The Next Two Weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not swithing on and off, it's changing the game plan for a quarter or 2. It's called having a game plan A, B and C.
It's a tactic in most other invasion sports. When you skip out to a lead, still go just as hard in terms of effort defensively, but run a slower offence to conserve energy and take some time out of the game

I want to see one at least one 100+ point flogging

The bye is close so resting is less important than rounds 18 onwards

Maybe Crisp can start sub one game, so his streak is kept and gets a rest in somewhere
Agree with this (about the 100 point smash), but I think selective resting over the next two weeks would be good. We need to treat the game against Melbourne as the first final - if we win it should all but lock us into a top 2 spot (which is the first important achievement this team needs). Even so, we probably are close to untouchable for top 2, but to put some more buffer against a fellow top 4 side is important.

I'd rest one of our older midfielders next week (Mitchell or Pendles) next week to freshen them up to take on an Oliver-less Melbourne midfield, which is where that game will be determined.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back