Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s Ross’s clever quote this week ?

“ sometimes I feel like, like .. a de-fanged cobra ? … yeah,yeah … but its not an excuse”

I mean, I hate Richmond and every other flog side in the afl - at this stage I hate everything relating to footy, sports, life etc. But, it’s a bit bizarre that more isn’t made of just how dirty hardwick did the tigers on the way out. Squeezed everything out of a mature side, topped up with a couple of overpriced hacks, then played the mental health card to gtfo when it was obvious it was over.

What a ****ing s**tstain of a person. My vote goes to Damian Hardwick as the footy world’s numero uno ****wick.

I mean, I hate Richmond and every other flog side in the afl - at this stage I hate everything relating to footy, sports, life etc. But, it’s a bit bizarre that more isn’t made of just how dirty hardwick did the tigers on the way out. Squeezed everything out of a mature side, topped up with a couple of overpriced hacks, then played the mental health card to gtfo when it was obvious it was over.

What a ******* sh*tstain of a person. My vote goes to Damian Hardwick as the footy world’s numero uno heckwick.

Some Tiger faithful are starting to turn on Gale for letting him get away with it.

Chicken 💩 delivery to Punt Rd incoming.

Most of them are and I reckon Lynch has 18 months left, doesn’t mean he wouldn’t feast on our defence. You can gaurantee Martin would find a way to have an impact too.

I flicked between 2 games tonight and 2 teams have a world of hurt incoming, but one did, and the other could feast on us right now. Available players pending.

Richmond have serious issues. Zero youth. They can’t buy their way out of this. There’s 3 drafts until the Tassie team pilfer all the youth?

What a ******* sh*tstain of a person. My vote goes to Damian Hardwick as the footy world’s numero uno heckwick.
Yeah pretty poor how he jumped ship as soon as he saw trouble.

Hell, I'd take the hole Richmond have been dropped into by Dimma, if it came with a refund of winning 3 premierships.

Instead we got Brad doing what he did, and now the dark period.

Hell, I'd take the hole Richmond have been dropped into by Dimma, if it came with a refund of winning 3 premierships.

Instead we got Brad doing what he did, and now the dark period.
Hardwick did what any coach would do. Squeeze the life out of what you have and who you trust. Then he bailed.

Mind you, I get where Richmond supporters are coming from. I was there post 1999. You want more.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

such a thrilling game …..
wonder who tigs have an eye on for the draft….
Its a mystery! I wonder, would they even contemplate picking someone like 194cm mid/half forward Josh Smillie or nah surely they have their eyes on someone else; very stern look.

"Quint" is the Richmond football team, its all over, they aint gonna make it, their going down! Farewell adieu
richard dreyfuss jaws GIF
to you fair spanish ladies, farewell adieu to you ladies of Spain, for we've recieved orders to sail back to Boston, NEVER MORE SHALL WE SEE YOU AGAIN!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do believe he was burnt out, but tiger supporters have every right to feel aggrieved. Felt shit seeing Shaw have a line coaching gig by the start of the next season, must feel 5 times worse seeing dimma refreshed and rejuvenated up on the Gold Coast.

What Hardwick did was a total dick move.

Having not been at the high end of a draft for years, they burn multiple top-20 picks for Taranto & Hopper leaving them with two alright injury prone players and a terrible crop of young players to mount their next premiership tilt. The generous pick they got from us for CCJ was used on Taranto. Tarrant was another injury-prone bust for them. Then the retirements start building up with Riewoldt and Cotchin on the horizon, and he pulls the mental-health card and bails midyear. Only for his mental health issues to clear up significantly before the end of the H&A season to take the AFL's $$$ to coach an up and coming franchise, leaving the Tigers in a world of poop.

Like Ross Lyon, he went balls in for premierships, ran the list headlong into an iceberg, and then hopped into another boat just before the crash. Unlike Lyon, he at least actually won some premierships.

Last edited:
Who are the better twins? McKay or King.

If North could get one set of twins or the other next year, who would you pick. Can't be split, it's a 2 or nothing deal.

If North could get one set of twins or the other next year, who would you pick. Can't be split, it's a 2 or nothing deal.

Would have to be the McKays, surely? Imagine Harry up there with Larkey. Say what you will about Buckets but he plays his role well.

Max King at North would be the spud trade to end all spud trades. Ben is good.

McKay...the King twins are overrated...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back