Not open for further replies.
Hmmm...

1. FB messenger
2. Facebook
3. Instagram
4. Bigfooty
5. Snapchat

I dont have LinkedIn or Twitter.

Surprised you have 5, and surprised you don't have LI or Twitter. Twitter is SUPER useful as a sports fan, and LinkedIn is pretty vital.

Why are you surprised I have 5 different social media platforms?

What is LinkedIn? Twitter is just for celebrities.

I meant number 5. No one uses Snapchat anymore.

Never mind mate, you know better than me. :thumbsu:

Oh yeah I know... it's why Snappers was last. I never really use it.

So what is LinkedIn anyways mate?

It's basically a virtual CV, where people you have worked with can recommend you based on particular skills, and recruiters can contact you with jobs in areas you might be interested in and qualified for. The job I'm in now literally came because a recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. It's not a social media platform in the sense that, you don't really use it for daily posts, but it's very useful to have.

Thistle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, ICT, Glory
By the sounds of it I’m glad I don’t know what this is.

Was actually thinking over the break how little time I spend on FB nowadays not including messenger. Same goes with on here when not at work. If people had to rank their social platforms in order of what theyd go into most to least what would they be?

1. FB Messenger
2. Twitter
3. Facebook
4. Bigfooty
5. LinkedIn (Apple counts it as social in its time limit app)
6. Instagram
7. Whatsapp (only for work while overseas and Cruffy’s wedding group had to be on there ;) )
I need to cut down my Facebook and phone usage, such a unproductive drain of time. Facebook especially is just filled with clickbait articles and little about what my friends are up to - I find Instagram has taken over that role now.
It’s pretty much just illiterate African and Indian football fans commenting on Goal, Bleacher, Mirror, etc. and they don’t like each other. I’ve unfollowed a lot of those pages because the content is average and the comments are absolute horse s**t.
I don't know how it started but they are ******* everywhere to the point I would take back the Messi v Ronaldo fanboi shitfights instead.
It's basically a virtual CV, where people you have worked with can recommend you based on particular skills, and recruiters can contact you with jobs in areas you might be interested in and qualified for. The job I'm in now literally came because a recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. It's not a social media platform in the sense that, you don't really use it for daily posts, but it's very useful to have.
LinkedIn is great for recruitment and industry reading but most of my feed is people blowing smoke up their own arse trying to prove to everyone how successful and happy they are.

Last edited:
I need to cut down my Facebook and phone usage, such a unproductive drain of time. Facebook especially is just filled with clickbait articles and little about what my friends are up to - I find Instagram has taken over that role now.

I don't know how it started but they are ******* everywhere to the point I would take back the Messi v Ronaldo fanboi shitfights instead.

LinkedIn is great for recruitment and industry reading but most of my feed is people blowing smoke up their own arse trying to share with everyone how successful and happy they are.

I don't browse LinkedIn though, it's basically just there for when I move jobs.

And yeah I agree, I spend way too much time on Messenger. I'm in a big group chat with a bunch of dickheads I don't really like but say things that are occasionally pretty funny but it's pretty distracting.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Ah right ok. Yeah I dont think that's something I need at the moment but I can see the benefits.

Ah right ok. Yeah I dont think that's something I need at the moment but I can see the benefits.

It's not really about the 'at the moment' thing, it's something good to have sitting in the background because you never know when it will come in handy. It also helps you develop your CV and consider what skills you need and where you might want to end up.

But as above, I don't really use it as a social media platform, even though I know some do.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
I don't browse LinkedIn though, it's basically just there for when I move jobs.

And yeah I agree, I spend way too much time on Messenger. I'm in a big group chat with a bunch of dickheads I don't really like but say things that are occasionally pretty funny but it's pretty distracting.
Group chats are life.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
It's not really about the 'at the moment' thing, it's something good to have sitting in the background because you never know when it will come in handy. It also helps you develop your CV and consider what skills you need and where you might want to end up.

But as above, I don't really use it as a social media platform, even though I know some do.
Yeah I get it's purpose but Im in a steady job and outside of this job, I dont really know what I want to do with my life so I think LinkedIn is a little pointless for me at the minute.

Group chats are life.

Yeah I was just baiting, it's with guys from BF.

Twitter is super useful. I don't tweet often if at all but it's good for sport etc.

Yeah I get it's purpose but Im in a steady job and outside of this job, I dont really know what I want to do with my life so I think LinkedIn is a little pointless for me at the minute.

Haha mate one of the uses for it as mentioned above is it lets you look at things in industries you might be interested in. It's how I got contacted by recruiters in a job space I never would have considered.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Yeah LinkedIn is just to get contacted by recruiters or to learn some pretty interesting news stories shared by people in industries you want to know about that you wouldn't find on FB. Instead of LadBible it's business related content that's the difference for me

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Group chats are life.

They are, however you’d be surprised by the amount of trouble I’ve seen some lads get into over the years. Due to the fact they have these apps on their work iPhones (ridiculous, I know).

Leave that kind of stuff to your personal phones, that’s my main advice here. The amount of screenshots etc I’ve had to go through when complaints have been made, frightening.

I gotta admit though some of the stuff has been slightly amusing but when they start sneaking in photos of some of the women at work at “what they would do to them”, holy crap. A few promising careers have been ruined by this stupidity.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
They are, however you’d be surprised by the amount of trouble I’ve seen some lads get into over the years. Due to the fact they have these apps on their work iPhones (ridiculous, I know).

Leave that kind of stuff to your personal phones, that’s my main advice here. The amount of screenshots etc I’ve had to go through when complaints have been made, frightening.

I gotta admit though some of the stuff has been slightly amusing but when they start sneaking in photos of some of the women at work at “what they would do to them”, holy crap. A few promising careers have been ruined by this stupidity.
It is hard to believe someone is that stupid.

Also (and maybe it’s just me) I’ve never really had those kinds of comments/chats with mates about women. We will talk about how good looking one might be but I’ve never got involved in the “what I’d do to her” crap.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
It is hard to believe someone is that stupid.

Also (and maybe it’s just me) I’ve never really had those kinds of comments/chats with mates about women. We will talk about how good looking one might be but I’ve never got involved in the “what I’d do to her” crap.

Yep. A bit of money and success can do strange things to a young person’s way of thinking.

I use FB a lot. But mainly it's browsing the feed, in a few groups. I get a lot of my news from FB too, I find it very useful in that sense. Messenger is great.

I'm a big Insta fan too. Snapchat is falling off the face of the earth.

I really should get Linked In.

You don't get your news from actual news sites/stations?

I occasionally browse FB for news but that's about it. I haven't made a status in about 4 years and most of the feed is full of shitty memes. Twitter is my primary source for news, both sport and not. I've never had Instagram or Snapchat and don't have any interest in doing so. BF and Messenger are my main two platforms right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back