Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 3, 2012
Tigerland
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Dustin deserves it more than Conor imo.

Dustin's 9 of 11 since returning to lightweight, and his loss to Khabib wasn't horrible. versus Conor lost 2 out of last 4, not really looking like beating Khabib at any point in that fight.

Comparing Conor's and Dustin's efforts
-dustin had more(not a lot, but probably more) success on the feet
-escaped the same neck crank that Conor got submitted to
-had khabib in some trouble with a guillotine

in conor's favor he got into the 4th round, however one could argue Khabib was more concerned with embarrassing Conor with striking and ground n pound than submitting him earlier

Dustin needs to fight again though. Can’t get a instant rematch with Khabib.

If Conor beats Cowboy;
I’d like to see McGregor v Poirier #1 contenders fight - winner gets Khabib/Ferguson at the end of 2020.

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Dustin needs to fight again though. Can’t get a instant rematch with Khabib.

If Conor beats Cowboy;
I’d like to see McGregor v Poirier #1 contenders fight - winner gets Khabib/Ferguson at the end of 2020.
Mcgregor v Poirier is a fight I'd love to see.

I guess the variable when talking about Khabib is you know he's going to retire pretty soon.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
Said it before but I honestly believe Khabib will retire if he beats Tony.
If Conor wins he should fight Poirer. Gaethje should get the next title shot after Tony.
Gaethje Vs Tony would be an absolute banger and as much as it hurts me I think Gaethje sparks him too.

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
I doubt Khabib ever fights Gaethje, he’s talked about lack of motivation for fights, you really think he gets through Tony Ferguson and then gets himself up to go and fight Justin Gaethje? I wouldn’t of thought so either. The guys not even a rampant contender let alone a serious name or legacy fight. He’s only got a few left he’s looking for the GSP types.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide

these articles state Pettis already has an opponent for his next fight, and he's returning to lightweight.
Really hoping for good odds on CDF here

I doubt Khabib ever fights Gaethje, he’s talked about lack of motivation for fights, you really think he gets through Tony Ferguson and then gets himself up to go and fight Justin Gaethje? I wouldn’t of thought so either. The guys not even a rampant contender let alone a serious name or legacy fight. He’s only got a few left he’s looking for the GSP types.
Gaethje isn't a serious contender?

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Gaethje isn't a serious contender?

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk
I just said he wasn’t a rampant contender, as in he hasn’t beaten the door down for this fight.

I mean Tony was always going to be first but I feel Justin could get one more win against one of the top few although they haven’t really been available to be fair, of course his big fight was against Dustin and he got finished. It’s all about timing really. He’s certainly not unworthy but it’s not that essential.

For the first time in a while I'm stumped as to what Conor should do or and will do next.

It's a nice problem for the UFC. Do they keep him aside and wait for the Khabib rematch or do they adhere to Conor wanting regular activity?

Conor will always have his naysayers and a lot came out of the woodwork despite his performance. ie Cerrone too over the hill, lost his last 2, easy stylistic fight etc. I don't think those people understand the risk McGregor took taking that fight against a very well rounded fighter like Cerrone. McGregor getting headkicked and being stiff on the canvas would have been a pr disaster for the UFC and his stock as a fighter/brand would plummeted.

I wanna see regular activity. A fight against Gaethje or Makhachev would be cool.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I wanna see regular activity. A fight against Gaethje or Makhachev would be cool.
One thing is absolutely certain. He isn't fighting a random Russian on PPV for millions of $...

Masvidal, Gaethje, late replacement for the title fight if injury, Pac in boxing. I truly think they're the options. Diaz will always be there, why rush to it now? I don't think anyone cares about a Floyd rematch

Personally think Mas is the fight to make. Get it done for May, a week before Canelo fights to kill any promotion Golden Boy would get

For the first time in a while I'm stumped as to what Conor should do or and will do next.

It's a nice problem for the UFC. Do they keep him aside and wait for the Khabib rematch or do they adhere to Conor wanting regular activity?

Conor will always have his naysayers and a lot came out of the woodwork despite his performance. ie Cerrone too over the hill, lost his last 2, easy stylistic fight etc. I don't think those people understand the risk McGregor took taking that fight against a very well rounded fighter like Cerrone. McGregor getting headkicked and being stiff on the canvas would have been a pr disaster for the UFC and his stock as a fighter/brand would plummeted.

McGregor vs Gaethje makes so much sense. If McGregor wins, it gives him a genuine reason to rematch Khabib (if he beats Tony). It also shuts Gaethje up about Conor getting shots he doesn't deserve.

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
Lmao. I can smell the desperation from Usman from here. Once he loses his title he will fall quietly into the night. He's a s**t campaigner, s**t champion, and s**t fighter.

And that's a s**t post. Usman is about as far away from being a s**t fighter as anyone. He dominated the previous long reigning champion, got injured and then just fought a classic title fight against the number one contender.

Rocco sifreddi

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
And that's a s**t post. Usman is about as far away from being a s**t fighter as anyone. He dominated the previous long reigning champion, got injured and then just fought a classic title fight against the number one contender.
Dominated woodley on the ground and smashed covington standing up , definitely the real deal.

Back