my demeanor during matches on public display.
Last season was a blessing but since 1972 I have suffered as all Woodsman and Women.
I was at the 77 draw. Watched the replay loss.
Rode every GF loss thereafter until 1990 which, when your in you 20's, was a lifetime.
2010 was now less a lifetime.

Once you're into 2 decade territory you're looking at personality changing levels of disappointment.

I hate Carton and Ninthmond as much or more than anyone but can really respect the supporters who cling to the faint hope.

In closing while I enjoy and look forward to Andy's suffering continuing for many decades I respect his open sharing of his agony, it's a type of strength worthy of recognition.

Loving the sulky tonight comment.
On the other side and on my point.
I was specifically on about Andy Maher.

No way known I would put my demeanor during matches on public display.
Last season was a blessing but since 1972 I have suffered as all Woodsman and Women.
I was at the 77 draw. Watched the replay loss.
Rode every GF loss thereafter until 1990 which, when your in you 20's, was a lifetime.
2010 was now less a lifetime.

Once you're into 2 decade territory you're looking at personality changing levels of disappointment.

I hate Carton and Ninthmond as much or more than anyone but can really respect the supporters who cling to the faint hope.

In closing while I enjoy and look forward to Andy's suffering continuing for many decades I respect his open sharing of his agony, it's a type of strength worthy of recognition.
I was mostly referring to Andy too. They're doing their silly little Bloose radio again tonight. Obviously they think they're a sure thing tonight too.

Heard them talking about potentially inviting a Carlscum supporter to sit in on their show in the future.

But how glorious it would be to see even more miserable Blues supporters 😆

I'm also scarred from the Blues beating us in GF's ..hence my loathing of them. But I definitely don't respect any of their supporters.

Did you see him sook about having to fill in another 30 minutes after last week's loss? 😂
I did.
I don’t listen to SEN so don’t know if this is their main game broadcast, or a secondary channel.
I did enjoy him realising he had 30 minutes to try and justify how the filth should be premiership favourites.

I did.
I don’t listen to SEN so don’t know if this is their main game broadcast, or a secondary channel.
I did enjoy him realising he had 30 minutes to try and justify how the filth should be premiership favourites.
Thankfully they have 2 broadcasts when this silly Bloose radio is on, so you do have a choice which one you want to listen to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back