Mega Thread 'The Notorious' Conor McGregor

Remove this Banner Ad

And that's a s**t post. Usman is about as far away from being a s**t fighter as anyone. He dominated the previous long reigning champion, got injured and then just fought a classic title fight against the number one contender.
s**t fighter as in s**t style. No champion is s**t at fighting but I don't like anything about the campaigner. He did dominate Woodley but if that was a motivated Woodley at 100% id be surprised it was that easy.

His personality is faker than Colby's. Id ******* love to see Masvidal gutter stomp him

What fakeness?

I feel the same way about usman as i do DC. Both are brilliant fighters but theres just something about them that annoys me. they are a bit cringey, kind of force the trash talking which comes across tryhard ish.

I feel like they are the guy in your group of mates that barely fits in but tries hard to fit in, and everyone just lets them go even tho they are a bit annoying

s**t fighter as in s**t style. No champion is s**t at fighting but I don't like anything about the campaigner. He did dominate Woodley but if that was a motivated Woodley at 100% id be surprised it was that easy.

His personality is faker than Colby's. Id ******* love to see Masvidal gutter stomp him

I don't get how you can claim his personality is faker than Colby's who has admitted to playing a character. Have you got examples of him being fake?

And I still don't understand how his style would be considered s**t. He is a dominant grappler which people can find boring, but his striking is quickly catching up and he puts a ridiculous pace on opponents that most can't handle. Performance/fight of the night bonuses in his last two fights suggest his employers think his style is quite pleasing too.

I don't get how you can claim his personality is faker than Colby's who has admitted to playing a character. Have you got examples of him being fake?

And I still don't understand how his style would be considered s**t. He is a dominant grappler which people can find boring, but his striking is quickly catching up and he puts a ridiculous pace on opponents that most can't handle. Performance/fight of the night bonuses in his last two fights suggest his employers think his style is quite pleasing too.
I don't understand how you can't see how fake Usman is and I really can't be stuffed explaining. Considering the likes my post garnered I reckon you're alone thinking he's real.

I'd say in the same vein as Ben Askren has previously said. He generally just lacks the personality, charisma. Even after beating Colby he should've had half the world on his side but he just fails to capture the support of the public looking for a hero, his response to 'how did it feel to finally shut Colby up and break his jaw' should've been a great opportunity display some passion and relate to all the fans who wanted a satisfying answer.

Jorge talks about it too, the whole 'Who? who?' thing is just weak.

I don't understand how you can't see how fake Usman is and I really can't be stuffed explaining. Considering the likes my post garnered I reckon you're alone thinking he's real.

Was that the reply to me that got 1 like or the original post that got zero? :p

Fair enough you don't want to explain, not trying to get in to an argument just wanting to clarify. I haven't seen anything I would consider as fake from him. On the whole, I don't find him a particularly interesting person but think he's a great fighter and will be damn hard to stop in the next few years if his body holds up.

I'd say in the same vein as Ben Askren has previously said. He generally just lacks the personality, charisma. Even after beating Colby he should've had half the world on his side but he just fails to capture the support of the public looking for a hero, his response to 'how did it feel to finally shut Colby up and break his jaw' should've been a great opportunity display some passion and relate to all the fans who wanted a satisfying answer.

Jorge talks about it too, the whole 'Who? who?' thing is just weak.

Not very charismatic I would agree with (I personally loved his quote about being more American than Colby in the aftermath of their fight though), I was wanting to clarify how he could be considered faker than Colby who has admitted he is playing a character.

Anyway, enough sidetracking the McGregor thread with Usman chat.

Was that the reply to me that got 1 like or the original post that got zero? :p

Fair enough you don't want to explain, not trying to get in to an argument just wanting to clarify. I haven't seen anything I would consider as fake from him. On the whole, I don't find him a particularly interesting person but think he's a great fighter and will be damn hard to stop in the next few years if his body holds up.

Not very charismatic I would agree with (I personally loved his quote about being more American than Colby in the aftermath of their fight though), I was wanting to clarify how he could be considered faker than Colby who has admitted he is playing a character.

Anyway, enough sidetracking the McGregor thread with Usman chat.
No the original but hating Usman which got about 6 which is half of this forum.

I think Conor would be crazy to have his next fight to be against Usman, Masvidal or Khabib. Sure his win against cowboy was impressive but I think he is a long way off being able to beat any of those three guys.

I think he needs a couple more stepping stones before anything too mental

I'm hoping for Gaethje before anyone else.

FOR:

- John Kavanagh said that's who he wants Conor to fights next
- Conor himself said Gaethje has it coming for him, bad blood should make it interesting (the tweets about Conor being a s**t human being etc.)
- Gaethje should put up a good fight but realistically be a stepping stone towards a belt for Conor

AGAINST:

- Conor may not want Gaethje to make a good payday off of his name
- Dana doesn't seem too keen on the fight
- Gaethje lost to both Poirier and Alvarez, he's already not that well known so it's not the best look

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4J3w.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back